Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF game with wonderful graphics and smooth combat

SimsejensenSimsejensen Member UncommonPosts: 51

Greetings.

Im looking for a MMORPG with :

- beatiful graphics, by that - i DONT mean "cartoonish". More "real world alike".

- The game must have a decent population.

- Smooth combat

- Some kind of PvP is a plus

- Some Crafting is also a plus

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Simsejensen
    Greetings. Im looking for a MMORPG with :- beatiful graphics, by that - i DONT mean "cartoonish". More "real world alike".- The game must have a decent population.- Smooth combat- Some kind of PvP is a plus- Some Crafting is also a plus

AoC might fit in nicely. Combat is one of the most fluid I have ever seen.

Also, it is not grpahics but aesthetics you are describing. 2 different things.

• SimsejensenSimsejensen Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Greetings.

Im looking for a MMORPG with :

- beatiful graphics, by that - i DONT mean "cartoonish". More "real world alike".

- The game must have a decent population.

- Smooth combat

- Some kind of PvP is a plus

- Some Crafting is also a plus

AoC might fit in nicely. Combat is one of the most fluid I have ever seen.

Also, it is not grpahics but aesthetics you are describing. 2 different things.

Isnt AoC dead ?

I tried it about 10-12 months ago, and wasnt that enjoyable. Not very populated, alot of bots, and ruined by "x" language in chat constantly.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    GW2. Best looking world I've ever seen in an MMO. It caters more towards the casual player though and I wouldn't recommend it if you are an MMO traditionalist as this game defies the rules the standard fare.
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    On phone And I can't edit last post. You may also want to wait until nov 20 for darkfall unholy wars. This caters to a more hardcore audience though.
  • KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794

The Secret World is ideal from what you described.

Only truly dx11 mmo on the market that fully uses teslation with realistic graphics. From technical point of view its the best looking mmo on the market and at the same time one with best performance.

Good crafting that makes sense for a change and mixes well with actual dungeon drops

PvP is an option through persistent warzones or battlegrounds

All shards are connected to make 1 mega server, so the game always feels busy and well populated

PS: Darkfall got terible graphics and animation tho. And its all out pvp fest. If you like pvp then go for it but if you want pve then dont get near it. Its very hardcore game. for better or worse. Not very polished sadly.

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• notusernotuser Member Posts: 12
    not in this earth...
  • nollonollo Member Posts: 5

Hi

I am a 10 year EQ vet, and I wanted something with amazing graphics and fluid combat, along with in depth adventure and the need for grouping within the game ( so that i find fun dungoen crawls nice and easy)

The game I am in love with right now is Vanguard, FTP and easy DL off steam. And its designers had a ton of love for this game, the graphics are amazing, class system is on point. The combat is super smooth and fluid, and FAST. my sorcerer drops the nukes like a thunderstorm, and my disciple is healing a entire group while dishing flying kicks. 

Not to mention the world is JAW DROPPING beautiful, dungoens in the sky, rentable Flying mounts, no zone lines, you can visibly see 4 or 5 zones away ( they are called chunks and you just briefly pause but no zonining windows), even dungoens are seemless in the world. Its a very very beautiful world, and no real RUSH for 55, because there are like 25 dungoens and adventures in the 18-26 level range alone. 

I am gonna log in now Tollorin my Death Knight! nothing like stumbling into a party and AE lifetap and aggro ultra badass mega tanking! 

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    Tera has the above.   THe combat is lots of fun and really awesome, but every other system in the game like crafting/leveling/questing is verbatium copied from the EQ/WoW baseline.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Isnt AoC dead ? I tried it about 10-12 months ago, and wasnt that enjoyable. Not very populated, alot of bots, and ruined by "x" language in chat constantly.

I cannot say that is my experience.