Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nice to see interest in Mortal starting to pick up

I think this board has a huge contribution to make to the MMO genre.

Without sites like mmorpg.com lots of ppl would be playing sad humm drumm cookie cutter MMO's like Wow.

So, even if ppl disagree (and that's fine) the more we all talk about Mortal Online, and Star Vault the more people will take a look.

As with the recent elections, people have been told what to think but they made up their own minds and that's alesson to all.

Take a good, careful, look here, digest what the good andgreat are saying.  But as free-thinkin human beings - go make up your won mind. Don't be lead like a bunch of sheep.

Thanks to everyone here for keeping the Mortal Online topic fresh and and posting frequently!!   You're all doing a great job for the industry! 

You're all doing a service to Sandbox MMO's in general - so well done everyone!! MMO's are the new and future entertainment mode. Everyone here is doing a great job of keeping Mortal at the top of the page.  They deserve it - after several years, SV are carrying on despite what some of the crystal ballers here say. 

Love it or hate it you're all helping to make ppl take a look!!  Well done All of you - I really mean that - thankyou very much!!

We're allowed to disagree and have our opinions and that's what's great about a board like this.  Viva mmorpg.com!!!!

"In MO, even the haters are hardcore!" - ltank

Comments

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

You are very welcome.

Talking about Mortal has given great entertainment to many people. In fact, having been lied to and ripped off by the shady and underhanded tactics of SV I feel I have gotten more than my moneys worth discussing their shady activities and failure at everything for the last couple years.

It gets better and better.

I feared this had all come to an end until the publicly traded for profit corporation began begging for donations- That shit has renewed the lulz.

Keep em coming as we love the discussion.

/salute

• FastSlothFastSloth Member Posts: 132

Fail concern troll is fail, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to keep laughing at SV's misery.

(Btw which GM are you? I'm Discord/Athanas/Gradius)

• CroniteLoreCroniteLore Member Posts: 99

You are so right!! There is lots of popcorn to be consumed here!!

We all agree that sandbox MMO is the way forward - be it Mortal or DF or whatever comes along!

We can all agree to disagree about wether SV can do a good job or not.. But when you look at the general quality of many MMO's out there - it's true to say that for good or bad Mortal is a differnet and unique proposition however flawed..

I'm not sure about the shady deals: Maybe you know more about it than I do. But after spending many (many, many, many)  hours looking for something different - we can all agree that MO is that indeed.

Many thanks for the support - either way.  It's is all grist to the mill.

Originally posted by FastSloth

So which GM are you?

Fail concern troll is fail, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to keep laughing at SV's misery.

-I want to really see interest pick up and folks who have never heard of it give the "free trial" a go and come back to report the results.

I want this forum booming again- I miss this place.

I want people who have no clue the abomanation and utter rip off this game is to go back through these threads and read about the Millions of lies, deception and just plain stupid shit which SV has said and done in the past.

We had "Dawn" , we had "Awakening" and then its all went to sleep- Its time for MO THE RESSURECTION (with donations) lolz.

ouch - bit paranoid aren't ya ?   I have no axe to grind.  Just think this board is pretty cool.  Free speech 'n all.

We're all allowed to have an opinion.  I didn't point any fingers at you at all.  This is a cool site. We're all allowed to flame of love any MMO we like. 

MO is cool but so is WarZ and DF too.  We should all be supporting these tiny indie companies.  Many do wrong but it's better than star trek online (a gutting experience for me).

S'all cool guys - no offence!!!

Originally posted by CroniteLore
    ouch - bit paranoid aren't ya ?

No- Its happened before a few times.

If you arent aware of the shit they pulled, go back through some old threads here and start reading. Truth is stranger than fiction.

He isnt paranoid he just remembers it happening before.

EDIT: Not that I think you are a GM- They are too busy right now helping people use pay pal so donations can "pour in" and certainly dont have the time to come here-

• wireded21wireded21 Member UncommonPosts: 131

I'm going to starting a free trial this weekend. Have been wanting to give it a go for a while. Ex DF player so will report back with my feedback after the trial.

Originally posted by SaintPhilip

-I want to really see interest pick up and folks who have never heard of it give the "free trial" a go and come back to report the results.

I want people who have no clue the abomanation and utter rip off this game is to go back through these threads and read about the Millions of lies, deception and just plain stupid shit which SV has said and done in the past.

We had "Dawn" , we had "Awakening" and then its all went to sleep- Its time for MO THE RESSURECTION (with donations) lolz.

I don't know, man. I just don't know anymore.
    Discussing MO at this point is like raping a long-dead hooker who accidently committed suicide with bad crack. And her life wasn't easy even before that.

She was the worst in class, her father was a psycho, her mommy got drunk, all the other kids laughed at her. That kind of life.

Personally being playing XCOM for the last few weeks  - such a blast from the 1994 original!!

Interested in the Vet reward stuff and might even sub again.

The point I was trying to make is that as a community we should be open-minded to any sandbox out there! even with a ropey history.

Discussing MO at this point is like raping a long-dead hooker who accidently committed suicide with bad crack. And her life wasn't easy even before that.

She was the worst in class, her father was a psycho, her mommy got drunk, all the other kids laughed at her. That kind of life.

Dude!! Eveen hookers settle down eventually!!!

I said she's dead. Like MO. See, that's what the analogy was essentially based on. Except MO was a stillbirth. It never even got to failing school or smoking crack. Unlike certain devs.

Also (and maybe I am ignorant) but they don't seem *that* bad!  They still going after several years n all despite the predictions.

They not gone out of business, new patch looks ok - far from the cluster fuck reported.

