Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you could travel back in time and tell the Pre-Warhammer-Beta "You" something about Warhammer, wh

If you could travel back in time and tell the Pre-Warhammer-Beta "You" something about Warhammer, what would you tell yourself?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919

"Is this game worth having a look at?"

I haven't checked it out yet, so maybe telling my past self would yield some answers XD.

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219
    Not a bad game, but overall severely limited due to lack of 3-factions - and choose bright wizard. ;)
  • NidwinNidwin Member Posts: 94
    Stop what you're doing and implement 1.4.x RvR system now. :-)
    Originally posted by Enigmatus

"Is this game worth having a look at?"

I haven't checked it out yet, so maybe telling my past self would yield some answers XD.

It depends what you're looking for. Just don't expect any kind of PVE experience, except LoTD once 40, as it's all about player driven only PvP/RvR. I'm still playing it and don't see myself quit anytime soon.

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    If you could travel back in time and tell the Pre-Warhammer-Beta "You" something about Warhammer, what would you tell yourself?

Are you going to do this with every single MMO ever made, the novelty has kind of warn off.

• TigerAeroTigerAero Member Posts: 127
    People will max this crap way too fast and it's the community of gamers that will ruin this game. Remnd them to just slow down a little.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    1.4 sucked, that drove me out. Stupid rez in keeps, dress as a rat, wow style wtfpwn gear and rvr for dummies introduced by bioware.

1.2 & 1.3 were the "good" versions.

Anyway I would tell myself. "this isn't mythic anymore its EA"
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627

Not to buy two collector editions

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

Now it seems you are just spamming. 

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271

I would tell myself "you're right in not believing your adamant friends that WAR is going to kill WOW".

Basically, waste of a trip.

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    I really liked warhammer -- the biggest problem I had with it was that I was merged into a server where altdorf was sacked 4 times per day in complete inbalance.  It would probably be simple enough as to say "when your guild changes servers from the merge after drifting castle, go the opposite way of your guild because they are going into a trap."
  • KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 606

It would have to be... "Buy more than three collector's editions and sell them ALL on ebay."

I got three and sold two on ebay for $300 each. (Cost $80 each) And kept one. Man I wish I had more to sell back then.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• TheodwulfTheodwulf Member UncommonPosts: 311

I would say "It's all hype, no substance! it's an aweful game! great ideas poorly executed!  Don't buy a new computer to play it, it's just not worth it! "

I played an IronBreaker, about a month after launch, which only seemed to be fun soloing, leveling was mostly fun, PvP was a torture(and I enjoy PvP). All this game made me do was go back to WoW and be more "serious" with it.

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491
    This is a linear game that will end very soon.  However, you will have a lot of fun for about a month.  Oh, and DON'T order the CE.  Dangit!
  • azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

the devs are not going to fix anything

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• aWRAYaWRAY Member Posts: 84

Enjoy the first couple months after launch while the game (RvR) is fresh and the population is booming.

It goes downhill from there

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

"Warhammer REALLY IS a game about mass miniatures, not just a single champion"

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

"This game will establish the gold standard for PVP title crash-and-burn that will last many years."

Actually, that's a little unfair, I never did give this title it's "one years later" second look.

P.S. Yes, we all hate necros.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    Prepare to have a very fun great outstanding time in S1, S2, S3... then prepare to have the game turn into utter gear-based trash in S4.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    Hey bro, its yoursef. Just thought I'd travel back in time and tell you good job for doing all the research you do on the games you buy. It's gonna save you a shitload of money and continue to do so into the future. By the way im coming at you from 2013. It sucks here dude. Play as much SWG as you can because they're going to shut it down completely in 2011. Later.
    Originally posted by Icewhite

"This game will establish the gold standard for PVP title crash-and-burn that will last many years."

Actually, that's a little unfair, I never did give this title it's "one years later" second look.

P.S. Yes, we all hate necros.

And that's a good thing for us.

Nidwinqq rr97 Magus (wahammer online AoR fanboy)

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

"hey dude i know your excited to just got into alpha a year out before it even comes out, but guess what!? Despite what you or any other says about the core game design they wont care"

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• dynamicipftwdynamicipftw Member UncommonPosts: 206
    "Stop preordering MMOs. Wait a month after release and if then people say it's good try or buy it"
  • FluxiiFluxii Member Posts: 184
    Originally posted by Punk999

"hey dude i know your excited to just got into alpha a year out before it even comes out, but guess what!? Despite what you or any other says about the core game design they wont care"

This is one of the few games I actually got into Alpha too (as opposed to a real closed BETA (not paid closed)) and you can attest to the fact, that though many things didn't turn out the way people may have wanted, remember they did delay the game almost 6 months because they did MAJOR overhauls to several of the systems in the game when it was getting close to launch.

People just weren't happy with a lot of things.  Also, they left out 2 of the major classes initally because they were working on overhauling so many of the systems to meet player feedback.  In the end it was still meh.  They revamped the whole class progression system several times before launch which was trust me, better than what they were thinking about going with at one point.

I actually did enjoy the game for quite a while but the top end never was fleshed out right and the population dwindled.  Shoulda gone F2P long ago.  Instead they make Wrath of Heroes. Brilliant.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

BWs will get nerfed...

Wait :(