Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlanetSide 2: Try Before You Buy

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Sony Online Entertainment has announced that PlanetSide 2 players will be able to try out weapons from the item store for a limited time. After the doubtless short trial, players can choose whether or not to purchase them after all. In addition, Matt Higby laid out some big changes coming to the game before launch.

The dev team is continuing to sprint to the finish line here on Planetside 2. With last week's patch we released our final launch continent, enhanced players ability to stick with their squad, added our twitch integration, fixed a ton of bugs and put in some big ticket optimizations.

This week's patch is going to be another huge one, with a lot of big changes to metagame, core gameplay, new items to unlock, updates to lots of areas of Indar, and of course tons of bug fixes and more optimizations! Are you excited yet?!

Read the full post on the PlanetSide 2 site.

Source: GameSpot.com

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Great news!  SOE listens to it's customers now!  The apocalypse is upon us, but at least we'll have some great games to play!
  • DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340

what I imagine is actually going to happen.

"this shotgun is just like the last one which was like the last one, I'm not buying this"

• ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    This game need only more engine optimization ...
  • PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

he says "this week" but anyone have a clear idea of when that will be?

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Having a blast! But yeah they could do more engine optimizations for sure. All in all SOE IS listening , so kudos for them!
  • ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

Its weird that SOE is doing what indie devs are doing,this aint path of pieces this is path of peace.

i allmost start to believe this stuff.

Let's internet

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    HOW Close is it to the original? Because that's possibly 3rd best mmo ever.
  • Arcondo87Arcondo87 Member Posts: 94
    i got into beta but i coudnt get into the game(gameplay wise)....had no direction....
  • AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Well there is a learning curve sure, this game does not hold your hand in regards to other mmos. It is similar to ps1 better graphics and better game play, more bases to cover and yes the jackhammer is still op lol
  • FlaebFlaeb Member Posts: 91
    Been playing this game since Alpha. It's one of the best MMO's Ive ever played, this is coming from a Planetside vet. However, you need this mind set -This IS NOT Planetside 1, I can't say " Well PS1 had this, why doesn.. " NO- Enjoy this newer game, I thought this game will fail. However, seeing all these updates, that makes the game more enjoyable, I will have faith that it will grow better and strong, the game CHANGES all the time. They will iron stuff out.
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Originally posted by Scellow

I agree, I find it plays like wet noodles.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290
    Originally posted by Betaguy

Well you the guy who dosen't want to play this game anyway...

Why bother posting?

Originally posted by morbuskabis
    I didn't like it at all... so many better massive online FPS games to play that are far superior then this.

What would that be?

Take your pick.... CoD franchise, Battlefield 3, CS: GO , they are all better games.  You can boast that PS2 has bigger battlefields but I say whatever, the game has rubberbanding issues, and I could run for long, long periods of time without seeing a single enemy. 

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Arcondo87
    i got into beta but i coudnt get into the game(gameplay wise)....had no direction....

what you mean?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    Originally posted by Arcondo87

what you mean?

Its a FPS, FPS have no direction appart from killing th other team and gaining points, PS2 has a more direction that that but not as much as a MMORPG, for example the direction in PS2 is to try and capture the continent for your empire.

Also progressing your character throught certs which there is a hell of alot of them.

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591

Well you the guy who dosen't want to play this game anyway...

Why bother posting?

I didn't like it at all... so many better massive online FPS games to play that are far superior then this.

What would that be?

Take your pick.... CoD franchise, Battlefield 3, CS: GO , they are all better games.  You can boast that PS2 has bigger battlefields but I say whatever, the game has rubberbanding issues, and I could run for long, long periods of time without seeing a single enemy. 

Those arnt Massive online FPS' anyway that you look at them, maybe old school battlefield when it was accualy a large battlefield with NPCs and Players was, but nowadays its just another type of CoD style combat. PS2 is accualy large battlegrounds with different groups fighting over different areas for control in the grand scheme of getting continetal control, the idea of a battlefield is so that its not super congested into constant firefighting like all the CoD games are so fond of, you have areas to tactically move around, so ambushes, and accualy play like like your in a war instead of a FPS arena.

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Flaeb
    Been playing this game since Alpha. It's one of the best MMO's Ive ever played, this is coming from a Planetside vet. However, you need this mind set -This IS NOT Planetside 1, I can't say " Well PS1 had this, why doesn.. " NO- Enjoy this newer game, I thought this game will fail. However, seeing all these updates, that makes the game more enjoyable, I will have faith that it will grow better and strong, the game CHANGES all the time. They will iron stuff out.

I'll go one better, while Planetside 1 might have a tonne of features that Planetside 2 doesnt have, there is one thing that Planetside 2 has that Planetside 1 does not, yes, this startlingly new and innovative feature will affect players in ways too numerous to recount, it is in fact, the cash shop, that ultra essential and ubiquitous feature that SOE have built the game around. Im sure that i, and many other ps1 vets will be rejoicing about this outstanding game feature, for days, no months, decades even, to come.  Or at least thats what $OE would like, sadly for $OE we got your number, and their not fooling anyone this time.image

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Morb
    Cod and bf are soul destroying shite console shooters

Csgo is fun but its not a mmo. Planetside is.
  • morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Morb
    Cod and bf are soul destroying shite console shooters

Csgo is fun but its not a mmo. Planetside is.

Im on the same boat as you.  I quoted Betaguy from a other forum.

Planetside 2 is my favorit MMOFPS. Its what Global Agenda should have been. I liked the freedom of class creation in PlandSide 1 more, but PS2 got lot of other features that make up for it.

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• TheWisemanTheWiseman Member Posts: 6
    I do love this game, Most of us who play it love it. That being said- the graphics are so high end, even on 'low' its still choppy for us guys on anything lower than a Radeon 6000 series. What id like to see (mabey even pay for) is a way to dumb the graphics down- like 'world of tanks' standard/improved graphics setting.