Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Greed Monger, name change?

Comments

• ShadowhellzShadowhellz Member Posts: 16

I wouldn't mine if they called it GMO and just refered to it as Greed Online or Greed.

That'd be a much easier name on the eyes :)

• Dim_sumDim_sum Member Posts: 17
    I fully endorse any game with the word monger in it.
  • FfolrakFfolrak Member UncommonPosts: 3
    I like the name.
  • BloodyVikingBloodyViking Member UncommonPosts: 132

LOL nothing wrong with the name.

I had a much larger issue with "World of Tanks" after playing "World of Warcraft" for years. And look at that one...40+ million accounts and counting.

It's not the name but the game you deliver that will make or break a title.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I personally find the name pretty off putting, but that's just me.

Worth bearing in mind that the name, while for sure not making a game, is a huge part of your marketing it... get it wrong and you can alienate a lot of potential customers as they simply move right on past what you have spent so long on.

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545
    Agree that the name is terrible.

The same meaning could be conveyed using a somewhat less ugly vernacular.
    Like Avarice Online for example =)

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• CammelCammel Member UncommonPosts: 7
    I like the name..
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Noah I never would have guessed a name would upset so many people. I would have thought the features would be infinitely more important. A generic fantasy name would have me assuming it was another Asian ftp mmo.
  • plaxidiaplaxidia Member UncommonPosts: 171

Name makes no difference to me at all.. Have played plenty of "Cool" named games that made me curse the box it came in.. Maybe a game focused on the actual game and not what peoples perceptions because of the name will turn out better...

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

What a unatractive name...

Vast Online

Forger 

Kingmaker

Hoard

Fire and Steel

Iron Crown

Cross Hammer Online

Battle Monger

Vagabond Online

Age of Iron

Anything...but Greed Monger...funny thing is I'll still play it.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• SallviSallvi Member Posts: 1
    I like the title its not that bad :)
  • JamesPJamesP Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Originally posted by Robokapp

title's fine.

we're just very limited on what to whine about atm.

as more about the game is announced, nobody will mind the name. there'll be something else to whine about.

Well maybe after our next video you guys will have some other things to complain about! Hopefully not but those who want to complain will find SOMETHING to complain about no matter how perfect you make it. Our next video will be showcasing some of the combat in GM.

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712
    Combat video today? 
  • JamesPJamesP Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Prob. not today... But hopefully in the next few days.

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    how about you guys stop bitching and let the evs name THEIR game.

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Perfectly fitting name for a laissez-faire-crony-capitalism-style based game!

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178

I'm in marketing, as a profession (yeah I know, I hate myself too).

I can tell you this.

It's an interesting name.

It's pretty specific as to what you want, greedy actions.

However .... I hate to tell you guys, this term is not original, it's actually a huge insult on "the streets" of rl.

It basically means you a douche with money.

Check out ole urban dictonary on the term on how it applies modernly.

I didn't even see Greed Monger, most people are calling it GM out of shame of the name. It's pretty hard to take you guys seriously when it's (And this is how modern people treat this term)

.  Greedmonger 

<div connected-wrapper"="">

A millionaire politician who vetoes state social services for children.

The greedmonger loved his cash stash so much that he wouldn't give money for food to the starving child on the street.

To me I see "Uo style " I think awesome, and then I think what you all are calling yourselves and I can't help but pity you.

Unique name but it's going to repel players and if your goal is a selective business, good luck in your first real quarter, because I'm pretty sure despite them saying they won't change it....once they hire a marketing exec they'll be told "how the fk do you expect me to sell this name? Can we just call it GM or G? ".

Dudes I have 14 years in marketing and I honestly cannot come to a draw how to market this game.

"Greed is good, be a monger"?

"Greed, Gold, and Greatness" -Greed Monger.

I'm reaching here. It's a tough nut to crack.

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    Just name it Ultimate Online, everyone will try it.
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    Originally posted by Astropuyo

I'm in marketing, as a profession (yeah I know, I hate myself too).

I can tell you this.

It's an interesting name.

It's pretty specific as to what you want, greedy actions.

However .... I hate to tell you guys, this term is not original, it's actually a huge insult on "the streets" of rl.

It basically means you a douche with money.

Check out ole urban dictonary on the term on how it applies modernly.

I didn't even see Greed Monger, most people are calling it GM out of shame of the name. It's pretty hard to take you guys seriously when it's (And this is how modern people treat this term)

.  Greedmonger 

<div connected-wrapper"="">

A millionaire politician who vetoes state social services for children.

The greedmonger loved his cash stash so much that he wouldn't give money for food to the starving child on the street.

To me I see "Uo style " I think awesome, and then I think what you all are calling yourselves and I can't help but pity you.

Unique name but it's going to repel players and if your goal is a selective business, good luck in your first real quarter, because I'm pretty sure despite them saying they won't change it....once they hire a marketing exec they'll be told "how the fk do you expect me to sell this name? Can we just call it GM or G? ".

Dudes I have 14 years in marketing and I honestly cannot come to a draw how to market this game.

"Greed is good, be a monger"?

"Greed, Gold, and Greatness" -Greed Monger.

I'm reaching here. It's a tough nut to crack.

I assumed it was going to be a facebook style monopolizing game. 
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Kilrain
    I assumed it was going to be a facebook style monopolizing game. 

To be honest I sorta assumed that as well when I first heard about it.

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

Name sucks...

...But...But...We are  talking about it. ;)

• wilecoyotewilecoyote Member Posts: 3
    Great Concept!  I can not wait to give it a try.  I loved UO back in the beginning.  This game will be a lot like the old UO only with better graphics.
  • SlyJesseSlyJesse Member Posts: 2
    I have a problem pronoucing the Monger part. Whenever i say it an l slips in and it turns into Mongler. No idea if it's just me or my accent, Lol.
  • Sauteed_OnionSauteed_Onion Member Posts: 33
    How about just dropping Monger off the name of the game altogether and calling it Greed.. or Greed Online.
  • Sauteed_OnionSauteed_Onion Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by Shadowhellz

I wouldn't mine if they called it GMO and just refered to it as Greed Online or Greed.

That'd be a much easier name on the eyes :)

Wow, totally skipped this post; but seeing it re-affirms that more than 1 person is into the idea  ^ ^. Anyhow you could call this game farty fat kids paradise and I'll still be interested in it.