Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you could travel back in time and tell the Pre-SWTOR-Beta "You" something about SWTOR, what would

Comments

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Not to buy two collector editions.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

From the start they should place a sentence on website: THIS WILL NOT BE SWG 2.0!!!!.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• keitholikeitholi Member UncommonPosts: 140
    I would simply reinforce the actual decision I made when I was actually in SWTOR beta.. It was an OK game but it was run by SOE and they would inevitably fuck it up, so go play EVE online instead. Which has turned out to be a fabulous decision for all these years..
  • tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    I would tell my past self that SWTOR would dissappoint me like the Patriots did again in the Super Bowl losing to the New York Football Giants, not to be confused with Baseball Giants which won the World Series again like our two term President Obama. Furthermore SWTOR would tank EA's stock, making it bad like Facebook's.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

I'd tell myself: Don't buy EA collectors editions.  They are mass produced, not limited, and hold no collectors value, since stores are flooded with them.  The same Collectors Edition could be bought for $20 at Kmart and Bestbuy liquidation sales 8 months after launch.

By royally screwing up Star Wars, I'd probably also tell myself to not buy EA MMO's, ever.  If they try to heavily monetize the new Sim City, I think I'll scream.

Originally posted by cdestey

Save your money... for the divorce.

That has bad returns too, 20-35 cents to the dollar. :/

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

It is exactly as bad as you thought it would be.

But don't worry, it died. MMO companies won't be trying to sell singleplayer games with monthly fees for a long time.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    That female you will be cyboring with is not really a girl...
  • noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    If you could travel back in time and tell the Pre-SWTOR-Beta "You" something about SWTOR, what would you tell yourself?

This game was not worth you following it for five years.

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by Enigmatus
    Off-topic, but when did the discontent for SWTOR begin exactly?

The real, mainstream anger and disappointment began probably two weeks after launch when even the most hardcore fanbois and the paid skills in their ranks, could not conceal the fact that this was a linear grinder game with no free choice and no variety.

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    Originally posted by noncley

The real, mainstream anger and disappointment began probably two weeks after launch when even the most hardcore fanbois and the paid skills in their ranks, could not conceal the fact that this was a linear grinder game with no free choice and no variety.

Industry stories began to zero in on Ilum on Jan 2nd and reached a fever pitch between Jan. 2nd and Jan 22nd.

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    Dont do it, its good for about 1-2 months and then it drops out of interest bigstyle after that and 3 characters done. Yep 3 chars in 2 mths and thats not even playing it hardcore style either. Now bored, methinks maybe one should have tried SWG and then tried to keep that one going instead.
  • XerenixXerenix Member UncommonPosts: 237
    Only thing i regret was starting on US servers instead of EU so that was the only thing i would tell myself.
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Don't buy the Collectors Edition, the CE store contains nothing but shit.

Otherwise, nothing. Everything has transpired as I have forseeen.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
    I would say to myself in my best Stormtrooper voice, "Move along, nothing to see here"..   OR,  "This isn't the game we're looking for".. lol
  • TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953
    I would say to myself "Trust your feelings, cancel your pre-order now !"
  • kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

That it's a big stinking pile of shit and not to waste $50 on it because you'll be bored within a week and you'll force yourself to get to lvl 50 just to feel like you got something for your money but hey at least you won't subscribe to it.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Originally posted by Elikal

Don't buy the Collectors Edition, the CE store contains nothing but shit.

Otherwise, nothing. Everything has transpired as I have forseeen.

What? Elikal I remember your posts in the months after release. They did not read as if you had divined beforehand the suck that is SWTOR. I read your posts :)

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• ericlatrelleericlatrelle Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Originally posted by LoverNoFighter
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    If you could travel back in time and tell the Pre-SWTOR-Beta "You" something about SWTOR, what would you tell yourself?

Don't sub. It will be F2P within a year.

It's a mediocre game that will be easily forgotten.

This right here.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Don't buy the game.  Wait a year.
  • RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Try harder with the hype, you might think you are doing it well but there is a juggernaught of hype coming that will eclipse your efforts.
  • Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633

Either:

Don't play

Or

Play a Sentinel

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

"Just say No!"

or

"Remember what you didn't like about those other MMO's? Star Wars or not, this has all the bad and none of the good..."

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

"The game will go so-called "f2p" in 2012 and become a rip-off for subscribers AND those using the item shop".

Let's party like it is 1863!

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Good job young one...it went f2p as expected.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by noncley

The smart discontent, those who could see the writing on the wall, began about a year or two before launch when they talked all about voice acting and personal stories and instances, instead of actual MMO content or innovations.