Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall UW "gameplay"

Comments

• I'm hyped now, no more staff for transfers, no more battlemages, stats based on role. Brilliant and how thig should have benn managed late in 2009.
    Hope they release the 20 a good game, can't wait. :)

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Falesh
    Originally posted by Fearmeirl
    Pretty much confirms they have removed skill and talent and replaced it with R/P/S and numbers. Woot!, I guess.

Please explain how you came to that conclusion?

How about the inherent inaccuracy now built into ranged weapons/skills?

Originally posted by kdchan

I'm hyped now, no more staff for transfers, no more battlemages, stats based on role.

How did you come to that conclusion??? The video is too heavily edited to make such statements. Care to point out what times in the video caused you to make the above statement?

• FaleshFalesh Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by Falesh
    Originally posted by Fearmeirl
    Pretty much confirms they have removed skill and talent and replaced it with R/P/S and numbers. Woot!, I guess.

Please explain how you came to that conclusion?

How about the inherent inaccuracy now built into ranged weapons/skills?

At close range the larger crosshair you get when moving is still covered by a player character so that doesn't change much. At medium to long range it is not but you can time your movements so that you stop just before your ability has charged so you get full accuracy while only standing still for the minimum amount of time.

I still don't get the R/P/S bit. There is the possibility that may be the case in 1v1, though we can't say for sure if it is or not due to the lack of information on all the roles/schools. However DF:UW is a group game and with the diversity they have added group combat will become more skill based due to having to work more as a team rather then everyone being able to do everything.

I'm pretty confident that the best groups with the best players will win consistently in DF:UW. Only time will prove this right or wrong though.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d

Here we go

Link fixed :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1BSl9jsx68&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Originally posted by SirFubar
    If they are trying to sell me the game out of this "gameplay" video, they failed miserably. Camera switch every time we're about to see a character attacking another in 3rd person, no water effect when they are walking on it, no animation from the mage casting the fireball (tho this one can more positive than negative the more I think about it), the aiming look rather easy with no need to be precise (@16sec, you can see the crosshair not even on the target and the aim becomes red), we don't have a clue what the classes are on this video, same for the skills/spells. And yet, the game is about to be release very soon. As much as I would like this game to be good, I don't have any hope. At least not from what I've seen, read, heard so far.

Sorry bud they aren't trying to sell you anything here.  Either you already own the game and just have to resub for 10 bucks or you will have to wait until after release when everything has settled down to even have the option to buy the game.  By then there will be tons of gameplay videos available to watch.

Everyone here saying "I won't buy" because of this or that really needs their ego checked at the door.  YOU CANNOT BUY DF: UW either you already own it and just have to subscribe, OR you will have to wait until after release of the game, like several weeks after the release.

AV is a very small company there is no marketing department and they have no need for advertisement as there will only be two servers at launch and both are already going to be full.

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

zigzag around and bunny hop those guys have skillz

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    Originally posted by fat_taddler

That looked terrible.  

"I was just thinking about the times when I was most excited for a MMO game or expansion.   I think my top three are:

1: WoW: Wotlk

2: SWTOR

3: WoW: BC"

Need I say more?

I lol'd thank you.

My blog: image

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529
    Originally posted by BadSpock

All I kept thinking was -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bphc0bNX69I

Which was awesome as hell... in 2003.

DF is nothing like it.

This game has the best "sword" play i ever played. There is no match for those Star Wars games. I still play Jedi Academy multiplayer sometimes... its a shame no mmo ever tried to make a combat like that. 

• CallsignVegaCallsignVega Member UncommonPosts: 288

That looked terrible.  

"I was just thinking about the times when I was most excited for a MMO game or expansion.   I think my top three are:

Need I say more?

That is classic. Some WoW/SWTOR noob talking about what does and doesn't look terrible. 

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

the game has moved from morrowind player models with morrowind landscapes to morrowind player models wirth oblivion landscapes.

Least the graphics are moving the the right direction.

