Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall UW "gameplay"

PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

Here we go

Comments

• naljejanaljeja Member Posts: 94
    I cant wait now.. 11 more days feels like 11 years
  • ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

The screenshots were much better.

The videos make it look like it's a big empty world.

Where dem npc's at? etc.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

The video follows: Please ignore the health-mana-stamina bar appearance in this video. This is from a test client with this specific configuration.

Why do all three videos have the "test client"?

• naljejanaljeja Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by Hancakes

The video follows: Please ignore the health-mana-stamina bar appearance in this video. This is from a test client with this specific configuration.

They are devs..

• fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286

That looked terrible.  

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152
    Man it looks like a huge improvement. I doubt I have the time to play though.

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

Ok cool ... we all now know that 2 handed melee is OP!

Looks like a much updated Asheron's Call style pvp. Which I guess is entirely the point. I still would like to see pve as much fun but I still haven't heard enough proving that. Great pve makes ever better pvp.

You stay sassy!

Originally posted by fat_taddler

That looked terrible.  

"I was just thinking about the times when I was most excited for a MMO game or expansion.   I think my top three are:

1: WoW: Wotlk

2: SWTOR

3: WoW: BC"

Need I say more?

• BorlucBorluc Member UncommonPosts: 255

Graphics are much improved.  I like how you see people taking on roles (archer on the high ground) instead of just being a chaotic, master of all magic battle.  That alone might be enough for me to check it out again. 

I'm a little concerned that they didn't show the effect of being hit too often since they cut away a lot.  I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it was to create a cinematic feel.  Noticed that he said more coming soon which is promising.

Originally posted by Toxia

Where dem npc's at? etc.

The game has always been about minimal npc's. The devs wanted players to fill the world for the most part. 

The rest of the pve concerns I have commented above.

You stay sassy!

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

Because it was filmed by people testing the game? Stupid question.

Originally posted by Toxia

The screenshots were much better.

The videos make it look like it's a big empty world.

Where dem npc's at? etc.

Probably had been killed by the people who were in that temple. Another stupid question.

Is it me of does this smell of "Console"?
  • KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    I feel I have to agree with the word gameplay needing inverted commas.
  • ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Animations are starting to come along it appears.  Will keep my comments to myself about the rest though.  Might give this game a shot if Ive nothing better to do in the near future.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

Originally posted by DavisFlight

Because it was filmed by people testing the game? Stupid question.

Are you joking?  Do you honestly think they are building two different clients? [mod edit]

The video was supposedly made last night, you'd think they would have implemented the "real" version by now?

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Looks nice. Water looks really nice.  
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

All I kept thinking was -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bphc0bNX69I

Which was awesome as hell... in 2003.

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388
    [mod edit]

That looked terrible.  

"I was just thinking about the times when I was most excited for a MMO game or expansion.   I think my top three are:

Need I say more?

LOL, I love when people research a posters history to discredit their opinion.   Game still looks terrible

You are entitled to your opinion, I was simply putting it into perspective. (nothing against you are the games you enjoy)

• BorlucBorluc Member UncommonPosts: 255
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Something that was done in JK II was weapon collision which would make Darkfall much better imo.  You had to time your blows around theirs and switch between slow and powerful, medium, and fast and light in order to get through their corresponding defense.  That is before they turned it into a arcade special moves fest, which I thought ruined it. 

It would be awesome to have that type of weapon collision in DF, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433

Dude, that game is still incredibly awesome in 2012, I infact just replayed through it.  One of the best games ever.

The graphics of DF do seem to have a certain similarity.  Animations neeed soooo much work though, when that mage conjured that fire ball... well, that was cringe worthy.

Originally posted by wrekognize

That looked terrible.  

Need I say more?

LOL, I love when people research a posters history to discredit their opinion.   Game still looks terrible

I'd say his point is valid. Seeing the style of games you enjoy brings into perspective your opinion about darkfall.

An enlightened individual would have said "That looked different" then.

You stay sassy!

So why is it less awesome now?  image

Originally posted by QuicklyScott

The graphics of DF do seem to have a certain similarity.  Animations neeed soooo much work though, when that mage conjured that fire ball... well, that was cringe worthy.

The gameplay may very well not be considered great by many but that can only be proven upon first hand gameplay. Being a player of Asheron's call I must say I was far far more concerned about the effect of a fireball slamming into my character than the animation from the toon. Gameplay has nothing to do with the animations for the most part. I just needed to see the player was casting something ... even if shooting from his big toe.

I'd also like to know when people actually started thinking this game wasn't made by an indie-company.

You stay sassy!