Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you like to see an age bracket in the e-harmony system?

ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
There is a lot of talk the "shard" system that they are using that places people with similar tastes in the same "instance" or "shard" (PvP, Solo, Group, etc).  Would you as a player like to see an age preferance added to this system?  Something similar to backets, with along the lines of Any, 18+, 25+, 30+  idea?

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    I find maturity more valued than what age that mature person is.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Arcondo87Arcondo87 Member Posts: 94
    i would like to see a game that requires a age limit to even get in...by providing a emailed copy of your license.
  • Not_KhaerosNot_Khaeros Member Posts: 31
    Just add a checkbox for 'Prefers long walks on the beach' and I'll take whatever the game throws at me.
  • gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

I know maturity and age are not the same thing. However, you can't deny that both things are closely related, specially at certain age.

If given the option, yes, sorry, I don't want to play with teenagers. And again, I have played with very sensible and mature teenagers in many occasions, but the occasions when such teenagers were a bunch of spoiled brats outnumber those by a cosmic difference.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Originally posted by Arcondo87
    i would like to see a game that requires a age limit to even get in...by providing a emailed copy of your license.

This works for Korea, because the mmorpgs there are made for that country alone. I don't see how that could work in more global mmorpgs.

• ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810

honestly this was just a passing thought.

I would love to see the option for this.  It would just give me a greater chance to meet the few people my own age that still play MMO"s.  I don't have anything against teens in mmo's, they are the future of the gaming industry after all, I just don't find I have a lot in common with that age group.

I figured as long as TESO already has this type of  "e-harmony" system in play, this would be a pretty simple addition that some people might really enjoy.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

IIRC i did read that they will be putting something like that in their "survey"

• MentalEventMentalEvent Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by gordiflu

I know maturity and age are not the same thing. However, you can't deny that both things are closely related, specially at certain age.

If given the option, yes, sorry, I don't want to play with teenagers. And again, I have played with very sensible and mature teenagers in many occasions, but the occasions when such teenagers were a bunch of spoiled brats outnumber those by a cosmic difference.

I think u speak :) <3

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by ragz45
    There is a lot of talk the "shard" system that they are using that places people with similar tastes in the same "instance" or "shard" (PvP, Solo, Group, etc).  Would you as a player like to see an age preferance added to this system?  Something similar to backets, with along the lines of Any, 18+, 25+, 30+  idea?

I have a teen son that is more mature than a lot of adults I run into in mmo's, so, no, an age bracket shard would do no good. Besides how would you determine the persons real age? I don't see any game company spending money to ensure people are the age they say they are for an mmo. They barely have customer service already with all the automated responses you get instead of talking to a real person.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

personaly i would like my "Shard" full of 20 something blondes with a minimum B cup.....just saying....my preferences..

...but yea you can have all the  "full of old people" shards you want, as long as i get mine.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    imagine this system, once the population drops after the first month. lol

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Age should never be a metric used in a game like TESO into forcing people to play in a system of such potent control. So long as one can block someone then there is no issue and no reason for linking conversational maturity to number of years lived on the planet.

Similar tastes should rather be based on common experiences had in the game so far.

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    I highly doubt restricting the age of who plays with who is going to change the fact that anyone can end up being a numbskull, regardless of age.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by ragz45

That would be cool.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

Age means nothing. Just look at EVE (goonsquad and just in general), Darkfall (worst I've ever seen), Haven and Hearth (as bad as Darkfall), old UO, darktide Asheron's Call...all those have pure PvP in common. Minus Age of Conan which is an 18+ rated MMO, and focused on PvE...and that was in some ways, WAY worse than goonsquad ever was...

And all those (while having an average age of 20+) have the most horrid communities I've ever seen in an MMO. So, age doesn't mean much. I found the "kids" in WoW to be (generally) a lot friendlier than the people I generally saw in the above MMOs. But I mostly played PvE and PvE-RP servers in WoW, so maybe that made a difference.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Originally posted by TheScavenger

Age means nothing. Just look at EVE (goonsquad and just in general), Darkfall (worst I've ever seen), Haven and Hearth (as bad as Darkfall), old UO, darktide Asheron's Call...all those have pure PvP in common. Minus Age of Conan which is an 18+ rated MMO, and focused on PvE...and that was in some ways, WAY worse than goonsquad ever was...

And all those (while having an average age of 20+) have the most horrid communities I've ever seen in an MMO. So, age doesn't mean much. I found the "kids" in WoW to be (generally) a lot friendlier than the people I generally saw in the above MMOs. But I mostly played PvE and PvE-RP servers in WoW, so maybe that made a difference.

Maybe it's just me, but I think Kids and maybe people just below their 20s are still trying to look for a place they belong in MMOs, so they are much more polite because they don't want to offend anyone. Adults, generally more established in their own identities (and perhaps their egos in some cases), aren't as afraid/less caring about what others perceive them as, hence their more rowdy behavior.