Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Found a new gold dupe last week...

psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

So I found a brand new gold dupe last week...   reported it to SV.   Dupe was undetectable by their so-called 'detection methods'.  

First off, if you ever want GM support, just say you found a gold dupe in IRC and I got a GM quicker than I have ever seen.

But in the end... not even a thank you email from Starvault.  That kind of customer interaction is just pathetic.  Grade A clown management team over there.  Were I to run the game, I'd have rewards systems in place for reporting game breaking bugs.  I don't think I'd bother to report another bug that like after seeing how little a shit they give about their loyal customers trying to help them.

16 more days to go before Mortal Online permadeath.

Comments

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

you know their methods billy, they will never change and they are terrible at dealing with dupes. But you still play it so...

either stop playing or keep playing and put up with it. Im sure you of all people dont expect them to change anymore.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by deathshroud

you know their methods billy, they will never change and they are terrible at dealing with dupes. But you still play it so...

either stop playing or keep playing and put up with it. Im sure you of all people dont expect them to change anymore.

Yea I don't really play - riding around for hours and finding nothing is not my idea of a fun game.  I just subbed an account to check out a few new additions, and there I found the dupe.  

I do expect them to thank people profusely for reporting dupes... my behavior should stand out compared to everyone else who keeps the info for themselves.  Obviously my expectations were not met lol.

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263
    you play MO? please /delete your mmorpg account

Originally posted by GreenishBlue
    you play MO? please /delete your mmorpg account

Huh?

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162

I gotta agree with death.  You still play it and help keep the machine running so...

Vote with your wallet.  

• ShyaticShyatic Member Posts: 41
    What happens in 16 days?
  • HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Shyatic
    What happens in 16 days?

Im guessing Darkfall 2 release?

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    What happens in 16 days?

i would be suprised if it released in 16 days, theres been so little inofrmation on it.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Originally posted by Hancakes
    What happens in 16 days?

i would be suprised if it released in 16 days, theres been so little inofrmation on it.

No idea, I was just guessing what he might have ment.  But, I do think youve grown too accustomed to Starvaults need over-hype. (under promise and over deliver )

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

-They probably didnt bother thanking you because it was probably a dupe which has been there since beta Block B and still hasnt been fixed.

Yes, this game is over. Mass Exodus already in progress. Forum is dead. game is dead... In fact, there was even a whole bunch of drama there last weekend and nobody (myself included) even made a thread here about it- The drama was good but its just more of the same we have seen since this "game" began- Bugs, exploits, cheats, corrupt GMs and the like...

DF will be the final nail in the coffen that is MO- Even IF DF does not come out as planned, this game cannot limp along much longer.

Years later and still corruption plagues this game, bugs still rampant, etc, etc, etc...And it just isnt that funny to laugh at anymore.

I felt totally ripped off by SV but I have gotten more entertainment from this games FAIL at everything that I think its a good and even trade.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Originally posted by SaintPhilip

Yes, this game is over. Mass Exodus already in progress. Forum is dead. game is dead... In fact, there was even a whole bunch of drama there last weekend and nobody (myself included) even made a thread here about it- The drama was good but its just more of the same we have seen since this "game" began- Bugs, exploits, cheats, corrupt GMs and the like...

True. No one really cares anymore it seems.

And the mmorpg.com "haters vs fanboys" MO battles are over too, sadly. I guess that even for the most brainwashed, rabid fanboy imaginable, it's pretty hard to defend this game nowadays.

The "wait until after Awakening" and "wait til they've ironed out the bugs" arguments just don't hold up anymore.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by psykobilly

So I found a brand new gold dupe last week...   reported it to SV.   Dupe was undetectable by their so-called 'detection methods'.  

First off, if you ever want GM support, just say you found a gold dupe in IRC and I got a GM quicker than I have ever seen.

But in the end... not even a thank you email from Starvault.  That kind of customer interaction is just pathetic.  Grade A clown management team over there.  Were I to run the game, I'd have rewards systems in place for reporting game breaking bugs.  I don't think I'd bother to report another bug that like after seeing how little a shit they give about their loyal customers trying to help them.

so, you found a bug in what, beta and want a cookie for it?

that's your job in beta, no? jesus. kids those days..... seriously.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Originally posted by Thane

LOL I am not sure if you are being facetious or not- If you are, that a pretty damn funny comment-

-If not...Well, games not in beta. Its in alpha/beta state but has been released and went gold over two years ago.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

• RilmanRilman Member CommonPosts: 35
    I noticed there was no posts here about here too, i guess just no one really gives a shit anymore.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by Biskop

I'm pretty sure he was refering to the state of the game and the integrity of the GMs, rather than trolling the OP.

We are probably just not used to clever posts on a MO thread :P

Harbinger of Fools
  • YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    I was surprised that no one made a post about the drama last week too, but I couldn't be arsed tbh. Forums are indeed dead, I hopped on the irc to find a pal last night and it was the lowest amount of ppl I've seen in some time. It really would of been sad if it was not well deserved in SV's case.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

How dare you!

They should have erected a statue and added an item set in his name.

Originally posted by YojimboBimbo
    I was surprised that no one made a post about the drama last week too, but I couldn't be arsed tbh. Forums are indeed dead, I hopped on the irc to find a pal last night and it was the lowest amount of ppl I've seen in some time. It really would of been sad if it was not well deserved in SV's case.

The drama:

For those who don't know there was an exploit where you could link in game bags to the contents of your city bank.  So it was like magical bags of holding that pull stuff from far away.

A few people used the exploit in a siege to pull magic boulders, but it wasn't enough to make a difference so nothing changed.  

• FastSlothFastSloth Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by YojimboBimbo

The drama:

For those who don't know there was an exploit where you could link in game bags to the contents of your city bank.  So it was like magical bags of holding that pull stuff from far away.

A few people used the exploit in a siege to pull magic boulders, but it wasn't enough to make a difference so nothing changed.  

Oh. I read that. Just didn't think it was particularily noteworthy since I was browsing the MO forums.

• CheboyganCheboygan Member UncommonPosts: 36

And the mmorpg.com "haters vs fanboys" MO battles are over too, sadly. I guess that even for the most brainwashed, rabid fanboy imaginable, it's pretty hard to defend this game nowadays.

The "wait until after Awakening" and "wait til they've ironed out the bugs" arguments just don't hold up anymore.

it is a shame

i have this game on my favorites list here just to tune in every now and then for the fun popcorn read

the war is over and nobody won :(

Originally posted by Cheboygan

it is a shame

i have this game on my favorites list here just to tune in every now and then for the fun popcorn read

For real.

This was by far the most entertaining forum on this site- After Awakening this forum fell "asleep" ... I want my MO forum battles back =(

Originally posted by Cheboygan

it is a shame

For real.

This was by far the most entertaining forum on this site- After Awakening this forum fell "asleep" ... I want my MO forum battles back =(

Think all the worthy players have been forced into exile.