Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PVP with lv 50 = impossibru

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Good riddance. I just tried to play my old lv 50 chars (Jedi Guardian and Sith Assasin) in PVP again... and GOOD RIDDANCE. I didn't have any gear yet, and people with uber pvp endgame gear... it's like attacking someone wih cotton balls. It does no damage. Liek none at all.

Trololol... how pathetic. After having saved/doomed the galaxy with my chars in that uber epic story, in PVP they are the suxxors, because this gear gap makes it hilarious.

Weird, I haven't see any MMO having done this right. Somehow.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347

You knew the game had gear based PvP.

You tried to PvP with no gear.

You got destroyed.

And now you're trying to blame that on the game?

Come on guy....

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Um okay... I guess? Isn't that virtually every game with gear being a large part of it?
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by GolbezTheLion

You got destroyed.

Come on guy....

Well you have to "get" PVP gear you know.

It's not like I can just go and buy it. And the way to get it is like participating 2 months as worthless trash companion where people send you tells like "you are worthless, please don't join pvp anymore".

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by Elikal

You got destroyed.

Come on guy....

It's not like I can just go and buy it. And the way to get it is like participating 2 months as worthless trash companion where people send you tells like "you are worthless, please don't join pvp anymore".

Actually, yes. Yes you can. There's a whole set of PvP gear to buy.

Originally posted by rygard49

You got destroyed.

Come on guy....

OMG you are right... but but... my Sith looks like BIBO the Sithlord! My wonderful, decend, understatement looks is now replaced with feather stuff that looks like Vader's Gay Twinbrother on a dragshow parade! *sob*

Oh and I die all the time still.. must be me... don't mind me. *handwave* This is not the looser you were looking for... move along.

SIDENOTE: In seriousness. PVP until level 49 is fun, great and usually I fare ok. But getting level 50 in SWTOR pvp is like dropping in a damn abyss, a stampede walzing over you and 1000 cats nibbling you to death. PAINFUL. And having played GW2 PVP I am simply TOTALLY overwhelmed in SWTOR with 3 full quickbars and a subjectively felt 2000 skills. With 41 I am just not that nimble anymore or I lack like 4 additional pairs of hands to manage all these skills. In PVP, less is more. My Jedi Knight just isn't better because he was 15 different "attack with lightsaber slash" variants and 8 different "stun" variants. I am just overwhelmed with that fustercluck of quickbars! @__@

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

You got destroyed.

Come on guy....

OMG you are right... but but... my Sith looks like BIBO the Sithlord! My wonderful, decend, understatement looks is now replaced with feather stuff that looks like Vader's Gay Twinbrother on a dragshow parade! *sob*

Oh and I die all the time still.. must be me... don't mind me. *handwave* This is not the looser you were looking for... move along.

SIDENOTE: In seriousness. PVP until level 49 is fun, great and usually I fare ok. But getting level 50 in SWTOR pvp is like dropping in a damn abyss, a stampede walzing over you and 1000 cats nibbling you to death. PAINFUL. And having played GW2 PVP I am simply TOTALLY overwhelmed in SWTOR with 3 full quickbars and a subjectively felt 2000 skills. With 41 I am just not that nimble anymore or I lack like 4 additional pairs of hands to manage all these skills. In PVP, less is more. My Jedi Knight just isn't better because he was 15 different "attack with lightsaber slash" variants and 8 different "stun" variants. I am just overwhelmed with that fustercluck of quickbars! @__@

In seriousness image I'm 10 years older then you and I am NOT overwhelmed with quickbars /grin

Edit. But then I am used to having 10 quickbars in EQ2...

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347

So basically you want to look awesome and have availability to high rank gear without putting in even a tenth of the effort everyone else did to get the rank and gear they have?

You can be very competitive in 50 PvP as a new player, even just wearing the blue set. Maybe you're just not a very good PvPer? Did you ever consider that?

If I were you, I would either spend time practicing every day to improve, or stick with PvE.

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    No clue where this is going.
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

You got destroyed.

Come on guy....

