Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Latest Patch to Deploy Today

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

En Masse Entertainment has announced that the latest patch for TERA will be deployed today. The patch brings several important bug fixes, new campfires as well as alterations to the Battlefield system.

• New campfires are available from the battlegrounds.

• Charming Campfire

• charms burned last 30 minutes

• purple flame differentiates from other campfires

• Hasty Campfire

• stamina restores at double the rate

• blue flame differentiates from other campfires

Check out the full patch notes on the TERA site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676

The problem here is that there is so little end content to begin with. Tweaks simpy aren't going to bring large player numbers in. It needs either a large cash injection so the resource can be put in, or switch to a ftp model.

Again, this game falls into the "if only" bracket that several others occupy. The combat is good, the graphics and environment are right at the top. If only they could have a decent amount of end content - oh, and bin the RNG.

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Tera needs more rpg content like housing, more emotes, larger zones, and better GMs.
  • LurvLurv Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Yes they do. Totally agree. Whatever happened touildings with doors? Like the inns in WoW. I miss that. It just gave a better depth to the world itself. And maybe being able to swim underwater for some underwater content? Larger zones sure. But there are uncharted areas on the map undeveloped. And can we get rid of the invisible walls. For seriously. Some places are just so tempting to jump from.

Getting too old for this $&17!

• samvenicesamvenice Member UncommonPosts: 153

I think it's time to accept the fact that if a game at release is lacking something (whatever that something is), that something is never gonna happen in a timely fashion. If it ever happens, it will be way too late, like the final blaze of the setting sun.

This BS "it's beta" / "it's just released, give it time" / "they will fix it" - history proved that this overly tolerant attitude by the customer base lead to nothing. TERA, sadly and regardless of how much I am in love with the game, was no different.

I gave enmasse enough money, supported them with my "disposable income": but before launch I promised myself it was the last time I would "give someone time to pull themselves together".

Seriously guys: if a product is released unfinished, crippled, with features removed or whatever - stop being rabid fanbois, do yourself (and your fellow gamers) a favor and don't give 'em a dime! :) 

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841
    I'd probably play this is the questing wasn't so boring. It's just killing stuff by yourself until you have to fight a giant monster or do a hard dungeon. The community in this game is horrible. The combat and the graphics/designs are the only thing that makes the game note-worthy. The linear story line that everyone has is just goofy and pointless.
  • DeeterDeeter Member UncommonPosts: 135
    I got bored when every single zone became just this pretty, flat landscape with the exact same quest campsites repeated ad nausem. Like seriously they all look exactly the same. Lmfao!
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Pointless patch. This game needs better fleshed out end game PvP and/or PvE and the devs have shown few signs that they are working on anything but small things like in this patch.
  • moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    This game would do tons better if it wasnt this game. I died a little inside when I uninstalled it off my gimpy hard drive. Another 2012 let down. =(
  • AesowhreapAesowhreap Member Posts: 78
    Are the combat skills in this game done by skill bar.

Best Regards, ...

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Pointless patch. This game needs better fleshed out end game PvP and/or PvE and the devs have shown few signs that they are working on anything but small things like in this patch.

Yeah I kind of agree.

I still have my sub and I still log in but I'm waiting for something more than repeated raid like end game content.

Though I have nothing against battle grounds I would love them to add more to world pvp. Maybe even some sort of complexity added to the voting system where a guildwho is voted as a vanarch has more abilities, resources or "whatever" to fight off an invasion of an opposing guild.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Aesowhreap
    Are the combat skills in this game done by skill bar.

Yes, but you have an aiming reticle and no mouse unless you bring up the toolbar, so... you can't clicky clicky.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by Yamota

Yeah I kind of agree.

I still have my sub and I still log in but I'm waiting for something more than repeated raid like end game content.

Though I have nothing against battle grounds I would love them to add more to world pvp. Maybe even some sort of complexity added to the voting system where a guildwho is voted as a vanarch has more abilities, resources or "whatever" to fight off an invasion of an opposing guild.

Actually November 2nd ranked 3v3 Arena's were released in Korea.

But as for fleshing out Vanarch, finishing Guild Housing and adding OWPVP content, yeah it was all planned but BHS never got around to it, hopefully they will soon or something interesting is coming as EME and Frogster have both stated there's "BIG NEWS" coming to TERA late this year/early 2013.

Also this is coming up this weekend...

http://tera.enmasse.com/canyon-clash