Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS3 Version

Sky427Sky427 Member UncommonPosts: 99

So question, I'm going to resub to the game when it re-releases. I decided I'm going to give this bitch another chance because if it fails then Square as a company will probably die and this may very well be the last square game.  Or they'll atleast change names if this fails.

Anyways back to the topic.

I was wondering if anyone knows if they've said anything about the PS3 Version for existing customers since I've played the game once already I was wondering if I would have to buy the game again to play it on the PS3.

I really don't want to do that, but I do want to play it on the PS3 as the computer I'm using is the same one I was using when the game originally came out. It's a laptop too so the graphics card is kind of dying and the graphical intensity of this game is probably too much for it to take now since the thermal paste has probably shifted over the last.... how many years? I dont remember. Anyways I'd rather not kill my laptop just yet is the point.

Looking forward to seeing this game succeed in the MMO market and clean up the mess left behind by the previous developers of the game I'd acctually be very sad to see it fail so crossing my fingers.

Comments

• lars1134lars1134 Member Posts: 106
    Im over 90% sure that you will have to buy it again unfortunetaly.
  • RalstlinRalstlin Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Erm of course,  you cant play PS3 version if u bought PC version... is common sense. But you can play your PC account in your PS3 version, this is confirmed too.
  • OnionThiefOnionThief Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by Ralstlin
    Erm of course,  you cant play PS3 version if u bought PC version... is common sense. But you can play your PC account in your PS3 version, this is confirmed too.

Yeah, this. But if you have a friend who buys it for PS3, you might be able to install it to your system, thereby saving you the purchase.

• Xion1985Xion1985 Member UncommonPosts: 229
    Not trying to hijack the thread, but I didn't want to start another one about the PS3, when is the PS3 version coming out has it been announced?  I'm using a laptop as well, and I know that their is no way I can play it on this computer.  I want to give it another shot though.  I played it about a year ago on a different computer and thought it did have some decent ideas and well I think the direction their going in is pretty good.
  • Xion1985Xion1985 Member UncommonPosts: 229
    Originally posted by DarknessReign
    [mod edit]

I have googled it and I hadn't found anything that was concrete, everything just seemed like speculation.  Thats why I was asking if someone had found something more concrete.

• RalstlinRalstlin Member UncommonPosts: 234

PC and PS3 will come out at same time.

You have a Square-Enix Account where your characters will be stored, then you can register PC version or/and PS3 version. Then you can play it depend of what u bought and register.

• UronksurUronksur Member UncommonPosts: 310

If there has been no explicit announcement, I wouldn't get my hopes up. It's too bad DarknessReign couldn't be bothered to share some of his information with us "damn lazy" people, but I'm going to assume he's going off a date on an online retailer's website that is taking pre-orders. What you need to remember is that they have to have a date, any date, in order to accept preorders. Like Amazon is giving a release date of 12/31/2013 at the moment.

• darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383
    Originally posted by Sky427

So question, I'm going to resub to the game when it re-releases. I decided I'm going to give this bitch another chance because if it fails then Square as a company will probably die and this may very well be the last square game.  Or they'll atleast change names if this fails.

No....no they wont. It failed once and all they did was put a new group on it. If it fails again they will just move on at that point. Final Fantasy XIV is not their biggest revinue. Id say they make more money threw their constant sequals of 13 and the many many companies they own and publish. Like edios who make games like Hitman and Rocksteady who make the batman games. One mmo is not going to ruin one of the most powerful companies in gaming. Also you will have to buy it for the ps3 is you want it on the ps3 simply because that will be their big money gain as they are just letting all the previous PC players have it as a patch and ps3 hasnt even seen it yet.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    I hope the ps3 version doesn't end up limiting the game like the ps2 version of ffxi did. I mean pc's already easly surpass ps3 graphically, I honestly wish they would just keep ff14 on pc only, that way they don't have to dumb the game down for ps3 users, which ends up effecting the pc players as well.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599

Edit:

Q32: Will you need to buy a separate registration code for the PS3 version if you are playing on PC? Will it be possible to play on both PC and PS3 with the same account?

A33: We apologize, but it will be necessary to purchase a separate PS3 registration code. It’s possible for a PC version character to play on PS3, so it will be possible to alternate.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

Lol , you must be pretty new to the console world if you think by failling FF14 Square is dead.    SquareEnix always sucked at MMO's , and that will never change.  Their best at console games , and the new FF for the Wii-U will be mind blowing. That's the only reason why I'll be buying the Wii-u because of the FF releasing on it , which won't happen until 2014.  

Now to the point of Final Fantasy Online , if Square were really serious about doing a FF online game they should incorporate online / multiplayer features for the next FF.   I mean why does it have to be a MMO?   Let's say on the console you can control 3 toons , let people create games of 3 people and let the people decide which toon they want to play for mega fun!!  

Turning a great franchise into a MMO is so overrated.  Elder scrolls anyone?

• Sauteed_OnionSauteed_Onion Member Posts: 33

The bit where you talk about letting people play whichever character they want in a regular non mmo ff reminds me of playing Final Fantasy 3 (6 for you who have to Chornologically correct) on the super nintendo with friends or family and assigning characters to eachother. And getting pissed off at eachother for trying to go different places on the world map lol.

The game was priceless fun as it was back then, but being able to somehow recapture that in a non mmo via online connectivity in a modern game would be awesome.