Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are we really falling for this again?!

Comments

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759

As more and more information comes out about Elder Scrolls Online I am looking forward to it more. I know that being an MMO there will be concepts and play styles that will be slightly different from a single player RPG. As a huge fan of the whole Elder Scrolls Series I am not at all disappointed in what I have read or seen of the MMO.

So many people gripe about everything I just filter them out and focus on what I can find information wise about a game. Some kiddies need to grow up and get out of those soiled diapers, stop the whining over a game that hasn't released much information yet.

GW2 is a great game. It is a different play style than the WoW clones and is a welcome friend to the MMO world. I only played TOR in beta, but I am not one to play Sci-Fi type games for long so I had no interest in the game.

What would be nice to see on these forums is more constructive criticism than these traditional "whine fests".  

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I'm not. image

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Of course not like we learn...Every game is the best because the dev said so, it will have the best combat ever because some dev said so, it will revoluationize Pve because some dev said so, Everyone will believe the hype not listen to anything anyone else says, MMORPG will ban people that don't comform, the game will last 2 wks and people will be WTF thsi isn't what you said it would be.

10yrs this has never changed, makes you wonder!

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by Thorbrand

Of course not like we learn...Every game is the best because the dev said so, it will have the best combat ever because some dev said so, it will revoluationize Pve because some dev said so, Everyone will believe the hype not listen to anything anyone else says, MMORPG will ban people that don't comform, the game will last 2 wks and people will be WTF thsi isn't what you said it would be.

There's a reason why folks are still loving Dark Age of Camelot's RvR - the game is dated as heck - but man, I'll take their graphically challenged world any day over the past years of low immersion, low I.Q., so called mmo games.

Thankfully, ESO is the first title to finally rise to Dark Age's concepts, and not some other same race class pvp video game where I feel like I have to place a quarter in the coin slot to continue.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Comaf

There's a reason why folks are still loving Dark Age of Camelot's RvR - the game is dated as heck - but man, I'll take their graphically challenged world any day over the past years of low immersion, low I.Q., so called mmo games.

Thankfully, ESO is the first title to finally rise to Dark Age's concepts, and not some other same race class pvp video game where I feel like I have to place a quarter in the coin slot to continue.

Wait now I watched the video and in the beginning it seems like they are going to follow DAOC comcept but at the end it sounds like it is the GW2 WvW comcept. Which is it going to be?

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Comaf
    Planetside was the first game to "get" daoc. Hopefully planetside 2 will be the same. As a daoc fan I have more hope for planetside 2 delivering as its a fully persistent world and doesn't feature all this instancing and phasing nonsense.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Thor
    WvW is the "dont frighten the horses" version of daoc / planetside.
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Comaf

I've heard no words that give me any reason to believe they understand DAoC. DAoC didn't having phasing and instancing, but TESO will.

And anyone stop to think how in the holy hell RvR will work when there is ONLY ONE SERVER? Will people never be able to switch realms? Will there be a dozen mirror shards of the frontier, essentially making the frontier trivial and useless?

This'll be more like WoW and WAR than DAoC, mark my words.

• NonderyonNonderyon Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by Loke666

My interest for ESO died when the lead designer said that all good ideas for MMOs had already been done a while back.

If I am hyped for future MMOs it is for Class 4 and World of darkness online.

Then again, I might try the beta with no real expectations, sometimes a game can surprise me.

I dont say, my interes in TESO died, still take tuned about it, but my first impression is little let down.. what i liked in TES the first persone view(feel that you are your character), i dont say TPS view is bad, but dont feel the same...(mixing the both view in one game is a mistake, one of the view always looks crappy in fight like you hit the air and still make dmg).

(i am concernd in WOD too, hope our wait is worth it)

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Are we really falling for this again?!

Don't know, you're getting the rage all warmed up already, so it seems to be?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

I've heard no words that give me any reason to believe they understand DAoC. DAoC didn't having phasing and instancing, but TESO will.

And anyone stop to think how in the holy hell RvR will work when there is ONLY ONE SERVER? Will people never be able to switch realms? Will there be a dozen mirror shards of the frontier, essentially making the frontier trivial and useless?

This'll be more like WoW and WAR than DAoC, mark my words.

They have explained how rvr works, when you enter cyrodil you (and your guild) get assigned to a campaign which you are locked into, you can guest into a friends campaign but with limitations, also if you roll an alt on a different faction you are locked out of the campaign your main (and mains guild) is on to prevent cheating

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by jiveturkey12

A new flashy trailer comes out and everyone is ready to give their bodies to Zenimax as tribute to their greatness (in Marketing!)

Seriously, does anyone remember SWTOR still? I know weve tried to put the image in the back of our head and really repress all those terrible memories *snappage*

First of all I should say "Oh it's this guy again hating on TESO, nothing to see here" but... SWTOR was great fun for about 3 months for me, the personal stories are very much fun and I'm going to dig deeper on some other classes too, come F2P.

Yeah, it didnt live up to be a good mmorpg, but I got my moneys worth and had fun for the longest time on a single game since the golden vanilla days of WoW. What ever TESO is going to be on a long run, I dont really even care at this point, if it's good for a month, then well done Zenimax! Sure I hope it would have longevity, but it's irrilevant at this point, I would buy the game regardless if I knew in advance that I will only play it for one month but I will have a lot of fun for that one month.

