Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting Over

Comments

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    I have never played this game but looked at it a couple of times. Just wonder if you take completely new players? Found the CE on steam after reading this post and debating on it. May have to do the free trial for 2 wks and decide.
  • lat00uklat00uk Member Posts: 28
    Originally posted by Yizle
    I have never played this game but looked at it a couple of times. Just wonder if you take completely new players? Found the CE on steam after reading this post and debating on it. May have to do the free trial for 2 wks and decide.

Im in hte exact same position, I never played FF11 and have only just started found it very confusing to begin with as I am used to the WoW, LotRO, EQ2 way of MMO's with the quest giver clearly marked, but got about an hour last night to try and work out what I am supposed to be doing, only a little level 4 WHM atm but getting used to the controls etc.

I still dont have a clue how I contact anyone in game to get a pearl, but Im just gonna play as I am doing till about 15 then I can work out how to do that.

• couponforkcouponfork Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Originally posted by Silok
    Originally posted by Shikoba

So I came accross this topic and bought the game on steam. I had missed my chance to really get to enjoy this game and this sounds really great because I had really wanted to try it and see what all it had to offer. I was playing FFXIV and am looking forward to 2.0 when it hits next year, but with the servers going down till then it is a good time to jump on this game.

Got a lot of downloading to do it seems. But I should be on at some point this weekend and will try to contact one of the members!

Cool, i begin the adventure yesterday, so now im re-learning a little bit (been i while i didnt play). Glad to see more peoples coming up. If you have question just feel free to ask. And go to the linkshell website. You can find the link on a previous post.

I started out fairly new, played the game a few years back - never got very good at it. This LS has been nothing but helpful, answering all my questions, helping me with obtaining my subjob, forming parties. If you are interested in starting FFXI I'd defintely suggest joining our LS.

• NethienNethien Member Posts: 26

@Yizle of course we take new players!!! all you have to do is contact us in game and we will get you a pearl!

For all other new players having difficulties getting ahold of us in game use this command to find us

/sea all Razela. you can also replace Razela with Xeponia, Tedlar, Laucian, or Nosfere and it will let you know if we are online.

If we are just select us from the list and send us a tell. If you feel more comfortable with us seeking you, post your ingame name on this forum, or our forums and will we locate you and get you in!

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Well I will have to give this a look. Probably dl the trial first then decide. Since the website is seriously lacking on the Jobs info and better details know of any links? Figure out which way to go. I usually run caster types or range. Sometimes monk or DK(EQ1 and 2 as well as a couple others). Samurai may be interesting.
  • InktomiInktomi Member UncommonPosts: 663
    Originally posted by Xepo

Just a quick update on the LS. As of today we have grown in numbers. We have on average 10-15 regular players on every night. We are gearing to do the Shadow Lord fight soon and will be attempting it with full AF1 gear and capped at level 60. We hold (as close to) traditional XP parties in various zones to max out the book bonuses for the appropriate levels. 

It has been nice to see many new friendships being made between the core members and especially the ones using Teamspeak. Hop in and grab a LS pearl! We will have a slice of pizza waiting for you :P

What server are you on. I have a 90 NIN that is needing some dusting off. There was a LS that started a while back trying to capture that nostalgia. It did really well then there was a server merge which ended up with the LS breaking up because of an absentee leader and some good ole drama. I had left way before the chocobo poop hit the fan.

Very interested into looking into FFXI again. Always wanted to do an RDM.

@Inktomi we are on Pheonix, come on down, we would love to have ya
  • couponforkcouponfork Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Originally posted by Yizle
    Well I will have to give this a look. Probably dl the trial first then decide. Since the website is seriously lacking on the Jobs info and better details know of any links? Figure out which way to go. I usually run caster types or range. Sometimes monk or DK(EQ1 and 2 as well as a couple others). Samurai may be interesting.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Jobs

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by Inktomi
    Originally posted by Xepo

Just a quick update on the LS. As of today we have grown in numbers. We have on average 10-15 regular players on every night. We are gearing to do the Shadow Lord fight soon and will be attempting it with full AF1 gear and capped at level 60. We hold (as close to) traditional XP parties in various zones to max out the book bonuses for the appropriate levels. 

