Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you could travel back in time and tell the Pre-SWTOR-Beta "You" something about SWTOR, what would

If you could travel back in time and tell the Pre-SWTOR-Beta "You" something about SWTOR, what would you tell yourself?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• LizardKing89LizardKing89 Member UncommonPosts: 61
    As much as the game looks awesome don't buy it and don't give away all your gold in wow thinking you will never go back.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

If I could travel back in time, I would have saved myself from wasting 300 bucks on two CE boxes! /Facepalm

What a waste of money that was! /cry

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Off-topic, but when did the discontent for SWTOR begin exactly?
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    use the money on a bottle of crown and some beer. it will be way more fun than this turd of a game.
  • NavekNavek Member UncommonPosts: 71
    I would have told myself to save the £50, and stick with Rift.
  • tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    "Run Luke, run!"
  • LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    If you could travel back in time and tell the Pre-SWTOR-Beta "You" something about SWTOR, what would you tell yourself?

Don't sub. It will be F2P within a year.

It's a mediocre game that will be easily forgotten.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I know you're desperate for something to play as theres Been nothing out for awhile, but for gods sake don't do it man, its EA.

One of the few mmos where I wasted my money.
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Don't give up on it so quickly, because as far as themeparks go, it's one of the more entertaining ones.

Joined - July 2004

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    I'd tell myself not to buy it, like every other MMO I have bought this year I have got as many hours out of them as a normal single player game before ditching them. I have a problem.

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620
    That it's a fine game worth playing for a few months but nothing amazing, which is pretty much what I was expecting pre-beta.
  • thefang01thefang01 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    "Go ahead and try it. It's pretty much what you expect and it will entertain you longer than most MMOs since EQ2. Unfortunately it's not as good as the hype suggests."
  • IfrianMMOIfrianMMO Member UncommonPosts: 252

As awesome as it looks, pass on it.

You will stop playing before you reach the 30´s .

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    " Your going to have the best fun you ever had playing an MMO along with daily intensified hate from the usual suspects for side entertainment."

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by sirphobos
    That it's a fine game worth playing for a few months but nothing amazing, which is pretty much what I was expecting pre-beta.

This... the only MMO I have regretted buying was STO.

• Rommie10-284Rommie10-284 Member UncommonPosts: 265

That the obvious signs of Bioware not knowing squat about managing a MMO is not an illusion.

Trust your feelings and save your money, even if you can afford it.  Space Combat relegated to a mini-game really does mean what it signals, and that Bioware really has made one giant g-dd-m mistake out of a Star Wars game!

At the very least, don't bother with the Collector's Edition, it's not worth it.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    To make sure I level an additional alt at the same time to take advantage of the initially large playerbase.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Play all the flashpoints you can at launch because the chance of getting a group for them after the population dies down will be very slim.

Don't get the CE...it will go F2P and EA will play you for a fool.

This is not your new MMORPG home.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

I remember late spring-early summer last year we told Bioware that we did NOT want a WoW clone and when they patched the game in August, we got a WoW clone. That's when I should've known what was coming, actually I only logged in twice after August, I lost interest in beta testing the game. I didn't pre-order the game, but I did buy the game at midnight release, there was a lineup outside Gamestop before 12am.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    "If you continue to follow this game it will ruin your gaming life for the next 8 months."

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

I would tell myself not to even bother with beta for the year I was in it. They didn't listen to any of the concerns and feedback we gave them in beta, those concerns/feedback were the problems people had with the game at release.

EA/Bioware dearly paid for it just like we knew they would when the game released and people complained about the very same things we pointed out in beta and were ignored.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Buy it, install it, play it until you tire of it, and then play something else.

It's not going to be eternal entertainment for fifty bucks, but then nothing ever has or will be.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I wouldn't change anything actually.

I had a great time (for the most part) for the first 6-8 weeks. Then I unsubscribed.

I guess getting two months of enjoyment out of a 75$ investment isn't too shabby in my eyes.

Definitely was not worth a continued subscription to me, but after next week maybe I'll check back in from time to time.

• cdesteycdestey Member Posts: 70

Save your money... for the divorce.

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    To save my money.