Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Snorlax's tailwhip hits for 335 damage! (107 overkill!)

NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222

I've never played the original DF, but I have done my tiny bittsy fair share of research.

- AV did not directly cater to the masses

- AV wasn't known for being very communicative (compared to other companies and consumer expectations)

These two factors are very broad and many examples within can further narrow it down to how they see it fit to run their progression. I have this ugly feeling inside my belly that they might want to hold off on sales to new players before launch. One of the reasons could be to discover how many vets that are actually returning vs server capacity (as there are only one server in each region). Even in the original launch sales were shut off for some period of time (months), some due to technical issues, but still something worth noticing. The past is the past, game systems have changed, while the company seemes to remain status quo.

I have been secretly happy about the launch that is closing the distance, while this feeling inside me keeps on growing. Anyone given any thoughts about this?

Comments

• naljejanaljeja Member Posts: 94
    It is much better to have a soft launch with increasing and steady population than an opposite, which DF 1 suffered from. If this is the fact, it will only be of positive effect in the long run, even though servers will be crowded at launch regardless. It's the right thing
  • RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

All i cant say is, it still wont cater to the mass. No matter what you saw or heard, it wont be so different from what DF 1.0 was. 

The real difference is the removal of the insane grind and class base. Thats it. Anyone who left because they lost their items when they die or left for anything, but the horrible grind and the lack of class or difference between each players, they will leave again for the same reasons.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222
    Originally posted by Realbigdeal

All i cant say is, it still wont cater to the mass. No matter what you saw or heard, it wont be so different from what DF 1.0 was. 

The real difference is the removal of the insane grind and class base. Thats it. Anyone who left because they lost their items when they die or left for anything, but the horrible grind and the lack of class or difference between each players, they will leave again for the same reasons.

There are many more changes than just grind removal and class roles.. to name a few: pvp safe zones which would make it more friendly for newcomers, new GUI / 3rd person that looks (to me as a newcomer) more appealing than the old, most likely removal of scripts/ gameplay changes.

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742
    Originally posted by nacario
    Originally posted by Realbigdeal

There are many more changes than just grind removal and class roles.. to name a few: pvp safe zones which would make it more friendly for newcomers, new GUI / 3rd person that looks (to me as a newcomer) more appealing than the old, most likely removal of scripts/ gameplay changes.

My problems with Darkfall last launch was the grind, the GUI, slow travel and the running animation.

It`s not crucial to start the first month this time. AV have removed the grind, so you wont be a low level player for a year. They have also made a new GUI, so hopefully we wont need third party programs to play. There is also rumors there will be wilderness portals, so travel will be a bit faster. The running animation still sucks though.

Not all old players will return, so I don`t think there will be a problem buying the game for new players. There might be some queue to log in, or atleast I hope there will be. Darkfall with a lot of players is just awesome.

• myrmxmyrmx Member Posts: 93

i left because the game was probably more in term to an arena than a mmorpg , while i loved running around ganking people and sieging i couldn't fathom the lack of pve experience worth our time.... I tried pve again and last month and while it is 100 time better i still feel like it has been left out completely . It's a shame really because these floating island with dungeons and citadel were the most awsome time i had spent doing pve with a guild in years.... too bad you could acquire more wealth just bugging ghost  and various high level mob in tree and water .

i did not have time to test the water tower experience. i will probably try DW UH but not on the first month... the fear of being burned again is too high.