Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

help quick plz - need to know if I can game with this:

JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983
AMD E-300 Accelerated Processor
15.6" diagonal LED-backlit display
2GB system memory
320GB hard drive
Heward Packard Laptop

Comments

• JackieRyderJackieRyder Member UncommonPosts: 145
    depends what kinda games you wanna play.. some games will look like slideshows to you
  • ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

ABSOLUTELY...not.

Sorry friend.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• not any games made in the last 12 years....

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983
    What kind of laptop do I need?  I can still take this back and exchange it (Wal-mart) it's in the package and I have a reciept.  Friend bought it for me.

Originally posted by Jemcrystal
    What kind of laptop do I need?  I can still take this back and exchange it (Wal-mart) it's in the package and I have a reciept.  Friend bought it for me.

You need a laptop with a dedicated graphics card, more RAM(at LEAST 2 more gigs), and a nice CPU.

You will not find what you are looking for at wal mart.

EDIT: give us a money amount and we'll dig around. How much will you have to spend after returning that and how much extra you got to spend.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257

Laptops aren't very good for gaming use. If you wanting to game then I suggest a PC and I would suggest building one too as its cheaper. Laptops are very difficult to upgrade or isn't possible. I'm currently looking for a new gaming PC, it will take time because I want to make sure I get the best value. 

Get a PC which as a minium graphics card of a Geforce GTX 560 or more which DDR3 RAM 8GB and a good prosessor 2.9MHz. Which sould be fairly cheap, and if you're only playing MMOs thats all you'd need really.

Be sure to research and look up, and be sure to take your time you wouldn't want to spend a lot of money then find you'd could have bought it £200 or $400 cheaper.

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983
    Originally posted by Toxia

You need a laptop with a dedicated graphics card, more RAM(at LEAST 2 more gigs), and a nice CPU.

EDIT: give us a money amount and we'll dig around. How much will you have to spend after returning that and how much extra you got to spend.

Just the cheapest I can get away with.  I wasn't saving for this it's an unexpected present out of blue.  I don't have a PC store here that's why peeps do Walmart.  We got Best Buy.  That's it.  Thx all I get the feeling after this we're going to get into install this and that talk and I"m to tired for it.  I knew this dude once who got a pc at Best Buy and there wasn't anything he couldn't play.  He did nothing to make it work.  I'm tired and going to bed now.  Thx.

Originally posted by Toxia

Just the cheapest I can get away with.  I wasn't saving for this it's an unexpected present out of blue.  I don't have a PC store here that's why peeps do Walmart.  We got Best Buy.  That's it.  Thx all I get the feeling after this we're going to get into install this and that talk and I"m to tired for it.  I knew this dude once who got a pc at Best Buy and there wasn't anything he couldn't play.  He did nothing to make it work.  I'm tired and going to bed now.  Thx.

*edited*- quizzy posted. His advice> my advice

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,346

The basic theme of that laptop is it's based on AMD's netbook chip.  And then it's a salvage part that disables one of the processor cores because it's defective, so AMD gives it away for next to nothing.

If you want a really cheap laptop that can more or less run most games, then see if you can find a Llano system on clearance.  For example:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215257

Actually, if you can get a refund rather than just an exchange, then do that and buy the laptop I just linked.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,346

Just to give a quick comparison:

Processor:  A6-3420M has four cores.  E-300 has one core.  Each core in the A6-3420M is faster all by itself than the entire E-300, too.

Graphics:  A6-3420M has four SIMD engines and 8 ROPs.  E-300 has one SIMD engine and four ROPs.  I think the E-300 is clocked slightly higher, but only slightly.

So the laptop I linked will get you about quadruple the gaming performance of the one you got.  It's likely around the same price, too.

The laptop I linked is not a high end gaming laptop by any means.  Surely you don't expect that for $350.  But nearly any game will be playable at low to moderate graphical settings.  WvWvW in GW2 probably won't be, but that's the only exception that I know of off hand.