Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Guild Wars 2: Refer-A-Friend Free Trial Set for November 12th

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,614MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

ArenaNet has announced that the Refer-A-Friend promotion will be active beginning November 12th and Guild Wars 2 players will be able to invite up to three friends to participate in the game from November 15-18th.

To do so, you need a Guild Wars 2 account in good standing that was created before 23:59 PST (7:59 GMT) on November 6.

We will give you more details once the program goes live, but start thinking about who you want to invite!

Read the rest of the announcement on the Guild Wars 2 site.

In other news, the Guild Wars 2 team has announced the winners of the recent Halloween diorama contest.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,209Member Uncommon
    This is good news because I have a couple family members that really want to try it.
  • QSatuQSatu WarsawPosts: 1,735Member Uncommon
    This makes me feel that new Island won't be a normal pve area. instead I believe it will be a content targeted at people who want to spend some time with friends from lvl 1 doing minig games/whatever.
  • RobokappRobokapp Dublin, OHPosts: 5,205Member Uncommon

waaaait a minute.

how do they time-limit access to a P2P MMO with no subscription?

If someone refers me and I get the client, I already have it, what else am I paying for? My client will be ready to go.

we need to pay for what we already have now?

• William12William12 Saint paul, MNPosts: 680Member
    Originally posted by Robokapp

waaaait a minute.

If someone refers me and I get the client, I already have it, what else am I paying for? My client will be ready to go.

When you buy the game you get a license.  When you play a trial you get a trial license.

• ToxiaToxia Lake Charles, LAPosts: 1,319Member Uncommon

in before "GW2 is dying, free trials two months after launch" threads.

send me a pm if anyone wants in for the trial.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• RobokappRobokapp Dublin, OHPosts: 5,205Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by William12
    Originally posted by Robokapp

waaaait a minute.

When you buy the game you get a license.  When you play a trial you get a trial license.

copy that. thx for answer.

• OziiusOziius Baltimore, MDPosts: 1,388Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Toxia

Month and a half lol

• moguy2moguy2 Saint Peters, MOPosts: 337Member
    Wish I had friends.
  • bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,277Member Uncommon
    Hmmm... I know what the GW2 people said about TSW offering free trials... Do you remember?
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Hmmm... I know what the GW2 people said about TSW offering free trials... Do you remember?

I'm sure you'll be reminding everyone and trying to use that to prove some point :)

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,277Member Uncommon

I'm sure you'll be reminding everyone and trying to use that to prove some point :)

lol nope gonna keep my mouth shut on this one.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread PshPosts: 5,501Member Uncommon

I think I do. They were offering 1 day trials or something and that was fucking terrible?

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Las Vegas, NVPosts: 606Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by moguy2
    Wish I had friends.

Me too.

• itgrowlsitgrowls newport news, VAPosts: 2,951Member

gotta couple of friends from WoW they wanted to play but are leary. :) they'll get passes from me.

• FoomerangFoomerang Portland, ORPosts: 5,565Member Uncommon

Heh, the day before Storm Legion launches...that is telling.

Originally posted by itgrowls

gotta couple of friends from WoW they wanted to play but are leary. :) they'll get passes from me.

same here, got two friends informed already from wow. ones a chick.

thats right WoW, we takin yo wimmin now. o/

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• sakersaker harrisburg, PAPosts: 993Member Uncommon
    I've always wanted to give this a look-see as they never let me in the beta... Anyone has any key/code (whatever it's called) feel free to send 1 my way! :) 
    Originally posted by saker
    I've always wanted to give this a look-see as they never let me in the beta... Anyone has any key/code (whatever it's called) feel free to send 1 my way! :) 

if you drop me a pm, ill throw you  my last when it goes live. two already taken.

just gotta wait for instructions :)

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• RohnRohn Saint Peters, MOPosts: 3,740Member Uncommon

Wow, going to free buddy trials so quickly.  A sure sign of a bad, failed game.

The same rationale has been used to bash every game that's had to resort to free buddy trials so quickly.  GW2 should be no different.  It has horrible longevity due to bad overall game design, and it's starting to show.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Originally posted by Rohn

Wow, going to free buddy trials so quickly.  A sure sign of a bad, failed game.

The same rationale has been used to bash every game that's had to resort to free buddy trials so quickly.  GW2 should be no different.  It has horrible longevity due to bad overall game design, and it's starting to show.

You could have made me feel good and put it in it's own thread...then id be right for once!

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• TokkenTokken Portland, ORPosts: 1,154Member Uncommon

Holy crap.... free trials this soon? I'm shocked.

Brad McQuaid Quote:  So, God-willing, the Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen team and I will be able to make or allow that magic to happen a third time, and it too will be not just a great game, but also that catalyst again that brings people together, sometimes out of their comfort zone, learning how to work together not just tactically in a virtual world but also socially in the real world.
  • CelciusCelcius Franklin, TNPosts: 1,000Member Uncommon
    Awesome! This will be a great way to get new people to play this already extremely successful and immensely popular game. I can't wait to get some friends in who have been on the fence!
  • grimalgrimal Stamford, CTPosts: 2,873Member Uncommon
    Weren't there a few people saying you'd have to wait a "long time" before a free trial was offered?
  • QSatuQSatu WarsawPosts: 1,735Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by grimal
    Weren't there a few people saying you'd have to wait a "long time" before a free trial was offered?

There is always someone saying something.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM ZagrebPosts: 1,788Member
    I think It's a smart move. Even though GW2 is doing just fine, more new potential players is always good. They would do this sooner but they had to stabilize servers first and let the launch wave pass.