In seriousness image I'm 10 years older then you and I am NOT overwhelmed with quickbars /grin

I have HSP (High Sensitve Person) (no clue what that's in English): simply said, I am easily overwhelmed with information and input, because I have too sensitive senses. I never could stand crowds or loud noises or intense smells for long, so I need to focus. All those many icons in my skillbars, and 20 people lolcoptering around me is always very, very difficult for me to manage without getting nuts. GW2 made this way easier for me, because I have only 5 skills which I must use, and for some reason PVPers in GW2 lolcopter much less than in SWTOR. Or maybe SWTOR has no auto-turn? Something along that lines.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

You got destroyed.

Come on guy....

I have HSP (High Sensitve Person) (no clue what that's in English): simply said, I am easily overwhelmed with information and input, because I have too sensitive senses. I never could stand crowds or loud noises or intense smells for long, so I need to focus. All those many icons in my skillbars, and 20 people lolcoptering around me is always very, very difficult for me to manage without getting nuts. GW2 made this way easier for me, because I have only 5 skills which I must use, and for some reason PVPers in GW2 lolcopter much less than in SWTOR. Or maybe SWTOR has no auto-turn? Something along that lines.

Sorry to hear that. I am glad though that there are games available on market that satisfy your needs. As for me, I could not live with just few skills, I like to have plenty to choose and I love combat animations for all of them so for me The more the better... but we are all different and like different things.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• VarkingVarking Member UncommonPosts: 542

Good riddance. I just tried to play my old lv 50 chars (Jedi Guardian and Sith Assasin) in PVP again... and GOOD RIDDANCE. I didn't have any gear yet, and people with uber pvp endgame gear... it's like attacking someone wih cotton balls. It does no damage. Liek none at all.

Trololol... how pathetic. After having saved/doomed the galaxy with my chars in that uber epic story, in PVP they are the suxxors, because this gear gap makes it hilarious.

Weird, I haven't see any MMO having done this right. Somehow.

The "honey-hole" space for EXPERTISE which is a pvp only stat is about 1050-1100. At level 50 the game gives you 950 expertise in recruit gear for free. Even when I first hit 50 and got my recruit gear I was more than competitive in pvp. I fail to see the truth to your claims. If you want to say you are bad, just say you don't "get" pvp. But don't lie.

You got destroyed.

Come on guy....

Sorry to hear that. I am glad though that there are games available on market that satisfy your needs. As for me, I could not live with just few skills, I like to have plenty to choose and I love combat animations for all of them so for me The more the better... but we are all different and like different things.

No need to be sorry. It's just my sort of limitation in games. Alas. I enjoy PVP, but I need systems which help. Like auto-turn and fewer skills. I never could do several things at the same time, like others. Some people can play games, watch tv, have a conversation and listen to music all at the same time. Me, one of these 100% absorbs my attention.

With these 2-3 full skillbars I tend to sort the 5-8 most important to the left and ignore the rest in PVP, but that doesn't work in swtor, mostly. At least not with Sith Assasin. But, it's just me, not saying anything about the game. ;)

HSP only *really* annoys me with smells. I smell everything, much more acute than others, I can't shut it away, and it can be hellish. Going into kitchens and bathrooms is a horror for me. All those smells everywhere... @__@ A game at least I can shut down, when I am overwhelmed with impressions. Smells, not so. And not only bad smells, food, perfume, soap, everything is like an overdose for me. Horrible. I can smell what people ate hours ago and stuff that is not so polite to say, so I usually suffer in silence. (Like something women experience once a month. I can smell that through all the room, and it kills me.... sorry, totally OT lol.)

ON TOPIC: I still think the gear-gap in swtor is just making it really worse. It was an issue at the start of SWTOR and remained. Proof is, that I have it easier in Level 1-49 PVP.

• Mr_CMr_C Member Posts: 112

You got destroyed.

Come on guy....

So you're a mouseclicker then?

Sorry to say, but mouseclicking & pvp is so bad combo it's not even worth trying. Add to this HSP of yours and expect utter failure. Now, you are not mentioning anything about that you have any lack of memory or problems with learning stuff, right?

Go learn to be a keybinder, then PvP problems are solved.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Don't know why people still bother with PvP in this game, it is obviously not designed for it.
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Yeah, same thing happened to me when I tried wow again.  Logged into my 85 (when it was max level) that I hadn't played in several months.  I decided to try a battleground and I got killed so hard my goldfish died.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    With all due respect to OP. Being handed gear wont make you as good as the people with gear. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Originally posted by Mr_C

So you're a mouseclicker then?

