Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Refer-A-Friend Free Trial Set for November 12th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

ArenaNet has announced that the Refer-A-Friend promotion will be active beginning November 12th and Guild Wars 2 players will be able to invite up to three friends to participate in the game from November 15-18th.

To do so, you need a Guild Wars 2 account in good standing that was created before 23:59 PST (7:59 GMT) on November 6.

We will give you more details once the program goes live, but start thinking about who you want to invite!

Read the rest of the announcement on the Guild Wars 2 site.

In other news, the Guild Wars 2 team has announced the winners of the recent Halloween diorama contest.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    This makes me feel that new Island won't be a normal pve area. instead I believe it will be a content targeted at people who want to spend some time with friends from lvl 1 doing minig games/whatever.
  • William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    Originally posted by Robokapp

waaaait a minute.

how do they time-limit access to a P2P MMO with no subscription?

If someone refers me and I get the client, I already have it, what else am I paying for? My client will be ready to go.

we need to pay for what we already have now?

When you buy the game you get a license.  When you play a trial you get a trial license.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

in before "GW2 is dying, free trials two months after launch" threads.

send me a pm if anyone wants in for the trial.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by Toxia

Month and a half lol

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    Wish I had friends.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Hmmm... I know what the GW2 people said about TSW offering free trials... Do you remember?
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Hmmm... I know what the GW2 people said about TSW offering free trials... Do you remember?

I'm sure you'll be reminding everyone and trying to use that to prove some point :)

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I'm sure you'll be reminding everyone and trying to use that to prove some point :)

lol nope gonna keep my mouth shut on this one.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

I think I do. They were offering 1 day trials or something and that was fucking terrible?

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642
    Originally posted by moguy2
    Wish I had friends.

Me too.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

gotta couple of friends from WoW they wanted to play but are leary. :) they'll get passes from me.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Heh, the day before Storm Legion launches...that is telling.

Originally posted by itgrowls

gotta couple of friends from WoW they wanted to play but are leary. :) they'll get passes from me.

same here, got two friends informed already from wow. ones a chick.

thats right WoW, we takin yo wimmin now. o/

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    I've always wanted to give this a look-see as they never let me in the beta... Anyone has any key/code (whatever it's called) feel free to send 1 my way! :) 
    Originally posted by saker
    I've always wanted to give this a look-see as they never let me in the beta... Anyone has any key/code (whatever it's called) feel free to send 1 my way! :) 

if you drop me a pm, ill throw you  my last when it goes live. two already taken.

just gotta wait for instructions :)

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Wow, going to free buddy trials so quickly.  A sure sign of a bad, failed game.

The same rationale has been used to bash every game that's had to resort to free buddy trials so quickly.  GW2 should be no different.  It has horrible longevity due to bad overall game design, and it's starting to show.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Originally posted by Rohn

Wow, going to free buddy trials so quickly.  A sure sign of a bad, failed game.

The same rationale has been used to bash every game that's had to resort to free buddy trials so quickly.  GW2 should be no different.  It has horrible longevity due to bad overall game design, and it's starting to show.

You could have made me feel good and put it in it's own thread...then id be right for once!

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547

Holy crap.... free trials this soon? I'm shocked.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,865
    Awesome! This will be a great way to get new people to play this already extremely successful and immensely popular game. I can't wait to get some friends in who have been on the fence!
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Weren't there a few people saying you'd have to wait a "long time" before a free trial was offered?
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    Originally posted by grimal
    Weren't there a few people saying you'd have to wait a "long time" before a free trial was offered?

There is always someone saying something.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    I think It's a smart move. Even though GW2 is doing just fine, more new potential players is always good. They would do this sooner but they had to stabilize servers first and let the launch wave pass.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

the trial is welcome news but its too limited at moment   (one specifc weekend)

i look forward to a 10 hour "buddy" trial that starts any day

similar to what GW1 does   http://www.guildwars.com/support/gwtrial.php

• AesowhreapAesowhreap Member Posts: 78
    I want to test my new computer on this game but don't have any friends who play it. Pm me if there is a way to meet you in the game.

Best Regards, ...

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836
    Originally posted by grimal

I remember that too. It was the people saying that ArenaNet was a soulless moneygrabbing company who couldn't produce actual quality content, using their not launching the game with a free trial option as evidence of how GW2 is a quick cashgrab. lol

People say a lot of dumb shit, this is the internet. Personally I wasn't among the people in TSW forums or another bashing endlessly until GW2 released and am looking forward to giving trials to a few of my friends who want to try it but can't afford to waste money cause they're a broke college student much like myself. :D