Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BioWare Mythic renamed back to Mythic

XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848

http://www.vg247.com/2012/11/08/bioware-mythic-changes-its-name-to-mythic/

Its pretty bad when EA doesnt want the developer of Warhammer Online associated with BioWare anymore.

Comments

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Not really, EA wants mass profits so they try to change things up to make it look more appealing, even if its usually their fault for the lack luster products through rushing it out or through poor choices in hopes of generating more profit.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Maybe they don't want the developer of SWTOR to be associated with Mythic?
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by Gravarg

EA realised SWTOR was killing Bioware reputation so they reverted the decision to blend the 2 brands.
    Mythic is a more expendable brand. They really can't afford to compromise Bioware fanbase.
    Unfortunately they already did. In my eyes Bioware = EA
    Too late

• morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

Mythic got me into MMORPG with DAoC. Then they fooled me with WAR... There is a saying: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me"

I don't care what they gonna call them selfs. BioMythic, EABio, MythicelEA or bEAwre. Im sure not gonna trust them. They might giong to develop a good game again. Like Funcom did with TSW, but Im not giong to buy a game of them before I don't have solid reviews from the gamerbase about the product.

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Maybe to sell Mythic.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    It's just EA

There's no real bioware OR mythic people there anymore.

Originally posted by ste2000
    Originally posted by GravargMaybe they don't want the developer of SWTOR to be associated with Mythic?

EA realised SWTOR was killing Bioware reputation so they reverted the decision to blend the 2 brands.
    Mythic is a more expendable brand. They really can't afford to compromise Bioware fanbase.
    Unfortunately they already did. In my eyes Bioware = EA
    Too late

Yes Bioware is dead. Sad but true. Same gos with Mythic, Origin and so many other.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    The fact that they are doing ANYTHING with Mythic is a good thing.  I fully expected them to have that name gone by now.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501

Blah Blah Blah, until any of there next games come out and your all there playing it same old song and dance....

People always do this moan and complain and then support em anyway....

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf
    Maybe to sell Mythic.

If only.... but no, that sort of thinking leads to madness.  imageimageimage

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by morbuskabis
    Yes Bioware is dead. Sad but true. Same gos with Mythic, Origin and so many other.

Aye, the current Mythic aren't really the people that gave us the game we'll always remember as the best RvR game ever...Nothing can compare to Pre ToA DAOC for me, ever  :(

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• Rommie10-284Rommie10-284 Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf
    Maybe to sell Mythic.

If only.... but no, that sort of thinking leads to madness.  imageimageimage

Maybe to sell Bioware then?  Or Frog-march it to the disbanding station?

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

Curious... To me it reads like they have differing plans for their brand studios in coming days and want to distinguish them and their products from one another as a result. That would be done for a variety of reasons including but not limited to culling the heat from past failures from applying to a new product they want to profit from. With all the staff change overs and shared game work, neither development studio is currently recognizable outside of the EA label. If they can build them successfully into desired brands again they increase their overall value in a sale or merger. How things change.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

mythic are better mmorpg devs than bioware morons

last good game by bioware was KOTOR all what they make after is crap in rpg genre

Originally posted by nationalcity
    Blah Blah Blah, until any of there next games come out and your all there playing it same old song and dance.... People always do this moan and complain and then support em anyway....

Not true. I din't buy any Blizzard game, since they announced RealID. So lots of games I was intrested in like D3 and SC2, I didn't buy. Even though they skiped RealID, they never see a $ from me ever again.

I wont buy any NCSoft games ever again, becouse I don't like the way the deal with bots. So there will be consequences for companies made by the playerbase.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by JosephJR

last good game by bioware was KOTOR all what they make after is crap in rpg genre

I have always felt that Bioware rode high on the achievements of Black Isle myself.

Yeah but the mmo developers from mythic are no longer there.

They work for zenimax, arenanet &them guys that were making dominus amongst others, or have retired from the industry.

You've got Jeff hickman, Paul barnet and gabe amangetello but they're both marketing dudes they didn't climb the ranks from programming / art / world design, hicknan was the head community relations guy before ea got involved, amangetello was in sales and barnet they got from games workshop to oversee war stuck to the lore (dark elves in inevitable city, witch hunters working with skaven lol)
  • ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156
    Originally posted by Vesavius
    Originally posted by JosephJR

I have always felt that Bioware rode high on the achievements of Black Isle myself.

Agree, Black Isle and then Troika were the best RPG companies at the turn of the 21th century. Bioware proved that their talent lied more in technical aspects than gameplay design in their later games like NWN, which was good technically, but the single player RPG part of it was appalling and had nothing in common with their previous games under Black Isle supervision (Baldur's gate 1 and 2).

REALITY CHECK

Also the uo guys that merged into mythic have mostly left.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Originally posted by ste2000
    Originally posted by Gravarg

EA realised SWTOR was killing Bioware reputation so they reverted the decision to blend the 2 brands. Mythic is a more expendable brand. They really can't afford to compromise Bioware fanbase. Unfortunately they already did. In my eyes Bioware = EA Too late

you say it like if ME2 and 3 and DA2 was not enough to kill any rep bioware had and with swtor they just placed the last nail on the cofin, any rep they had is long dead already

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    I like kotor 1 (2nd was ok but buggy mess)
    Mass effect 1 (enjoyed 2 but it wasn't quite as good, and my his scanning was boring) and their most underated game jade empire.
    Didn't play me3. I'm on a self imposed ea ban.
    Dragon age is overrated though, didn't get what all the fuss was about.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Dragon age is overrated though, didn't get what all the fuss was about.

played the first one ? history, combat system and feel of the game remember the golden time of the RPGs, I would upgrade some thing here and there with SHOULD happen on anything after the first one not a damn downgrade thing like they did with ME and DA, in both only the first one was worth be called a RPG,

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Seem like EA is planning a DAoC 2 and would rather have the original Developer's name on the box. 

Interesting.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

Seem like EA is planning a DAoC 2 and would rather have the original Developer's name on the box. 

Interesting.

It would be horrible. EA doesn't have the original people that created Mythic.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot