Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Archeage CBT5 review - (my first two days and about 10 hours in)

124»

Comments

• YamotaYamota LondonPosts: 6,620Member
    Originally posted by Rimmersman
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Originally posted by Xzen
    Originally posted by pwain

quest hub like in every other game like in WoW or lorto ?

Sounds awful. Hopefully you can kill your time in this game without doing stupid quests every day

ArcheAge has quest hubs but it also has RIFT type events as well. Contrary to belief some of us have no problem with quest hubs. GW2 hasn't swayed everyone that DE are the future infact DEs are as boring as hell and more railroad than quest hubs IMO.

And those are the only two options? Dynamic Events/Quests and standard static quests?

What about just living in the world, hunting, adventuring, creating houses, forts, fighting over something valuable against other players or mobs? 

You makit is sound like questing or developer created content is the only way to play an MMO. Which is not odd with the ThemePark cancer that the genre is suffering from I guess. But there are other ways, it just seems like tha majority of the current generation of MMO devs dont know how to create such an MMO world properly.

WTF are you going on about lol, do you know anything about this game?

I am talking aboout sandbox features which I thought would be in this game. However it seems like that is limited to some housing and similar rather than a non linear world which you can roam and adventure in.

AA does have every thing you have listed in yellow.

Ok then it was not highlighted in this review. Because I will be damned if I have to go through another quest hub leveling MMO. I just want to roam an open non-linear world and advance like that rather than go kill 10 rats and then 10 beetles and then 10 orcs and then 10 trolls and so on ad naeusem.

How long have you been on this site lol, you must see the hype meter everytime you come to the site. That's one of the problem with some gamers today, they don't do any research but like to jump in with all sorts of nonsence.

Please, in the future do your research instead of assuming devs team are not as smart as you.

Don't know why i'm doing this but it seems you need the help.

http://archeagesource.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuTIHD3Dnow

I dont know what your problem is but I am commenting on this thread and specifically about this review. I am not here to show of how much or little I know of this game.

• OziiusOziius Baltimore, MDPosts: 1,388Member Uncommon
    Does anyone know if this will eventually make its way to the US?
  • RimmersmanRimmersman MonacoPosts: 885Member
    Originally posted by Xzen
    Originally posted by pwain

quest hub like in every other game like in WoW or lorto ?

Sounds awful. Hopefully you can kill your time in this game without doing stupid quests every day

ArcheAge has quest hubs but it also has RIFT type events as well. Contrary to belief some of us have no problem with quest hubs. GW2 hasn't swayed everyone that DE are the future infact DEs are as boring as hell and more railroad than quest hubs IMO.

And those are the only two options? Dynamic Events/Quests and standard static quests?

What about just living in the world, hunting, adventuring, creating houses, forts, fighting over something valuable against other players or mobs? 

You makit is sound like questing or developer created content is the only way to play an MMO. Which is not odd with the ThemePark cancer that the genre is suffering from I guess. But there are other ways, it just seems like tha majority of the current generation of MMO devs dont know how to create such an MMO world properly.

WTF are you going on about lol, do you know anything about this game?

I am talking aboout sandbox features which I thought would be in this game. However it seems like that is limited to some housing and similar rather than a non linear world which you can roam and adventure in.

AA does have every thing you have listed in yellow.

Ok then it was not highlighted in this review. Because I will be damned if I have to go through another quest hub leveling MMO. I just want to roam an open non-linear world and advance like that rather than go kill 10 rats and then 10 beetles and then 10 orcs and then 10 trolls and so on ad naeusem.

How long have you been on this site lol, you must see the hype meter everytime you come to the site. That's one of the problem with some gamers today, they don't do any research but like to jump in with all sorts of nonsence.

Please, in the future do your research instead of assuming devs team are not as smart as you.

Don't know why i'm doing this but it seems you need the help.

http://archeagesource.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuTIHD3Dnow

I dont know what your problem is but I am commenting on this thread and specifically about this review. I am not here to show of how much or little I know of this game.

Let me remind you how you came at me for telling you that AA has normal quests and Rift like events.

"You makit is sound like questing or developer created content is the only way to play an MMO. Which is not odd with the ThemePark cancer that the genre is suffering from I guess. But there are other ways, it just seems like tha majority of the current generation of MMO devs dont know how to create such an MMO world properly"

You jumped to conclusions before actually finding out more about the game. In the future perhaps a some manners would help before you jump down someones throat.

• fenistilfenistil GliwicePosts: 3,005Member

There are levels and quests are afaik fastest way by far to get xp so if you're really cannot stand this then you might look elsewhere.  Game afaik won't force you to do quests but you get an idea.

It is not 100% sandbox.  It is hybrid. 

• DrinkingbearDrinkingbear Flushing, MIPosts: 60Member
    There's pizza.) A lock-in at the Y is a great way to get know people.Oh and AA looks good too.
124»