Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Legends: League of Legends MMO- How would it work?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

idea

World of Legends

How would you like a League of Legend MMO to function?

What sort of gameplay elements would you look for in a MMO based on LEoLE?

Would you like World of Legends to be a MMOFPS or MMORPG?

Would it have Factions or FFA form of PvP?

How would you like PvE to work?

Storyline would be the most interesting. I thinking something along the lines of Silver Surfer or something crazy here.

on a Scale of 1-10  (1 being Sandbox, 10 being themepark) where would you like to see World of Legends?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• robthemaniacrobthemaniac Member Posts: 57

I think it would have potential to be AMAZING. The team has done so well with the lore, connecting everything together etc.

Damacia vs Noxious? Three factions? 

They already have the competitive scene on lock down, so if they could work a decent PVP system in they could print money

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    I think it would make more sense to create an RTS and world from the IP before diving into it as an MMO.
  • ConsequenceConsequence Member UncommonPosts: 358
    It would not work because there would 100 million Teemos running around shrooming up the entire world. They would prolly all be called "legolas" or some variation too.  Every square inch of the world would be Shrooomed.
  • Threatlevel0Threatlevel0 Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Originally posted by Consequence
    Every square inch of the world would be Shrooomed.

I don't understand the problem?

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    LoL mmo would be epic.

So many races and different areas. Ionia, demacia, noxus, bandle city, odyn valley (now known as crystal scar), frejnord, shadow isles, and our favorite monster infested dimension - the void.

A better way to handle an mmo would be something like exploring outside of valoran, the continent in league of legends

Considering that riot helped smite, they should use smites control scheme and make it sandboxy! Like darkfall!

The problem is that right now, wars are handled in the league of legends. So an mmo would probably be something like the void breaking and stuff. But then again i like the more chill nature of the areas in lol.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

idea

World of Legends

Storyline would be the most interesting. I thinking something along the lines of Silver Surfer or something crazy here.

on a Scale of 1-10  (1 being Sandbox, 10 being themepark) where would you like to see World of Legends?

Not everything needs to be an MMO. LoL is a good game not because of the storyline, or world (there is none) design. It is a good game because of good e-sport gameplay.

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,106
    Originally posted by Consequence
    It would not work because there would 100 million Teemos running around shrooming up the entire world. They would prolly all be called "legolas" or some variation too.  Every square inch of the world would be Shrooomed.

My first thought was the same thing, but I assume you'd be able to make your own build based off others. Would probably be the items that set you a part the most.

As for the legolas comment, your comment is just as old and tiresome as people actually naming themselves that. Which I RARELY ever saw.

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

seems cool but how would lore / factions work..its just not that type of game..maybe use the char.s in LoL as NPC's and create yur own legend type char with a very deep char. creation ...maybe a char. creation type  along the lines like spore...everyone would look totally different..btw ..any1 know why no1 has used a char. creation system like you do in spore? just saying..it would be great ploped into a mmo imo..maybe

• LeegOfChldrnLeegOfChldrn Member Posts: 364
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

idea

World of Legends

Not everything needs to be an MMO. LoL is a good game not because of the storyline, or world (there is none) design. It is a good game because of good e-sport gameplay.

The e-sport part is irrelevant.

The game just has good gameplay for everyone from casual to hardcore.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    got to admit the idea was imspired by the cinematic LoL ad on the MMORPG.com site.

looks cool for a large scale war MMO if it had 3D view graphics and gameplay.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• LoLifeLoLife Member CommonPosts: 174
    World of Legends sounds awesome image
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Well its got about as much lore as Warcraft did and they made it an MMo, even if its less focused in LoL. Don't expect to be playing League characters in it though, maybe seeing them around.
  • OtomoxOtomox Member UncommonPosts: 303
    It would be the biggest casual shit mmo ever created with an f2p shop that is full of gimmick items.
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by Otomox
    It would be the biggest casual shit mmo ever created with an f2p shop that is full of gimmick items.

With a vulgar, pre-pubescent insane fan boy base that could rival GW2.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• DisdenaDisdena Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

I agree. Little of the gameplay would be preserved in the translation from MOBA to MMO. Without the gameplay, all you have left are the characters and setting. As much as I like LoL, I would have no particular inclination to play a completely different game with Malphite, Graves, and Sona in it.