Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall UW "gameplay"

Comments

• FondelFondel Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by fat_taddler

That looked terrible.  

"I was just thinking about the times when I was most excited for a MMO game or expansion.   I think my top three are:

1: WoW: Wotlk

2: SWTOR

3: WoW: BC"

Need I say more?

If i just could hit "like" on forum posts.....

• UgediBugediUgediBugedi Member Posts: 14

Damn, this game looks awesome and its full loot PVP!

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    after watching the vid i was very impressed with the world itself, what little i saw of it at least, and the character models looked pretty good too, i think the only thing that really let the video down was how much it flicked from one character to another, it didnt really give any real feel for the gameplay itself, would have been far better if had kept the video to just 2 or at most 3 viewpoints and let us see more of what the players were actually doing, what little did see, didnt seem to make much sense. image
  • HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by BadSpock

All I kept thinking was -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bphc0bNX69I

Which was awesome as hell... in 2003.

You've lived the right times and you've played the wrong game. 

Free for All PvP in Dark Age of Camelot 1 guild vs 3 guilds.Black Dragon vs all those guilds. 

L2p issues ? See below one of the best fights on youtube with daoc. 1 group holding the Lord room against zerg. 

DAOC is the Best mmo game ever. Thank god ive played it non stop for few years. If DF will fail i will return to daoc but i will keep playing this themepark mmo games for 30 days!

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Phry
    would have been far better if had kept the video to just 2 or at most 3 viewpoints and let us see more of what the players were actually doing, what little did see, didnt seem to make much sense. image

Agreed, I'd like to see a "real" gameplay video. (not dev floating camera w/ edits)  The mage casting fireball is rather suspect http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1BSl9jsx68&feature=player_detailpage#t=27s  as there is no projectile unti the cutaway scene, nor are there any during the fight.  Also, 00:36 and 00:42 are the same scene looped making it hard to follow whats going on. 

Video #3   3.5/10

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    This was the first vid that I can see Darkfall in, the other vids didn't feel like Darkfall to me, quite excited again.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

Because it was filmed by people testing the game? Stupid question.

How can they test the game without the proper interface?    That excuse is acceptable when the game is just starting out, but they are 11 days from launch.  

+++++++++

This video is just painful to watch.   The pvp still looks like a joke.  I thought momentum was going to be implemented to minimize the circle jerk.  Aside from that the game world does look more incredible than v1.   It may be worth it to renew a subscription just to take another spin around the world.

Originally posted by thinktank001  I thought momentum was going to be implemented to minimize the circle jerk.

I do find that fact very bothersome as we were told momentum was in just last week. Yet, the video made last night shows nothing remotely resembling momentum.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

The video follows: Please ignore the health-mana-stamina bar appearance in this video. This is from a test client with this specific configuration.

Why do all three videos have the "test client"?

Are you joking?  Do you honestly think they are building two different clients? (test vs current build) Talk about stupid.image

Do you not understand how programming works? There is always an in house testing platform, and a live platform. That's just how it works. THIS, is the testing platform.

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222

Im really excited about this, at least Im not bothered by 3rd person combat at all. Subjective opinion, but I like to think of it as an RPG element when you can see your char and the gear while you fight.

As always, not to happy about their flow of information, either they dont care/know or just want to keep their playersize limited.

The video follows: Please ignore the health-mana-stamina bar appearance in this video. This is from a test client with this specific configuration.

Are you joking?  Do you honestly think they are building two different clients? (test vs current build) Talk about stupid.image

Do you not understand how programming works? There is always an in house testing platform, and a live platform. That's just how it works. THIS, is the testing platform.

So they choose not to implement a finalized version into the "test client"?  LMAO

So they just threw the final version on the release client ?

If the test client doesnt mirror the current beta/release, wtf is the point?

Are you joking?  Do you honestly think they are building two different clients?

[mod edit]

So they choose not to implement a finalized version into the "test client"?  LMAO

So they just threw the final version on the release client ?

If the test client doesnt mirror the current beta/release, wtf is the point?

[mod edit] The UI they use in the test client is for test purposes. It is, very specifically, a UI that aids the developers.

And UIs get resdesigned almost constantly right up until when a game launches. They are frequently the most rewritten aspect of any video game.

[mod edit]

blah blah

So they also disabled momentum and projectiles on the "test client"

Anyway, The video was a major disappointment.

blah blah

So they also disabled momentum and projectiles on the "test client"

Anyway, The video was a major disappointment.

Er, they didn't. And it isn't. What I ask, were you expecting?

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871
    Didnt like video but i liked the gameplay,I hope it will be like that in UW also.

Let's internet

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    Originally posted by Tamanous

Ok cool ... we all now know that 2 handed melee is OP!

Looks like a much updated Asheron's Call style pvp. Which I guess is entirely the point. I still would like to see pve as much fun but I still haven't heard enough proving that. Great pve makes ever better pvp.

darkfall has some of the best pve of any mmo.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• FearmeirlFearmeirl Member UncommonPosts: 231
    Pretty much confirms they have removed skill and talent and replaced it with R/P/S and numbers. Woot!, I guess.
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Guys, talk about the game all you like without insulting each other. Room for different opinions and this game does inspire a lot of heated arguments, but it helps if you guys in the community don't add to the flames when you see them.

Thanks.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• AtlanNorAtlanNor Member UncommonPosts: 38
    So if you didn't play DF1, where / how do you buy the new game?  Shouldn't they be selling it somewhere by now with a key or something to get in?
    Originally posted by AtlanNor
    So if you didn't play DF1, where / how do you buy the new game?  Shouldn't they be selling it somewhere by now with a key or something to get in?

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/368930/Reasons-for-minimal-advertisinginfo.html

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

so full 3rd person definitely looks like its in game....and so am I!

• cybersrscybersrs Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Can you remove that Aim in the middle of screen?
  • FaleshFalesh Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by Fearmeirl
    Pretty much confirms they have removed skill and talent and replaced it with R/P/S and numbers. Woot!, I guess.

Please explain how you came to that conclusion?

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    If they are trying to sell me the game out of this "gameplay" video, they failed miserably. Camera switch every time we're about to see a character attacking another in 3rd person, no water effect when they are walking on it, no animation from the mage casting the fireball (tho this one can more positive than negative the more I think about it), the aiming look rather easy with no need to be precise (@16sec, you can see the crosshair not even on the target and the aim becomes red), we don't have a clue what the classes are on this video, same for the skills/spells. And yet, the game is about to be release very soon. As much as I would like this game to be good, I don't have any hope. At least not from what I've seen, read, heard so far.
  • wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388

That looked terrible.  

"I was just thinking about the times when I was most excited for a MMO game or expansion.   I think my top three are:

1: WoW: Wotlk

2: SWTOR

3: WoW: BC"

Need I say more?

LOL, I love when people research a posters history to discredit their opinion.   Game still looks terrible

You are entitled to your opinion, I was simply putting it into perspective. (nothing against you are the games you enjoy)

How did I get a MOD edit when I said the same thing (prior to this post) that is said here?