Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Champions Online: Reloaded Update Brings Vehicles Into the Game

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Champions Online players will definitely want to check out the latest update to the game. Called "Reloaded", the new patch brings the much requested vehicle system into CO. Players will be able to fully customize their vehicles much as they did when creating their heroes.

Vehicle powers and stat-boosts are completely freeform and customizable, set up by adding vehicle Modifications into slots. Higher-quality vehicle chasses will have more slots and come with better powers, but all vehicle upgrades can be freely mixed and matched.

Read more about the update on the Champions Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Be quite interesting to see, specialyl if the vehicals are meant for teams.
  • VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457
    The PvE group mission looks fun. I'll check this out for sure.

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

This is no longer the game it was, but the typical F2P korean grinder. I lost interest with the Perfect World change. Now, instead of adding the new area or new lairs that people have been asking for, they add... a new reason to grind and/or use the cash shop. Sorry, still not interested.

• VikaernesVikaernes Member UncommonPosts: 10
    These vehicles are a complete rip off. First of all, there is no way to obtain these items via gameplay. Even the lowest tier vehicles are gated behind the cash shop. What they don't tell you is, on top of this? The ones you buy outright in the cash shop are gimped. Higher performing vehicles are available through gambling lockboxes only.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Vikaernes
    These vehicles are a complete rip off. First of all, there is no way to obtain these items via gameplay. Even the lowest tier vehicles are gated behind the cash shop. What they don't tell you is, on top of this? The ones you buy outright in the cash shop are gimped. Higher performing vehicles are available through gambling lockboxes only.

wth ......PW fails

• gandalesgandales Member UncommonPosts: 472

False. You can play special missions to get Questionite. Then, via Questionite market you can get zen to buy in the cash shop. Not saying is extremely easy but I know silver players that have bought their freeform slot just by farming Questionite.

Originally posted by gandales

False. You can play special missions to get Questionite. Then, via Questionite market you can get zen to buy in the cash shop. Not saying is extremely easy but I know silver players that have bought their freeform slot just by farming Questionite.

How does that make what I have said false? You're still grinding for months on end (and, by the way completely slave to the trade exchange, which is completely tanked in favor of zen to Q exchange thanks to lockbox keys) for a vehicle you have to buy in the cash shop no matter how you get the zen to do it,  with no visual customization, and inferior to the ones contained in lockboxes. This is a poorly implemented system which further illustrates that subscribing to this game gains you next to nothing.

How does that make what I have said false? You're still grinding for months on end (and, by the way completely slave to the trade exchange, which is completely tanked in favor of zen to Q exchange thanks to lockbox keys) for a vehicle you have to buy in the cash shop no matter how you get the zen to do it,  with no visual customization, and inferior to the ones contained in lockboxes. This is a poorly implemented system which further illustrates that subscribing to this game gains you next to nothing.

I highlighted it in red. You wrote that there was no way to get it via gameplay, if not false, your statement is inaccurate at the best. If you phrased like it is pretty hard or long to get vehicles without spending real money, then you have a valid claim.  Not many f2p games has that kind of exchange market that allows players to basically buying stuff at the cash shop with money obtained indirectly in the game.

That the key/lockboxes is a pretty greedy move, I agree. However, I have to call things as I see them.

• purewitzpurewitz Member UncommonPosts: 489
    Even with vehicles, DC Universe Online is still a better super hero mmo than Champions.

When we get back from where we are going, we will return to where we were. I know people there!

I highlighted it in red. You wrote that there was no way to get it via gameplay, if not false, your statement is inaccurate at the best. If you phrased like it is pretty hard or long to get vehicles without spending real money, then you have a valid claim.  Not many f2p games has that kind of exchange market that allows players to basically buying stuff at the cash shop with money obtained indirectly in the game.

That the key/lockboxes is a pretty greedy move, I agree. However, I have to call things as I see them.

Splitting hairs, I think by now most people understand what "obtained via gameplay" means. But I will reword it: "These items do not exist as in game drops." Not for free players, not for subscribers, not for lifetime members.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Splitting hairs, I think by now most people understand what "obtained via gameplay" means. But I will reword it: "These items do not exist as in game drops." Not for free players, not for subscribers, not for lifetime members.

You mean, even subscribers have to go through the cs to get these?  Wow.

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

welcome to the perfect world

• Grand_NagusGrand_Nagus Member UncommonPosts: 335

Subs get a stipend, so they can save that up to buy whatever they want.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by Grand_Nagus

Subs get a stipend, so they can save that up to buy whatever they want.

Still to have the centerpiece of a content update only available through the cs for subscribers is...I don't know, words are failing me on this one.

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    The specs of the vehicles is irrelevant considering that unless the devs dramatically increase the size of the maps, the vehicles will be useless.
  • SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Do you still have to spam the block button every 5 seconds?  That is the omly reason I quit, at like level 10 or so...

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Souldrainer
    Do you still have to spam the block button every 5 seconds?  That is the omly reason I quit, at like level 10 or so...

You don't have to spam it, not at all. You can keep it held down if you like :) (just kidding, I'm not sure, haven't played since the anniversary)

normaly, you don't have to block unless you are getting a heavy attack(check the head of the enemy for clue if he is about to drop a special attack). Even the squishiest character can play easily at those levels. Actually, for most of my characters, if the enemy is not a master villain or higher I would start blocking after getting lvl 30. 

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

normaly, you don't have to block unless you are getting a heavy attack(check the head of the enemy for clue if he is about to drop a special attack). Even the squishiest character can play easily at those levels. Actually, for most of my characters, if the enemy is not a master villain or higher I would start blocking after getting lvl 30. 

Right after character customization, combat is, in my opinion, one of the strongest points of this game. As I said, I left the game becouse it has been "koreanized" and I am not interested in that type of games, but I have to be honest and say that my gold healer in that game is probably the healer I have found most fun to play. Same for my gold ranged tank. Combat is fast, reactive and very dynamic. The flaws of the game are there, but combat is defo not one of them.

Originally posted by gordiflu

Right after character customization, combat is, in my opinion, one of the strongest points of this game. As I said, I left the game becouse it has been "koreanized" and I am not interested in that type of games, but I have to be honest and say that my gold healer in that game is probably the healer I have found most fun to play. Same for my gold ranged tank. Combat is fast, reactive and very dynamic. The flaws of the game are there, but combat is defo not one of them.

I agree with you. I am still playing and having fun. However, they need to push more content more often. New vehicles look very nice, but it is a pain to get them.