It has been nice to see many new friendships being made between the core members and especially the ones using Teamspeak. Hop in and grab a LS pearl! We will have a slice of pizza waiting for you :P

What server are you on. I have a 90 NIN that is needing some dusting off. There was a LS that started a while back trying to capture that nostalgia. It did really well then there was a server merge which ended up with the LS breaking up because of an absentee leader and some good ole drama. I had left way before the chocobo poop hit the fan.

Very interested into looking into FFXI again. Always wanted to do an RDM.

Pheonix server. Send a tell to Razela, Xeponia, Laucian, Tedlar, or Nosfere to get a pearl.

• InktomiInktomi Member UncommonPosts: 663
    Originally posted by Nethien
    @Inktomi we are on Pheonix, come on down, we would love to have ya

Thank you for the invite. I have to re-DL my steam client FFXI software, update playonline. My char is on phoenix, named Inktomi. I will send someone a tell when I am up and running.

See you ingame!

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566
    I've decided to give this game ago although i have lost my login info. I'm on the trial but hopefully i'll see someone in game!
  • humperhumper Member Posts: 12
    There's still poeple on who still do old school level either with linkshell mates or finding them. it is diffcult at times but they're out there.
  • DoomedfoxDoomedfox Member UncommonPosts: 679

This is very tempting i would love to get some of the oldschool feel back

but i do not want to start all over again i did so multiple times already and would just want to keep playing with my actual charackter is that possible in this ls?

• humperhumper Member Posts: 12
    I'm not sure what your question was acting aimming for... but fact in point, it's wise to create one race, they you would enjoy keep him or her, create the job (class) that you would like to try, each job will start you at level 1, I would not think any linkshell would have an issue with this, many players do this in game. Not uncommon.

Hello everyone! sorry for being vacant in these forums, really busy playing XI :-D

Just wanted to stop by and let potential new players that we are still very active and still accepting players of any level, or experience level!

• stikxsstikxs Member Posts: 3
    I've tried searching for the toon names listed in the last couple pages but haven't found anyone. What time are people usually on?
  • Theft82Theft82 Member Posts: 16
    Man I am wanting in on this stuff! Where do I sign up?:)
  • Kozmo14Kozmo14 Member UncommonPosts: 53

Any updates on the LS? Im very interested in doing this if you guys are still rolling.

Games. Music. Metal. ROLL TIDE!!!

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090
    Seems like it may be dead since nobody has responded in several months.  I'm getting that urge to return myself, but my character is on Fenrir, thus if I did I would return there and continue the journey!  My character is far too developed and deep in the storyline to restart now, but if I did I wouldn't mind helping new or returning players get past hurdles that require higher level help...
  • Kozmo14Kozmo14 Member UncommonPosts: 53

I would do the same but I havent played since Treasures. I remember my log in was something SE generated and and cant for the life of me remember what that log in was. It would be for the best for me to start over though, as I seriously don't remember anything about the story, or even how to play the jobs for that matter. If I were to pick my old account up I would simply be lost, and then quit a few days later. If this LS is still kicking however I'm totally down to pick it back up, start over and join.

Games. Music. Metal. ROLL TIDE!!!

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

Kozmo even if you do start completely over you'll be able to catch up to your old character in no time. The game has changed that drastrically. I had lost all my account info so started a new account but when my pc crashed after about 4 weeks of playing I dusted off my old pc in the garage and all my old info was on it still. By that point I wasn't at the same point I was actually higher. My old char had a few 75s but my new char was lvl 90 something. Now I have two chars.

The point is in a matter of a few weeks you can get catch up to your old char even if it was 75 with multiple 75s.

The part that will take some time is missions but you can easily solo all of that because they removed any and all level caps from them. They also changed the drop rate on lvl cap items, and testimonies for maat drop faster and can be used multiple times if you happen to fail. After that all the lvl caps are super easy until 95.

I'm not sure how the ls in this thread is doing but if any of you feel like to starting anew on ragnarok send me a pm. One of the linkshells I'm in is very friendly to new players and I can help you get in.

• DfixDfix Member UncommonPosts: 238
    Originally posted by Rhaegar707
    Originally posted by k11keeper

Kozmo even if you do start completely over you'll be able to catch up to your old character in no time. The game has changed that drastrically. I had lost all my account info so started a new account but when my pc crashed after about 4 weeks of playing I dusted off my old pc in the garage and all my old info was on it still. By that point I wasn't at the same point I was actually higher. My old char had a few 75s but my new char was lvl 90 something. Now I have two chars.

