Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SV to beg for more money part 2

Comments

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by YojimboBimbo

you hit the nail on the head, anything donated will be a drop in the bucket and SV or anyone else would be kidding themselves if they think this will help.  I doubt these funds would be enough to hire on a dev so I just can't understand where the money would go or how it would speed development in any way. 

They have to be low sub wise, I just can't see them holding that many active accounts.  I'd easily say no greater then 500 if even that.  

Correct- But not only will it not speed up development- It will slow it down.

Remember all the "cannot update because we are busy working" comments- (as if taking three seconds to update would hinder their work)? Well, if updating a forum would have slowed develpoment, what will making some new items (for peope who donate) updating the website to add the donations feature, etc, do?

Again- "dear community we cannot update you on progress for the last four months because we are hard at work.."

Now- "Dear community, we are going to add a bunch of shit and it wont slow down progress"

=/

-Confused....

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Shrug.. to be honest, who cares at this point. Whatever they think will help them, DFUW is just around the corner at this point and hopefully will be less of a broken arena the original game was. I am checking it out for sure.
  • YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    I personally care, my disdain for SV is strong after my dealings with them and I won't stop getting the word out. Seen some shady stuff do down.

Regarding DF, let's hope aven doesn't screw it up. They have a good chance at snatching up some subs if they put out an awesome game.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    im intrigued to know at what point in your time playing MO did your opinion of SV turn to distain?

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Originally posted by deathshroud
    im intrigued to know at what point in your time playing MO did your opinion of SV turn to distain?

Me?

Hmmmmm- Somewhere between Blatant lie #53,457 and #72,698.... Granted, the 20,000 (or so) lies between those two points came within probably a three Month span of time- So actually pinpointing which Lie is a rough one.

However, I would  be glad to discuss this in another thread- In fact, might be fun to try and collect all the lies and scam moves in one place- This is just another scam move in a very long list.

-But THIS thread is to try and talk about the latest SV scam- "Donations" and I would hate to see it derailed into an attemopt at pinpointing which SV lie/scam/rip off has turned "Our opinion into disdain"- Since the amount of things they have done which have been underhanded and shady would take a hell of a lot of Internetz- Far more Internetz than we currently have here. =P

It's "disdain" and not to be rude, but I don't feel particularly inclined to provide you the specifics in this thread. It was a multitude of things and i started to notice fairly early, though I stuck around for some time hoping for the best.

I think Phil said it best above.

• FastSlothFastSloth Member Posts: 132

Hi guys.

Well I'm getting kind of tired writing about how shit MO is, but MO is not yet getting tired of becoming even shittier. So I'd like to say:

Oh my god.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/donations-opened.80518/

"When you donate to Mortal Online's development, you're helping us reach for the game's incredible potential in many ways. When you purchased Mortal Online and paid subscription fees we only receive a small fraction of that income Q.Q; however, with donations 100% of all funds go directly into Mortal Online's continued development!

At the end of each month, that month's top donor will get a one on one interview with Henrik to get your questions answered. These will be posted for all to see."

"Hurrrr it wasn't SV's idea"

They.. actually.. implemented a donate 1,000 $ button.  Why not a donate 10,000 $ button and the winner gets to lick Henrik's balls?

Hi Henrik. I know you're reading this and I bet you laughed because it's true.

Now go go go. Support the game's INCREDIBLE POTENTIAL

• w4ffl3w4ffl3 Member Posts: 36
    Wow, it's nice that they post the highest donors.  Then we can see in real-time, just how little money they get... I'm willing to bet they get maybe a couple people donating $250.... which means the whole campaign might net them $1000-2000 total.... or enough to last about a day, given their current spending rates.
    Lol @ the responses. The MO community is as daft as the developers it seems. Still making posts requesting features that were supposed to be in two years ago and bad support and they donate cash.
  • HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

"The largest monthly donor will receive an exclusive Q&A with Henrik"  LMAO  (pants are optional)

Simply pathetic

• MeGaTronPowerMeGaTronPower Member Posts: 80
    looks liek starvault foudn anew way to rip players off. Lol
    Paratus pulling in the bronze for November, doesn't having Starvault employees "donate" negate the whole thing?
    Originally posted by MeGaTronPower
    looks liek starvault foudn anew way to rip players off. Lol

If they only put this much effort into the game. image

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I am half tempted to donate just out of the sheer value the MO soap opera gives me.

This is the game that keeps giving image

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Ha, didn't take them much time to get rewards for that in, comparing to vet rewards.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    i bleeive vet rewards are in also, cloaks for long service.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300
    Originally posted by deathshroud
    i bleeive vet rewards are in also, cloaks for long service.

Whos going to ressub to get cloaks or any other fluff in a non functional game as Mortal?

• CroniteLoreCroniteLore Member Posts: 99

Well there is no such thing as bad publicity - so hope this thread is driving ppl to take a look at MO.

Regardless of what ppl say if you post here it si driving news about MO!! Funny, yeah?

You should take a fresh look without bias. If you canz

"In MO, even the haters are hardcore!" - ltank

LOL- Customer service is fantastic (concernning donations)- Hell, Henrick and every other Red name is posting immediate help for anyone having trouble with pay pal.

Funny you cannot get a GM in game to get you unstuck, can hardly get any quaestions answeed- But Damn, SV can delete posts in a heartbeat and apparently help people figure out issues with Pay Pal with HASTE. HASTE Baby!!!!

Customer Service is TOP fucking NOTCH when folks are trying to donate. lolz.

Originally posted by CroniteLore

Well there is no such thing as bad publicity - so hope this thread is driving ppl to take a look at MO.

Regardless of what ppl say if you post here it si driving news about MO!! Funny, yeah?

You should take a fresh look without bias. If you canz

Hows that working out for you- This was one of the most active sub forums around for awhile.... But sure, glad to help SV with some publicity. =D

Originally posted by CroniteLore

LOL I bet.

Anyone else finding it lulzworthy that they can't even get a fucking donation button to work?

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

SV doesnt really know how to properly run a game, and they dont even have the heart to improve the game for their community.

Im totally OK with donations on F2P games. If i happen to pay a subscription and they ask me to donate as well..... i think i would ask them to share the weed with me. Those donations are just another way to call cash shop on a sub based game that is failing because of the developers being [add word here]....

just shut down the game or sell the licence to a more capable and serious company.

The sad thing is they couldn't update the site for awakening, but they got that donate button up and running! Such a joke of a company.
    Originally posted by YojimboBimbo
    The sad thing is they couldn't update the site for awakening, but they got that donate button up and running! Such a joke of a company.

LOL- They couldnt even be bothered to write a EULA and stole CCPs. Remember when the EULA said you would be banned from EVE Online and CCP issued that funny ass responce. =)

Too lazy to even change the name of the game when they commit copyright infringment- For over a year. LOLOLOLOLOL