Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallen Earth: Farms Incoming

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The November edition of the Fallen Earth State of the Game letter has been published with the news that the team has been actively working on bringing the farm feature into the game. Players will be able to place farms somewhere in the game world and use them to raise organic materials such as animals and crops.

Harvesting the resource will give the player a chance to get a common, uncommon or rare component. Players will be able to use crafted, dropped, or purchased items to extend the longevity of their farms, speed up the growth of their resources, or improve their chances of getting a rare component. Additionally, placing a farm in a higher risk area such as a PVP zone can improve the yield of harvested resources.  

Read the full letter on the Fallen Earth site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

"...or purchased items to extend the longevity of their farms, speed up the growth of their resources, or improve their chances of getting a rare component"

Uh oh

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by Vesavius

"...or purchased items to extend the longevity of their farms, speed up the growth of their resources, or improve their chances of getting a rare component"

Uh oh

Nah, not really. That ship sailed a long time ago, this is just more of the same. Right up to the pathetic attempt to get more crafters in PvP zones to be easy targets.

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    Farms! What every MMO has been lacking?!?!

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257

Has the combat been improved? If not then shouldn't they improve that rather than add farming. Well then again I guess it would be a start. Been considering taking a look at the game again.

• IfrianMMOIfrianMMO Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Just like in WoW basically?

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by IfrianMMO

Probably. It seems like now that they realise that they can get people to log in every day to check their crops it has a chance of getting a lot more cash shop revenue to speed up the process. I actually hated the WoW farming aspect and hope this maybe will improve upon it, but I have my doubts.

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402

Maybe you'd like to explain just where in WoW you can have your own farm or grow your own crops ? If you can then I'll admit your statement isn't as stupid as it looks at first glance .

Originally posted by roo67

Maybe you'd like to explain just where in WoW you can have your own farm or grow your own crops ? If you can then I'll admit your statement isn't as stupid as it looks at first glance .

http://www.wowpedia.org/Tillers

It´s one of the new features of Mist of Pandaria, alongside the pet battles, dragon taming/ racing and the rest.

• LonzoLonzo Member UncommonPosts: 294
    This game still exists???

• DeeterDeeter Member UncommonPosts: 135
    They need to work on making this game actually fun to play before adding any more fluff like this
  • roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402

It´s one of the new features of Mist of Pandaria, alongside the pet battles, dragon taming/ racing and the rest.

Sounds like WoWs copied that idea from lotro . Having said that you dont have your own farm in lotro but you do grow crops in it in designated areas . Another case of WoW borrowing ideas from other games and some people thinking that WoW did it first . I dont know a lot about Fallen Earth as a game but I would imagine its farming features will be a lot more in depth than WoWs mini game . I did try the pet battles with a recent ten day MOP trial they were a bit lackluster to say the least .

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by Deeter
    They need to work on making this game actually fun to play before adding any more fluff like this

^This.

If those fools would overhaul the combat system, I'd come back. Other than that, nah.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682

Farmville: The Post-Apocalyptic Years, now on Facebook.

Optional PvP = No PvP

Sounds like WoWs copied that idea from lotro . Having said that you dont have your own farm in lotro but you do grow crops in it in designated areas . Another case of WoW borrowing ideas from other games and some people thinking that WoW did it first . I dont know a lot about Fallen Earth as a game but I would imagine its farming features will be a lot more in depth than WoWs mini game . I did try the pet battles with a recent ten day MOP trial they were a bit lackluster to say the least .

Yeah and LOTRO stole the idea from a few low budget, obscure korean mmo´s,  such as LUNA ONLINE and many more, but that´s besides the point.

The thing is, the way they explained the farm system it looks identical to WoW´s version to me, hence i pointed WoW out.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Myria
    Originally posted by Vesavius

Uh oh

Nah, not really. That ship sailed a long time ago, this is just more of the same. Right up to the pathetic attempt to get more crafters in PvP zones to be easy targets.

All other activities are controlled by how much you spend, so why not?

Although this game is F2P, it really pushes subscription, by injuring F2P progress.  Of course Gamers First needs money to stay afloat, I'm just suspicious because of the F2P nerfs over the past year to make the life of a F2P'er miserable.

I smell someone trying to tap into Zynga's market ... $15 holiday tractors ... $25 and it's also a mount .. special crop plants, maybe livestock only available in the cash shop .. and of course, limits on farm yields (goes along with farm longevity), depending on your subscription level .. yeah.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/133/Ashen-Empires

OMGZ they copied a 14 year old game....ugh, I guess you could say they also stole the combat from the early chinese boomsticks too...

• kb056kb056 Member CommonPosts: 423

As a Day 1 Alpha tester, Farming was something talked about 2 years prior to Alpha. Haven't played the game in 2 years. Surprised this game even warrants an article.