Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Cinder Kitten to Benefit Hurricane Sandy Victims

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Blizzard has announced that a special edition Cinder Cat will go on sale before the end of the year in World of Warcraft. Proceeds from the sales of the pet will be donated to relief efforts for Hurricane Sandy victims.

Support the Red Cross’s Superstorm Sandy Response relief efforts and adopt a Cinder Kitten when this fiery feline arrives in the Blizzard Store later this year. Your support will enable the Red Cross to provide shelter, food, emotional support, and other assistance to survivors of disasters like Superstorm Sandy with 100% of the $10 USD adoption fee during this charity drive going toward this worthy cause.

Read more on the World of Warcraft blog.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    this is a good thing. wish you would see more of this.

• IfrianMMOIfrianMMO Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Considering they give the 100% of the benefits to the cause, it is very noble.

• bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    aww its so cute

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Ya that's a great thing, I respect companies who do things like this, I also respect Microsoft for the same reasons.
  • IfrianMMOIfrianMMO Member UncommonPosts: 252

[mod edit]

Seems someone knows very little on how tax works, people but a product and blizzard donates 100% to this cause no right government will tax on those proceeds, nice try though. Btw that was the simple way of putting it, the other, you wouldn't understand.
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    People can say what they want about Blizzard, but they are really good about stepping up to help when times are bad.
  • ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Well done Blizzard, well done.
  • ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

People are dying,buy WoW now,like meow.God bless America.

Let's internet

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    And.... Another good showing of class, kudos to Blizz on this.
  • FaelanFaelan Member UncommonPosts: 819
    Cute, that's for sure. Not sure it's wise to keep it that close to flamable objects though :)

I'm a big ol' fluffy carewolf. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Wonder what would happen if the cat accidentally got thrown into a lake hahaha
  • Flaming_MMOFlaming_MMO Member Posts: 137
    100% of the donations will go to the Red Cross, but knowing the history of the Red Cross, what percentage of that money goes to actually helping the victims?  Its definitely a worthy cause, wanting to help out victims and give relief, I would not call the Red Cross a worthy organization however and would encourage people to do some actual research, there are better ways to give to those in need.

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940
    While this is certainly nice, they should simply donate 0.1% of the earnings each month and it would be way off the chart compared to this, which also makes players spend even more money on a game.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• AkumawraithAkumawraith Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Originally posted by Anireth
    While this is certainly nice, they should simply donate 0.1% of the earnings each month and it would be way off the chart compared to this, which also makes players spend even more money on a game.

That Crooked CEO of Activision Kotick would never agree to give .1% or any amount of monthly earnigs even for a few hours. Hes a greedy piece of trash that is intent on ruining everything he touches. It was a sad day when Blizzard sold out to Activision....

Played: UO, LotR, WoW, SWG, DDO, AoC, EVE, Warhammer, TF2, EQ2, SWTOR, TSW, CSS, KF, L4D, AoW, WoT

Playing: The Secret World until Citadel of Sorcery goes into Alpha testing.

Tired of: Linear quest games, dailies, and dumbed down games

Anticipating:Citadel of Sorcery

• AkumawraithAkumawraith Member UncommonPosts: 370
    That Crooked CEO of Activision Kotick would never agree to give .1% or any amount of monthly earnigs even for a few hours. Hes a greedy piece of trash that is intent on ruining everything he touches. It was a sad day when Blizzard sold out to Activision....

Played: UO, LotR, WoW, SWG, DDO, AoC, EVE, Warhammer, TF2, EQ2, SWTOR, TSW, CSS, KF, L4D, AoW, WoT

Playing: The Secret World until Citadel of Sorcery goes into Alpha testing.

Tired of: Linear quest games, dailies, and dumbed down games

Anticipating:Citadel of Sorcery