Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Salem: Two New Servers Added to Expand Beta Pool

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Paradox Interactive has announced that two new servers will be opened to allow the addition of new beta testers for its upcoming MMO, Salem: The Crafting MMO. Paradox will be handing out keys to new players and hosting a live stream straight from the game on Thursday, November 8th.

In order to help new arrivals succeed in Salem: The Crafting MMO, Paradox Interactive and Seatribe will host a live stream that will give players an upper hand in safely traversing the lands surrounding Boston—Salem’s starting point—by introducing the game world to them and giving valuable guidance in the form of tips and an understanding of basic fundamentals in-game. Tune into the broadcast at 8pm CET/2pm EST/11am PST, Thursday November 8, here: http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

Get signed up for the beta on the Salem site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

hmm did they ever get around to fixing the problems with the laucher that prevented people from actually downloading/patching the game? i gave up after having my 2nd pc with java 6 fail to download/patch and my main system using the newst java also fail to download/patch.  havent bothered with salam since.  i even gave up hnh cause it was boring 

if they actually fixed it that i might maybe beable to download/patch the game i may try again but if they havent forget it.

• alloinalloin Member UncommonPosts: 135
    no problems here, been playing since start of beta and having a blast in the new world =)
    We are all satoshi!
  • AesowhreapAesowhreap Member Posts: 78
    What does crafting mmo mean?

Best Regards, ...

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by Aesowhreap
    What does crafting mmo mean?

It means a game thats highly focussed on crafting. No real quests or dungeons or levelling up or raids. It is not a themepark. Most (if not all) items are craftable and tradable. 

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by alloin
    no problems here, been playing since start of beta and having a blast in the new world =)

Have there been any changes since the original beta invites went out? I had a really hard time getting into the game at that time.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• lalartulalartu Member UncommonPosts: 437

I really liked the old system in heaven and hearth where everything you did gave you XP, but the new system, which is what they're using in Salem, only gives you XP for awkward and weird tasks like crafting useless objects and consuming them for XP.

I review lots of indie games and MMORPGs