So no, I'm not falling for anything even if I play it only for one month, but I sure do hope it has some longevity and all that mmo cream. You need to stop making it sound like it's the end of the world, the game looks actually very nice from the little we know.

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    I'm not falling for anything. I've got my eye on TESO, but they'll get none of my money until I can actually try the game and decide if it's worthy of my time and money.
  • KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by jiveturkey12

Exhibit A

And that's what the game has. Only misleading part might be the "a galaxy full of..." since the planets really are just simply zones, and Ilum wasnt mentioned on it. But really, if you get dissapointed after a video like that, blame your brain for receiving on too high frequency.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by Karteli

Who exactly do you mean by "you people?" :p

After SWTOR and GW2 failed* I am far less persuaded by anyone, even 1 person, saying this game is fun!, without me seeing it firsthand.

SWTOR tought me never again to preorder games.

GW2 tought me never to buy any game linked to a casual fanbase.

Another I could never have forseen,

WoW Cataclysm tought me never to buy Activision-Blizzard products.

TESO tought me __________ . This blank reserved for the final relase :P  I'll try to get in beta though, or just wait awhile to see the reaction.  I am not impressed so far, but that may change.  My expectations are with Titan .. low.  Very low.  Best to keep them there (it can only go up).

legend:

*perceived failure

Basically, if it isn't a sandbox and you show interest in it, then you are falling for "it" again.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

The fault lies with the person who gets so wrapped up in the apparent virtues of an upcoming title that his emotional well-being seems to depend on its success both before and after release. That sounds like a form of addictive mental illness to me.

The rest of us take notice of what's coming, read about it, ask questions and when it gets released we try it. Then we either stick with it if we're having fun or move on if we're not.

It's a game. It's not a life changing experience. It's that simple.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• DrogenDrogen Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Wow, first it can't be that serious and secondly this is all extremeley subjective. I personally really enjoyed my time with SWTOR and played it almost everyday up until 2 months ago. I got my money's worth and if they had given content at the rate I feel they insinuated they would then I'd still be playing. As for GW2 I am playing that and having a blast with it. I'm pretty sure that other people are using some rational thought here and keeping interested, but not blowing it out of proportion. I never expected SWTOR or GW2 to be the next EQ, DAOC, or WoW. Take the game for what it is as information comes out and if someone isn't interested then they won't 't play it. If they are then they'll buy it. Either way most of us won't make large rants about what other people are enjoying or excited about.
  • sirachmansirachman Member Posts: 8

Hell no I am not. Keep your theme park bullshit mmos, your repetitive gear raids, and your battleground pvp.

Call me when the sandbox is full. I'm ready

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531
       Elder scrolls online , I'll be somewhat hype when or IF it ever releases , until then I'll keep enjoying the games I currently play thank you very much.     
  • AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    I'd be suprised that most people are falling for TESO, most people I've seen has said TESO will be another swtor flop.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by Loke666

My interest for ESO died when the lead designer said that all good ideas for MMOs had already been done a while back...

I stopped following this game the moment I read that comment by Matt Firor. This type of person is literally the last thing that this unhealthy and stagnated genre needs.

Hopeless only begins to describe the situation with this title.  

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• StanlyStankoStanlyStanko Member UncommonPosts: 270
    Oh yes. They will fall.
  • Kingmob23Kingmob23 Member UncommonPosts: 78
    I enjoyed both TSW and SWTOR.  TESO looks fun to me. Did not play FF14 but I've played every other major mmo released these last few years and the only one I played that I didn't get my moneys worth  was GW2. If I get a solid 3 months out of TESO like I did SWTOR it will be money well spent.
  • ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676
    Originally posted by Karteli

Who exactly do you mean by "you people?" :p

After SWTOR and GW2 failed* I am far less persuaded by anyone, even 1 person, saying this game is fun!, without me seeing it firsthand.

SWTOR tought me never again to preorder games.

GW2 tought me never to buy any game linked to a casual fanbase.

Another I could never have forseen,

WoW Cataclysm tought me never to buy Activision-Blizzard products.

TESO tought me __________ . This blank reserved for the final relase :P  I'll try to get in beta though, or just wait awhile to see the reaction.  I am not impressed so far, but that may change.  My expectations are with Titan .. low.  Very low.  Best to keep them there (it can only go up).

legend:

*perceived failure

I agree 

Besides teso does not need to teach you anything.

It will be late on release full of bugs,unoptimized,90% of the game missing,no replayability,boring after first run,bad team play etc, oh and money hungry.

Thats the way games comes out nowdays.

Everyone should stop hoping about games and better start hoping saving your self from this crapiness

end of story

• SankarshanSankarshan Member Posts: 2
    LOL @ all the drama! people, may i remind you FFS that its just a game, like any other game, and its only gonna cost 60$ to buy and 15$ for a month, why are you making such a fuss over hype or overhype or whatever... people will buy this game, and if it will be good they gona keep playing, if it gonna suck they gonna move on.. lol @ forum people who constanty trying to find some stupid reason to talk about or to troll. Maybe instead of being such a drama queen try to ignore and keep it to yourself??  we got one cool looking trailer of the game, and suddenly you get out of nowhere topics that blows my mind for how stupid they are.