Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What does this game need for be a good MMO?

2»

Comments

• AesowhreapAesowhreap Member Posts: 78
    In a general sense I like mini games as part of mmo or mmorpg. 

Best Regards, ...

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    A relaunch as a sandbox, sorry...but a game as diverse as Star Wars, or Star Trek have way to much diversity to be anything but a sandbox.  The Kotor rpg's were fine, but in an mmo...this game was a waste of great diversity

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by RavingRabbid

IMO its a good game, but it could use the following:

1. Better Character customization

2. Xwing vs Tie fighter style Space combat

3. all worlds open pvp after Dromund Kass and Corusant with bonuses to boot and extreme penalties for lowbie ganking.

4, More planets to discover

5. Allow force users to use any kind of lightsaber

6 Divergant stories for your character that arent part your storyline or planet's.

This is just off top of my head.

+1 This would be awesome.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by afhn2110
    A relaunch as a sandbox, sorry...but a game as diverse as Star Wars, or Star Trek have way to much diversity to be anything but a sandbox.  The Kotor rpg's were fine, but in an mmo...this game was a waste of great diversity

SWG was a sandbox and look how well that did.

But I agree.  A sandbox world from a top rate developer would be great.

• XirikXirik Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by RefMinor
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    Originally posted by neobahamut20
    This topic was covered already by 1001 other posts... boringimage

But this answer hasn't:

It needs a complete remake. With me at its lead for I would push the game to be one for the players, not for investor's pockets as I believe that will come if the product is good. Not quite a match for EA's business model though.

It would be a great idea except that as far as I see no two players can ever agree what they would actually want in game... see SWTOR forums. I know I know... you all want a combination of TOR and SWG - hmmm how about making a big merge of two companies SOE buys EA or viceversa...  LOL

Btw I tried SWG but it was meh... but it's my opinion :)

Over 2m players have agreed what they don't want.

WoW has Millions more people who say the don't want it after trying it for awhile. Guess WoW is a failure going by your logic.

Isn't Swtor still the 2nd most subbed mmorpg?

Most mmo's have huge sub dropoffs because of drifters who are probably the majority of the people stating how much swtor sucks in this thread. They want something that has ALL of WoW's good moments no bugs and no grind. If WoW didn't have that grind it would have never been the success it was cause there was NOTHING to do at lvl cap in WoW in the begining It had 1 Raid.  and they handed lots of free time cause of server issues and bugs.

Nobody cared though because while there were "issues" the VAST majority of the players weren't lvl 60 yet and by the time they did hit the lvl cap they released another raid.

Now if you want SWG2 you will never get it. It was dying before NGE. NGE just ripped the wound open. 

-Xirik

Coming  Back to Swtor  in the near future.

"You have some serious mental issues you may need to seek some help for. There are others who post things, but do not post them in the way you do. Out of every person who posts crazy shit in this forum, you have some of the craziest and scariest" -FarReach

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by steelwind
    For me at least, a liviing breathing non corridor driven world. So imho unless it is rebuild from the ground up, my answer is due to the investment required to rebuild, there is very little that can actually be done.

I agree totally

• estevan274estevan274 Member UncommonPosts: 8

I think Bioware should re-think about skills.

There are too many and repetitive skills:

For example, the jedi has a lot of "attacks with the saber and deals damage" or "decreases the damage for a while".

This is a big issue in SWTOR gameplay, because it gives a feeling between "Simon" and a piano lesson.

5-6 primary skills (with some peculiar attribute) and some emergency skill should be more than enough.

• LifeEnderLifeEnder Member UncommonPosts: 45
    This game is still running ?
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by steelwind
    For me at least, a liviing breathing non corridor driven world. So imho unless it is rebuild from the ground up, my answer is due to the investment required to rebuild, there is very little that can actually be done.

^This.  Game is just too stale to play past a single character and even that was chore due to the extreme linear nature of the leveling.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

But this answer hasn't:

It needs a complete remake. With me at its lead for I would push the game to be one for the players, not for investor's pockets as I believe that will come if the product is good. Not quite a match for EA's business model though.

It would be a great idea except that as far as I see no two players can ever agree what they would actually want in game... see SWTOR forums. I know I know... you all want a combination of TOR and SWG - hmmm how about making a big merge of two companies SOE buys EA or viceversa...  LOL

Starting from Log In, a real character creator with "alien" choices. Pretty sure there is a large agreement on character creation being pretty lame. Something as simple as sliders would help. From there on a merge of SWG and SWTOR :D

Curious to when you tried SWG as the time line presents quite different games. If it was anytime in the last few years, you didn't try the game anyone here is talking about ;)

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by Eluldor

But this answer hasn't:

Starting from Log In, a real character creator with "alien" choices. Pretty sure there is a large agreement on character creation being pretty lame. Something as simple as sliders would help. From there on a merge of SWG and SWTOR :D

Curious to when you tried SWG as the time line presents quite different games. If it was anytime in the last few years, you didn't try the game anyone here is talking about ;)

When I played EQ2 I had Station Sony account which allowed me to have sub to all their games. At this time I bought Vanguard and SWG. It was probably around 2007 maybe 2008. I still have a box somewhere :)

Agree that character creation could be more finesse, but I am able to create toons that I love how they look so it does not bother me. You can have plenty of sliders and not be able to create the character you like... but sure would be nice improvement.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• Dahkot72Dahkot72 Member Posts: 261

I'd come back and sub if they would implement one thing I thought would be there all along.

Actual galactic war PVP , as in , even playing at launch on PVP servers I rarely ran into the enemy.

I don't want Huttball or such , I wanted those 100 vs 100 battles promised and advertised pre launch , I'd deal with the on rails feel and everything else just to have large scale Empire vs Republic battles going on.

Just a shame that was the part they screwed up on the worst (to me anyway).

• neobahamut20neobahamut20 Member Posts: 336

But this answer hasn't:

That is not how I manage projects.

Players want one thing really: Something different than the other games.

Customers want one thing: Something that fills their needs.

I would offer something different and better than what is out there as if they are looking for something, one can only logically conclude that nothing suits their needs. If I were to want to wake up and go to an office every single day, I'd be the revolution this industry needs.

Boycotting EA. Why? They suck, even moreso since 2008.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

full transforming in to WAR clone

remove cut scenes & voice acting,one server  for all world or some similar

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by lucasdeis
    the question is simple. what do you want in the game for play the game? example: world pvp

There is nothing they can do to fix this broken game.  Star Wars is dead imo.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    A new developer.
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

What do I need for me to play this game.

(1)  For it to stop looking like plastic. The armor in this game is hideous, most of it looks nothing star wars like at all.  The game needs to be more star wars iconic.

(2) Combat, well I honestly think they need a new engine to fix the combat animations, and the skill delay bug that has been with the game since day 1.

(3) World that don't feel so boxed in and fake. All the worlds feel lifeless.

(4) I could care less about hut ball or any of the other pvp they have, it was so forced and off balance.

Oh well possibly for them to shut the game down and let somebody else make a new and improved game.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

It needs a "NGE" update.. LOL

1. revamp most of the planets so it plays like an OPEN world, not like a linear mouse maze..
    2. delete all of the general quest, and add in dynamic world events
    3. revamp storyline and companion quest so you are not required to do them to achieve perks..  (Why should I have to go thru 40 levels of storyline because I want the healing companion?) example
    4. convert end game from "gear grind" to open world grind
    5. slow down leveling as well..
    Basically speaking..  Delete most of SWTOR and reskin it to play more like GW2 / EQ / Rift without all the instancing..