Who knows?  But best to give it a chance, yeah?

I'll make up my own mind if that'sok wid you all.

Personally being playing XCOM for the last few weeks  - such a blast from the 1994 original!!

The point I was trying to make is that as a community we should be open-minded to any sandbox out there! even with a ropey history.

We should be interesting in letting lying, shady, rip off, no talent CORPORATIONS fail... Otherwise we will get others doing the same. Promising a fantastic feature set, hyping like hell, ripping people off (literally) double billing, scandaleous ass motherfuckers release non working games sold on promises.

You want more "CEO's" like Henrick? games like MO (which is a sandbox with no sand) then show other con men that people will pay out their asses for nothing but hype and then donate more on top of it.

I said she's dead. Like MO. See, that's what the analogy was essentially based on.

She's dead Jim!!! l

We should be interesting in letting lying, shady, rip off, no talent CORPORATIONS fail... Otherwise we will get others doing the same. Promising a fantastic feature set, hyping like hell, ripping people off (literally) double billing, scandaleous ass motherfuckers release non working games sold on promises.

You want more "CEO's" like Henrick? games like MO (which is a sandbox with no sand) then show other con men that people will pay out their asses for nothing but hype and then donate more on top of it.

I though there were just a few of them - hardly a CORPORATION!!

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

We should all be supporting these tiny indie companies.  

Indeed we should all be supporting these tiny indie companies... but, only the tiny indie companies who actually want their game to succeed thanks to great developers who can keep a great community by being loyal to them, not by asking for more money when they already charge them to play the game.... 

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

I Purchased Mortal Online years ago and gave it a try, the game was a failure on release.

Until they make the game Free 2 Play, or offer a trial back on my original account I will not be returning or trying their game again.

Also I will not forget about the GM Corruption I saw posted about Mortal Online, and all the MultiHacks avalable for this game its just not fun at least when I tried the game.

EitherWay DarkFall + DarkFall 2.0 is newly released polished and looks way better anyways only playing it will tell for me however.

I though there were just a few of them - hardly a CORPORATION!!

Ummm- Its a publicly traded corporation selling stock on the stock market- Not even an LLC but a real CORPORATION. A Corporation sells stock to the public. SV is a CORPORATION regardless of the fact they have laid all its staff off but 3 paid employees and volenteers.

EDIT: That is why by law they are obligated to make their finances public- Thats how we know they have ran in the red for years- Because...They...Are...A... CORPORATION.

Oh and who else is doing anything like this?  Nice that you;re all bastions and protecting the sandbox community - from the evils of StartVault!

I love sandbox - I just see shit all of it about these days.

Originally posted by OG_Zorvan

And that right there is why you'll keep getting these shady wannabe devs like Henrik making games and making it harder for peope to take sandboxes seriously. Keeping an open mind for games is one thing. Ignoring a "developers" longstanding history is another.

You should be closing off the shady "devs" so there's room for the real ones.

What other games you thinkin' of - name 'em please?  because sandbox MMO's are  bit like rockin' horse shit these days. Feels like we're killin an endangroud speicies! I;d rather apoor sandbox MMO than a perfect theme-park! 

Anyway - off for some beauty sleep - thanks Guys for keeping the debate alive!! 

Oh and who else is doing anything like this?  Nice that you;re all bastions and protecting the sandbox community - from the evils of StartVault!

What is SV "doing"- This isnt a sandbox bro- This is a hype train.

Features from 2 years ago still are not in , are turned off or do not work. I can SAY anything and I guess dumb people will give me money because they like what they hear.

What is SV "doing"- This isnt a sandbox bro- This is a hype train.

Features from 2 years ago still are not in , are turned off or do not work. I can SAY anything and I guess dumb people will give me money because they like what they hear.

Yeah - seems so - maybe you right,  shame if you are tho, no?

And that right there is why you'll keep getting these shady wannabe devs like Henrik making games and making it harder for peope to take sandboxes seriously. Keeping an open mind for games is one thing. Ignoring a "developers" longstanding history is another.

What other games you thinkin' of - name 'em please?  because sandbox MMO's are  bit like rockin' horse shit these days. Feels like we're killin an endangroud speicies! I;d rather apoor sandbox MMO than a perfect theme-park! 

...Need MOAR Fanbois.

I want to keep the converation alive as well. Have not got much going on this weekend.

...Need MOAR Fanbois.

I want to keep the converation alive as well. Have not got much going on this weekend.

Hey I bitch at SV as much as the rest of you - Mo is flawed and needs much love.  Their AI is hardly that innovative, graphics nice but not ground-breaking, Guild-war stuff ok but not industry leading,  Howwver it's not the pil 'o shite you;re portaying.

I just said aload of stuff they have to improve - I darez you to say what you think is good about it.  You won;t but that's ok.. Got 'yer number!

...Need MOAR Fanbois.

Hey I bitch at SV as much as the rest of you - Mo is flawed and needs much love.  Their AI is hardly that innovative, graphics nice but not ground-breaking, Guild-war stuff ok but not industry leading,  Howwver it's not the pil 'o shite you;re portaying.

I just said aload of stuff they have to improve - I darez you to say what you think is good about it.  You won;t but that's ok.. Got 'yer number!

-I have. I have always said I thought the graphics were good (although most wont agree with me-) but thats it.

And the Corporation which runs the game (SV) and its CEO (Henrik Nystrom) are conmen, liars and theives... Seriosuly, it would not surprise me if they do go F2P after selling those lifetime subs via donations- Or close the game down/

-True story. And we will see.

Financial report due out soon.