Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Still better then your mmo.

2»

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by romanator0
    Originally posted by tocsix Wasnt the second coming of Christ like its delusional following thought, nevermind THE wow killer.. fact is fact
    The only people who called it the second coming were the people who said it wasn't.

Yeah like that guy who called it "the messiah" in "that thread".....

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• ShiotcrockShiotcrock Member Posts: 87

I hated this game at launch (THen I turned off post processing created a new character)  I even had to buy another account cause my first one was bugged. The best part about this game is free and you can play at  your will. I think this game has lots of room to expand and go into different directions that other MMOS can't because of the graphics engine and whatnot.

The only other current game I can compare it to is Rift but guess what you gotta pay for those Big Aggro Rift Raid bosses =)

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    I got utterly bored of this after a week of playing and have not started it up since..
  • SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    I am still playing, I have 5 characters, none of them over level 30, I routinely delete ones and start again as I refuse to buy more character slots. It's an OK game for when there is nothing else to do, I play probably 2-3 hours a week.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    Originally posted by SlickShoes
    I am still playing, I have 5 characters, none of them over level 30, I routinely delete ones and start again as I refuse to buy more character slots. It's an OK game for when there is nothing else to do, I play probably 2-3 hours a week.

Why you refuse to go over level 30 :D ? I'm curious. You can't find class you like? Altoholic?

• sleepr27sleepr27 Member UncommonPosts: 102

It's so good that i stopped playing 8 days after launch and made me went straight to my previous MMO. 

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    ok bro

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by Zeus.CM

Why you refuse to go over level 30 :D ? I'm curious. You can't find class you like? Altoholic?

If I knew i'd be over level 30 already haha, I have two characters at level 28, but I have altoholism in this game, I cant stick to one class at all, I play one for a couple of hours and then next time I play I want to play another, this cycle continues and with me not playing many hours I am still under level 30. 

I am playing with a friend who is very limited in play time so we are both at the same level for main characters but we only play those once a week together, or probably never now that he has bought halo 4.

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by romanator0
    Originally posted by tocsix
    Wasnt the second coming of Christ like its delusional following thought, nevermind THE wow killer.. fact is fact

The only people who called it the second coming were the people who said it wasn't.

It's not so much the fanbase using that word but the overall tone of posts before launch actig like it really was the second coming.

As for the OP, well i'm happy you're having fun. If i remember correctly, you used to be a huge TERA and didn't like GW2, but have since then "converted" (lol, sorry, lack of a better tem right now).

If you're having fun and loving it, cool. If you have to make pointless threads, cool story bro.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

For me GW2 = best mmo ever made - Fact

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Originally posted by Zeus.CM

That's my problem. That and the game just doesn't have the hook I need to keep me coming back everyday. I enjoy playing it, just not all the time.

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

i concure and thereby strengthen the status of the FACT.

So its even more FACT now. stop the useless discussion.

there has never been a better game.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533
    Originally posted by Mothanos

For me GW2 = best mmo ever made - Fact

Ditto. 

Its the most  musically and environmentally artistic mmo I've ever played.  Game play is challenging.  I could get to 1 to 60 in WoW and maybe die twice while questing.  Here death is much more common.  I haven't tried PVP yet, but so far my friend and I are loving the game. 

Its the best mmorpg I've ever played.  Well done Anet. 

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    @OP:  Set goals, huh?  What if I've hit 80, finished my personal story, finished the map to 100% completion, wearing full exotics, 400 crafting profession(that was just pointless)?  What goal is there left to set seeing as I've finished all the available content I enjoy?  Legendaries?  No thanks.  Running dungeons, that aren't very fun mind you, ad nauseum for a cosmetic upgrade?  No thanks.   I'll say it again, the game has serious LONGEVITY issues.  Playing alts just isn't as fun once you've seen it all.  Game feels more like a singleplayer RPG that I enjoyed for my month of playtime and than put on a shelf.  Was worth the box fee, but not worth my "time" after I "beat" the game.
  • jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

GW2 is a solid game.

I like some of the mechanics and graphics look nice.

However, the lore / char / story is just absolutely god-awful.

I really want to know why the story ends up being what it is, or why none of the chars have a good arc or the lore.. the lore.. -.-

I don't see why they thought the sudden 'shift of focus' was a good idea or why they decided to not close out story arcs and pretend it didn't happened etc etc.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• ImperialSunImperialSun Member Posts: 212
    [mod edit]
  • wireded21wireded21 Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Originally posted by JimmyYO

Easily the most pointless MMO ever made. You get every ability that matters by level 8 and the game provides no incentive to do anything. The first actual single player MMO i've ever played and somehow even more casual then WoW, if thats possible.

6.5/10

This...

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273

Let me put it this way:

I'd rather re-subscribe to WoW (a game that's been dead to me for years) than play GW2 again. I lasted two weeks, forcing myself to "enjoy" the pointless nature of all its activities until I couldn't stand it anymore.

Oh, I liked the exploration (the parts that weren't shown on the map and which weren't another hollow "achievement") - and I liked the feel of combat.

But that's about it.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

As for the OP, well i'm happy you're having fun. If i remember correctly, you used to be a huge TERA and didn't like GW2, but have since then "converted" (lol, sorry, lack of a better tem right now).

If you're having fun and loving it, cool. If you have to make pointless threads, cool story bro.

Loved Tera. Great idea just very wrong. No end game. Not enough "systems" in game to make it worth a sub. Combat as utterly amazing though. Tactical action. Never imagined GW2 being so much more my style. Especially when I was going to most likely just take a break and wait for Blade and Soul. SO glad to have a game to call my home. Tyria my love.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616
    [mod edit]

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Originally posted by elocke
    @OP:  Set goals, huh?  What if I've hit 80, finished my personal story, finished the map to 100% completion, wearing full exotics, 400 crafting profession(that was just pointless)?  What goal is there left to set seeing as I've finished all the available content I enjoy?  Legendaries?  No thanks.  Running dungeons, that aren't very fun mind you, ad nauseum for a cosmetic upgrade?  No thanks.   I'll say it again, the game has serious LONGEVITY issues.  Playing alts just isn't as fun once you've seen it all.  Game feels more like a singleplayer RPG that I enjoyed for my month of playtime and than put on a shelf.  Was worth the box fee, but not worth my "time" after I "beat" the game.

What goals do you have in other mmo's ?
    Gear up
    /logout ?

Stand in major city hub showing your baddass armor ?

Evrything in GW2 is made to hafe fun and a challange, i bet you missed that as you where used to follow easy farm eyes closed dungeons runs and AoE shit down wihout an effort.

For 55 euro you get a TON of contend + contend for free next week.
    All these cry baby's trying to bash on GW2 is hilarious.

Anet did a perfect job on GW2, no other mmo offers this much fun and contend - fact

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

Pointless threads are what the interwebz is all about. Opinions all over the place. It's scary out here.

Tip of the day: Video games are fun.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Originally posted by elocke

What goals do you have in other mmo's ?
    Gear up
    /logout ?

Stand in major city hub showing your baddass armor ?

Evrything in GW2 is made to hafe fun and a challange, i bet you missed that as you where used to follow easy farm eyes closed dungeons runs and AoE shit down wihout an effort.

For 55 euro you get a TON of contend + contend for free next week.
    All these cry baby's trying to bash on GW2 is hilarious.

Anet did a perfect job on GW2, no other mmo offers this much fun and contend - fact

If they made the game to "have fun" - then why are so many people so bored with it? If that's a perfect job - then you must have very low standards.

This discussion has been closed.