The point is in a matter of a few weeks you can get catch up to your old char even if it was 75 with multiple 75s.

The part that will take some time is missions but you can easily solo all of that because they removed any and all level caps from them. They also changed the drop rate on lvl cap items, and testimonies for maat drop faster and can be used multiple times if you happen to fail. After that all the lvl caps are super easy until 95.

I'm not sure how the ls in this thread is doing but if any of you feel like to starting anew on ragnarok send me a pm. One of the linkshells I'm in is very friendly to new players and I can help you get in.

(mod edit)

Two posts and all I see is whining and crying. You talk about how the game is bad now and how terrible it is that they changed the way the game is played. I still have yet to see you acknowledge the fact that if it were not for abyssea and the level cap increase the game would have died out a couple of years ago. 

I have been subbed to ffxi since early 2005 and watching the slow, steady decline of the game a few years ago had me worried that I would soon not be playing the game I loved. Abyssea brought new life to the game, period. You may not like it but at the same time you don't have to play it. Fact is, if nothing changed you probably still would not be playing it today. 

You also mentioned in another thread that leveling in FFXI was half the game? Spoken like a true newbie that never made it to endgame. Because if you had made it into an endgame shell you would have realized just how much content there was at 75. I love it when people come here and complain about abyssea still today. It shows just how little they know about the game they claim to love. Fact is most abyssea zones are dead now because people have played through all of the content. You don't want to play the game anymore? That's fine. But please at least attempt to educate yourself on the state of the game today.

Vivik-Cerberus
  • StandadeezyStandadeezy Member Posts: 23
    just curious if you guys ended up re-rolling and if you still play?! i would love to come back to the game and you seem like the kind of people i would love to play with. please get back to me.... currently downloading on steam just in case.
    Originally posted by Rhaegar707
    (mod edit)

Actually what's insulting is listening to what I assume to be a grown man cry and whine about a game he no longer plays "ur stupid"... I mean really? lol... I am active on these unofficial forums to give people info on the state of the game today. I was on Hades since it's inception and I reside on Cerb now. My wife and I have been subbed to the game for 8 years and counting now. 

Oh and btw they have added NPCs in every major town and XP hub that sells weapons and armor for lowbie characters so your AH reference is irrelevant and you would know that if you still played. Again people come here to get advice on playing the game not reasons to not play. 

You're spot on when you say abyssea brought new players that never experienced the original game. Your "facts" about old players is a bit skewed because I have been playing with the same group for about six years now. Not once have they mentioned this.

Your xbox reference is kinda funny since it's been on xbox since the beta in November of 2005. But your right "it was all those damn xbox kids that ruined it". Anyway I would love to go back and forth with you weekly about why you can't stop obsessing over a game you no longer play so please reply. 

Vivik-Cerberus

Like I have said before. I usually pop my head in these forums weekly to help out with questions about the state of the game today and try to point people in the right direction for good info. You on the other hand have nothing of value to add. You spew the am old rehashed crap for attention. It's the same old tired story over and over. “Abyssea ruined the game! No wait ToAU ruined the game, I played ffxi before it was mainstream so I'm better than you.“ Make up you mind already.

Trying to discredit the game when ToAU came out when the game was in it's golden years? Give me a break. XP chains broke the game? What the hell are you even talking about? You could XP chain at level 1 in Ron on T mobs. I think you're really grasping at straws now here. Maybe next you will tell everyone that NAs ruined the game and you played on a JP server...

This site gets no FFXI traffic because it is so far off the radar of FFXI players. I come here for general MMO news and to stop by the FFXI forums to see if people have questions. Other than that. I (like people who actually play the game) stick to BG, FFXIAH and Guildwork for FFXI related topics. Of course I'm sure you know that since you obviously keep your finger on the pulse of the FFXI community, right?

It takes a lot more than some troll to get my panties in a bunch. I'm glad I can have a conversation with someone that closes their replies with “!@#$ off loser” it helps me to understand the mentality of the person I am conversing with. Cheers!

Vivik-Cerberus