Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Tanks: Chinese Tanks On the Way

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Wargaming.net has announced that seventeen new tanks from the Chinese tank line will be introduced to World of Tanks with the arrival of v8.2. There is no announced date for the next update at this point.

"The Chinese not only produced their own tanks, but also evolved their own unique designs through the modification and improvement of some of the best foreign machines on the planet," said Mike Zhivets, producer of World of Tanks. "The time has come for the Chinese to show their technical achievements. So, prepare to face the speed, hardiness and firepower of the best of People's Liberation Army!"

Find out more about the next update on the World of Tanks site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Pretty much a rehash of the Russian tanks which is need for marketing the game in China.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    They had tanks???
  • finnmacool1finnmacool1 Member Posts: 453
    I think at this point they might as well release a klingon and martian line if you want to keep making shit up.
  • kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    They had tanks???

They had WW2 era Russian tanks in the 50s and modified, reverse engineered WW2 Russian tanks during 60s till today.

During WW2 they had...umm..rikshaws?

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

So long as they stick to realism, and have the Chinese tanks randomly catch fire, because the factory that made them was too cheap to use the correct wire, and have the gun barrels randomly blow up, because even the defective ones are too valueable to throw away....

• Tao_ZunTao_Zun Member Posts: 1

Ahhh yes the great tank battles of Asia, historians love to discuss the innovative tactics developed by tank commander Ching Chong during the Battle of Long Dong Valley.  The astonishingly advanced designs of the chinese tank easily led them to victory of the Japanese in countless battles on the asian mainland.

(these things did not happen....)

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953
    The T59 has been around in game for a while. I dunno ever since Clan wars came in I played less & less till I got into MWO Beta earlier this year & haven't played WoT since.
  • RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168
    I would rather see the japanese tanks as few as they were in WW2.

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

im confused why they are including china instead of japan for asia.  china really didnt last very long in ww2 :/ they used mostly out of date ww1 preww2 tanks from europe where as the japanese had alot of german tank tech and some italian if i recall right. 

seeing as japan steam rolled china in ww2 pretty quickly even with the canadian support forces there with the brits..  they would have been better off adding japan over china :/ imo

• AkumawraithAkumawraith Member UncommonPosts: 370

Not only did China use Soviet tanks during WW2, but after the Russian-Japanese nonaggression pact China made a deal with the US and gained US tanks. Among these were the M3A3, M5A1, and M4.

Though as stated the japanese line would have been better.. I would have love to seen a rendition of the O-I :

The O-I experimental superheavy tank had three turrets and weighed 120 tons, and required a crew of 11 men. It was 10 meters long by 4.2 meters wide with an overall height of 4 meters. The armor was 200 mm at its maximum, and the tank had a top speed of 25 km/h. This version had two gasoline engines, and was armed with 1 x 105 mm cannon, 1 x Type 1 37 mm (in a forward-mounted sub-turret), and 3 x Type 97 7.7 mm machine guns (one mounted in a forward sub-turret) while an ultraheavy version also mounted a Type 1 37 mm in a rear-facing sub-turret. It has been reported the one copy of the O-I was manufactured before the end of the war and was shipped to Manchuria, according to an engineer concerned with the project.[14] No images of the O-I have been found, only some drawings are known to exist.

Played: UO, LotR, WoW, SWG, DDO, AoC, EVE, Warhammer, TF2, EQ2, SWTOR, TSW, CSS, KF, L4D, AoW, WoT

Playing: The Secret World until Citadel of Sorcery goes into Alpha testing.

Tired of: Linear quest games, dailies, and dumbed down games

Anticipating:Citadel of Sorcery

• WendettaWendetta Member Posts: 30

So will the tanks be constantly breaking down mid-battle since their parts are Made In China™?

Proud Member of the A.F-D-A. [Anti Fanboy-Defense-Army]Association for a Better Tomorrow or [A.F-D-A.]AfaBT, in short.

• ZerackusZerackus Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Can't wait!! And yes, I want Japan and Italy brought in also!!!

Zerackus the Bane
    Son of Myrkul
    Undead Lords
    www.undeadlords.net

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
      Might as well go after the Won.  Im excited to have yet another line to grind (serious..no sarcasm)   Hopefully Ill have time to "finish" the brits

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• ZheketriZheketri Member UncommonPosts: 23

Since they're mostly variations on existing tanks, I suspect this tank line (small as it is) was a case of "low-hanging fruit" that they banged out fairly quickly because it was easy, as opposed to putting out a Japanese line which needs to be built from the ground up.

I really doubt it took a lot of Dev time, much less significant time away from other projects.