The trailer was otherwise pretty useless didnt really show anything else.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• KaminaxiusKaminaxius Member UncommonPosts: 104
    wow i love the new graphics the lightning system creates so much immersion, really awesome even though they didn't show off much real PVP
  • nileqnileq Member Posts: 476

That looked terrible.  

Need I say more?

lol, fat_taddler your out of your element here boy, you better go home now..

I have nothing clever to say.

• sindursindur Member UncommonPosts: 12
    i am afraid my hype went from 10 to 4 by seeing no first persion view on archery and mage!
  • naljejanaljeja Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by sindur
    i am afraid my hype went from 10 to 4 by seeing no first persion view on archery and mage!

too many people worry about this and doesn't understand that there is a 110% chance POV is switchable. If you want proof then go see the baresark video and then go see the warrior pov in the recent video and see for yourself

• Mr_CMr_C Member Posts: 112

That looked terrible.  

Need I say more?

So it's something wrong with everyone that doesnt like what you do?

Why else would you state that you have no need to say more.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Can't wait to give this title a shot at launch, probably stop playing after I max out a toon...looks like it will get old fast.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

What in those videos shown by AV justify this game as MMORPG ?  It has to be compared to FPS games and i am sure i have seen better FPS then this..

Black Ops II commercials looks more impressive ...

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

What in those videos shown by AV justify this game as MMORPG ?  It has to be compared to FPS games and i am sure i have seen better FPS then this..

Darth, get over the wipe already. It happened and there's nothing we can do about it. You've been doing nothing but crapping all over DF since you became aware that the wipe was inevitable. Turning into a dime a dozen DF troll doesn't become you. You're better than that, time to move forward.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• ZushakonZushakon Member UncommonPosts: 148

... the fuck? It's still much the same game as DF1 was, which was perhaps the most massive MMORPG out there, battles ranging up to thousands of players at a single siege, big seamless world, city building, crafting... all those things are still in the game, they don't have to showcase absolutely everything(albeit they could certainly put out more than they do) about the game.

Also, AV sucks at marketing, the BO II marketing divison probably has bigger budget than DF: UW has in total. 

Darkfall Unholy Wars:
    Zushakon Odi

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by Cecropia

Darth, get over the wipe already. It happened and there's nothing we can do about it. You've been doing nothing but crapping all over DF since you became aware that the wipe was inevitable. Turning into a dime a dozen DF troll doesn't become you. You're better than that, time to move forward.

Refer to my sig. I ll never forgive or forget a NGE ;)

All AV can accomplish now is for it to become a good combat game like it was back for $OE when they imposed NGE to us.

The risk to fail is big tho cause there are lots of good combat games around what is realy needed is a sandbox game with depth wich has good combat in it.  I know this is difficult but AV are quitters and gave up on this. We have to wait for the next attempts...

Edit : ground medieval theme sandbox game with depth and good combat ..sorry EvE

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by BadSpock

All I kept thinking was -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bphc0bNX69I

Which was awesome as hell... in 2003.

Hell yes

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by 123443211234

Sorry bud they aren't trying to sell you anything here.  Either you already own the game and just have to resub for 10 bucks or you will have to wait until after release when everything has settled down to even have the option to buy the game.  By then there will be tons of gameplay videos available to watch.

Everyone here saying "I won't buy" because of this or that really needs their ego checked at the door.  YOU CANNOT BUY DF: UW either you already own it and just have to subscribe, OR you will have to wait until after release of the game, like several weeks after the release.

AV is a very small company there is no marketing department and they have no need for advertisement as there will only be two servers at launch and both are already going to be full.

This the second time you tried to pass this lie in orange off.  I asked you for a link last time, and you told me to "STFU"  

"DF:UW" Will be availible for digital downlaod on Nov. 20th." unless launch is delayed

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by bcbully

"DF:UW" Will be availible for digital downlaod on Nov. 20th." unless launch is delayed

Do you think the client will just manifest itself onto the hard-drives of those CONFIRMED to be getting UW?

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5396790#5396790