Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introduction to The Elder Scrolls Online (video)

13»

Comments

• TimzillaTimzilla Member UncommonPosts: 437

Originally posted by drakaena
    Instanced world. Instanced PvP. Instanced Normal and Heroic mode dungeons/raids. Hm.

Sounds close to perfect. If they're not borrowing heavily from WoW, they're doing it wrong.

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

Most definitely NOT the "WoW clone" the haters are trying to make it out to be.

Very interested now.

That cool-aid was pretty delicious, eh?

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554
    Ill admit i am very happy to see at a non tab target melee system, it did look like the combat was a bit stale but at least its not what most including myself thought it too be.

The world is absolutely stunning, the pvp siege system looked really good etc, i think the two things that stood out in this video aside from the combat that i would take as a negative were the player armors (all the players looked very similar, no real diversity at least in this video) And the magic combat, maybe it was just this video but it did look like all the magic was being cast from a standing still point.

But aside from that my opinion on the game changed, i might actually enjoy playing this.
  • KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

If the combat is not substantially better than in Oblivion, Skyrim or the others (F3/FNV) they might as well not even make it, it WILL flop with such horrible combat.

This isn't 1995, that shit doesn't float - the only reason it's acceptable in Skyrim or Oblivion is that combat isn't the dominant feature.

• Arcondo87Arcondo87 Member Posts: 94
    PLEASE GOD! keep it about exploration and DO NOT ADD raid finder OR group finder! AND NO HELL NO flying mounts PLEASE!
  • kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

Looks JUST LIKE the swtor videos bioware made and I'm sure it will turn out to be a disaster in the end too. I think I'm done with MMOs, nothing new.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Disagree comaf

Don't sprinkle in wow dungeon finder

Have open world dungeons like tes, daoc and EQ.
  • just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

Originally posted by tom_gore
    Can you show me where in the video did they prove it's not a WoW clone?

'Cuz I didn't see it.

Combat is turn based, maybe closer to GW2 than WoW but far from the combat of Skyrim, for example.

So, real time reticle aiming with left click to attack and right click to block style combat is a turn based clone of WoWs combat?

Seriously, not enough /facepalms in the world.

GW2 combat isn't turn based, for one.  For two, the combat is nothing like WoW's.  tom_gore needs to re-examine his "issues" with the combat me thinks. lol

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

oh for god sake.....WoW is a pure EQ clone...wut gives ?
    Wow clone
    WoW clone
    WoW clone
    WoW clone
    WoW clone

ALL MMO WoW clone

Wich forum or wherever you go its a wow clone.

10 year old ?

You comparing Toll Barad versus RvR now ? wow clone ?

For the love of god stop saying wow clone is makes you look 10 year old.

alright about the movie, it looks good, lots of skyrim feel to it, wich can be a very good thing.
    What i am sceptic about is the WvW/RvR, only GW2 got it right and i realy hope GW2 gets some more competition in that market :)
    Lets wait and see how this on turns out.

• HestiaHestia Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Looks great. Got my heart pumping and really excited! The only thing I can request for the devs is: Take AS MUCH of your time to fully develop the game for us.