Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] EverQuest II: Chains of Eternity Preview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Chains of Eternity is EverQuest II's ninth expansion and we recently had the opportunity to take a tour of some of the new content that players will discover when it launches. Check it out and then leave us your thoughts in the comments.

As we were waiting for the run through of Chains, we were told that long-time subscribers are being gifted with some terrific new veterans’ rewards in the form of a variety of potions, “unattuners” which will allow players to remove the account lock on items to resell or trade, and a new display case that will give players the ability to sell more items at the broker. 

Read more of Suzie Ford's EverQuest II: Chains of Eternity Preview.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252

Oh, Everquest 2, my love and my very annoying friend!

If it not was because of that I am missing 60-100 AA's (which will take me about a month to get, farming same dungeons, over and over again) and that the game is a FPS killer (even with a monster computer) and that Prosieben Sat1 is messing it up for EU players and don't have SOE All Acess (worst loss ever!)....I would get this expansion and play it with my heart! Sigh! :(

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Kanyl

If it not was because of that I am missing 60-100 AA's (which will take me about a month to get, farming same dungeons, over and over again) and that the game is a FPS killer (even with a monster computer) and that Prosieben Sat1 is messing it up for EU players and don't have SOE All Acess (worst loss ever!)....I would get this expansion and play it with my heart! Sigh! :(

Dont play this game anymore but thought I should point out that you get 2 boosts up to 280 AA (enough to level up past 90) with the expansion.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

If it not was because of that I am missing 60-100 AA's (which will take me about a month to get, farming same dungeons, over and over again)

The expansion includes an item that will bring 2 different lvl 90 characters up to 280 AAs

Also, any existing account can choose to stay with SoE, its only new accounts that will be with pss1 (or people that choose to switch over)
  • MontaronxMontaronx Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Wait? What??? Do we finally get to play old chars without gear locked? I uninstalled the moment i found out i was naked after the f2p transfer after 5 years of subscription. Can anyone confirm this news?

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

Originally posted by Montaronx
    Wait? What??? Do we finally get to play old chars without gear locked? I uninstalled the moment i found out i was naked after the f2p transfer after 5 years of subscription. Can anyone confirm this news?

no i believe what you are referring to are the 9 year vets rewards.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

Originally posted by Kenze

Originally posted by Montaronx

The vet reward items let you unattune soul bound gear to pass to alts, nothing to do with the f2p stuff.

They are removing the coin cap on f2p though.

Originally posted by strangiato2112
    Originally posted by Kenze   Originally posted by Montaronx Wait? What??? Do we finally get to play old chars without gear locked? I uninstalled the moment i found out i was naked after the f2p transfer after 5 years of subscription. Can anyone confirm this news?

The vet reward items let you unattune soul bound gear to pass to alts, nothing to do with the f2p stuff.

yep, you still have to unlock gear you had on previous to the f2p conversion in order to wear them again.
    And the ONLY reason they are removing coin cap is to allow F2Pers to be able to participate in their Krono scheme

—Lao-Tze

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

Originally posted by strangiato2112

Originally posted by Montaronx Wait? What??? Do we finally get to play old chars without gear locked? I uninstalled the moment i found out i was naked after the f2p transfer after 5 years of subscription. Can anyone confirm this news?

yep, you still have to unlock gear you had on previous to the f2p conversion in order to wear them again.
    And the ONLY reason they are removing coin cap is to allow F2Pers to be able to participate in their Krono scheme

It is confusing as Vanguard, I believe, they let you wear the gear you have on.  

I'm probably crazy for doing this but I just started up EQII for the first time.  The combat is tough to adjust to after playing TSW and GW2 all year but it appears to be an ok sacrfice for the amount of content available.  Will play Free until I near the lvl cap.  

Originally posted by Mardukk
    Originally posted by Kenze   Originally posted by strangiato2112 Originally posted by Kenze   Originally posted by Montaronx Wait? What??? Do we finally get to play old chars without gear locked? I uninstalled the moment i found out i was naked after the f2p transfer after 5 years of subscription. Can anyone confirm this news?
      The vet reward items let you unattune soul bound gear to pass to alts, nothing to do with the f2p stuff. They are removing the coin cap on f2p though.  
      yep, you still have to unlock gear you had on previous to the f2p conversion in order to wear them again. And the ONLY reason they are removing coin cap is to allow F2Pers to be able to participate in their Krono scheme
    It is confusing as Vanguard, I believe, they let you wear the gear you have on.  

I'm probably crazy for doing this but I just started up EQII for the first time.  The combat is tough to adjust to after playing TSW and GW2 all year but it appears to be an ok sacrfice for the amount of content available.  Will play Free until I near the lvl cap.  

they dont let you wear the equip you had on if it was not in the F2P tier. its unequiped and placed in your inventory bags. to reequip it you must resub or buy unlockers.

—Lao-Tze

• Flaming_MMOFlaming_MMO Member Posts: 137
    If they didnt remove the ability to purchase expansions with station cash, and  the ability to purchase a membership with station cash, I might have come back when they had triple station bonus cash last week.   As it stands, probably will never play again.

"Lastly, the level cap is being increased to ninety, something unheard of in EverQuest II"

The level cap was 90 in Sentinel's Fate, 2 expansions ago. Since then the cap got raised to 92 in the second half of Destiny of Velious, and now it is getting raised to 95.

Originally posted by evilastro
    "Lastly, the level cap is being increased to ninety, something unheard of in EverQuest II"The level cap was 90 in Sentinel's Fate, 2 expansions ago. Since then the cap got raised to 92 in the second half of Destiny of Velious, and now it is getting raised to 95.

unheard of!

—Lao-Tze

Originally posted by Flaming_MMO
    If they didnt remove the ability to purchase expansions with station cash, and  the ability to purchase a membership with station cash, I might have come back when they had triple station bonus cash last week.   As it stands, probably will never play again.

cant really fault them on this, 30 bucks for a year sub is a little insane.  

I think that they should pt expansions back on as station cash though, but inflate the SC price on them, make it something like 8000 SC.  A nice discount for those that buy a lot of 3x station cash but no so little that they cant profit.

"Lastly, the level cap is being increased to ninety, something unheard of in EverQuest II"

The level cap was 90 in Sentinel's Fate, 2 expansions ago. Since then the cap got raised to 92 in the second half of Destiny of Velious, and now it is getting raised to 95.

unheard of!

Yeah I laughed at this

• KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Originally posted by Kanyl

Dont play this game anymore but thought I should point out that you get 2 boosts up to 280 AA (enough to level up past 90) with the expansion.

Woah, really? That is awesome! Too bad that ever good game is getting released now in November. Might considering coming back, BUT again, All Acess is what I am missing. I am currently playing Vanguard, so All Acess would be perfect! Darnit! :(

unheard of!

To be fair, SF and DoV were so terrible this was largely unheard of since everyone stopped caring about EQ2.

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

I've got to admit the screenshots look great, I'm pretty impressed how they look in fact. If only they would work on the engine performance and update older zones I'd be interested in trying EQ2 again.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

Umm they have updated Freeport and were soon to update qeynos when I played last. I can only laugh at the people who complain they don't get everything for free if they cancel their subscription. Good thing they allow people  to keep their subscriptions and be able to obtain everything the game has to offer content wise.

I think EQ should have stay subscription only in all honesty. 

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291
    Since they are lifting the coin restriction, I am back into this game again!