Sorry to say, but mouseclicking & pvp is so bad combo it's not even worth trying. Add to this HSP of yours and expect utter failure. Now, you are not mentioning anything about that you have any lack of memory or problems with learning stuff, right?

Go learn to be a keybinder, then PvP problems are solved.

Not sure how this assumption got here...lol. he is easily overwhelmed so he mouse clicks? nice assumption.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

Originally posted by bcbully
    With all due respect to OP. Being handed gear wont make you as good as the people with gear. 

Have you played swtor pvp? Its gear>skill in that game, less skill involved, just spam a button(CC) and go berserk.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Jonoku

Have you played swtor pvp? Its gear>skill in that game, less skill involved, just spam a button(CC) and go berserk.

Yeah I played an ungodly amount. I've never used the excuse of "He has better gear than me." in any game. What's wrong with putting your time in, learning how to over come just like everyone else with the gear you desired did? 

Is it possible that since they are higher skilled, their journey to geared wasn't as painful as yours? This is usually how things work. Bad players with no gear run in get smashed then go to the forums. Good players with no gear find a way to contribute and enjoy doing it. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by Jonoku

Yeah I played an ungodly amount. I've never used the excuse of "He has better gear than me." in any game. What's wrong with putting your time in, learning how to over come just like everyone else with the gear you desired did? 

Is it possible that since they are higher skilled, their journey to geared wasn't as painful as yours? This is usually how things work. Bad players with no gear run in get smashed then go to the forums. Good players with no gear find a way to contribute and enjoy doing it. 

Everyone does 10 damage for being undergeared compared to everyone else, how is that an improvement? they mine as well take the criticism in the pvp matches and keep playing with bad gear if all they have is this game to PvP. "Higher skilled." I haven't seen such a thing in this game if there is any, very little skill involvment in this game, this topic is debateable, I don't think spamming CC or whoever hits the CC button first wins is considered skill. I remember the only CC we had was a snare or root and you were able to still attack people.

P.S. Not that I'm complaining because I don't have a gun to my head(thats how far it would take me to play again) to do warzones in swtor

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

I had decent pvp gear when I quit. I recently resubbed to test out pvp again AND to make sure I get my cartel freebies when it goes live. I will not stay subbed after that.

The pvp as a whole is still a travesty and likely in worse shape now than when the game was new. All of the gear I earned has quickly become kinda meh for warzones. As the game has no real world pvp (ilum pvp is turned off) I have zero urge to grind for gear. Why would I grind gear for subpar play, subpary warzones... When GW2 has everyone in SPVP setup on nice even footing, all the gear you need to enjoy yourself.. No fees, no grind, just skill. 

In short.. It looks like SWTOR is going to be limited to very occasional play for me. Some light RP and likely nothing more.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Such is the way with pvp in these non pvp orientated wow style games.
  • AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240

You got destroyed.

Come on guy....

As a mater of fact, you can buy the starting gear.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• FennrisFennris Member UncommonPosts: 277

SWTOR requires both skill and gear - if you don't have both of them you're going to lose hard and fast to someone else that does.

But there's also team coordination (which plays into the skill requirement) - if you've got someone guarding you, bubbling/healing you and taunting your attackers your healthbar isn't going to go down much, even from the bursty specs out there.  Even recruit characters will be fine with that kind of support.  And even fully maxxed war heroes can get focus fired and stun/killed in a handful of seconds.

The level 1-49 can be fun for not-so-great players because it is full of a variety of gear and skill levels and most of the coordinated teams are in the 50 bracket.  I have a level 47 twinked focus sentinel (with ~200 expertise even) and I have lots of fun stomping people with it occasionally.

In my first level 50 game with a fresh 50 (my 4th 50 but no legacied comm gear and no guildies backing me) a couple weeks ago I got not-so-high damage but 3 solo kills using my recruit - a little later that day I did get top damage for my team a couple times.  It _is_ a bit rough but it's supposed to be: without the gear grind I promise SWTOR would have no wzs at all (other than pre 50).

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

So basically you want to look awesome and have availability to high rank gear without putting in even a tenth of the effort everyone else did to get the rank and gear they have?You can be very competitive in 50 PvP as a new player, even just wearing the blue set. Maybe you're just not a very good PvPer? Did you ever consider that?If I were you, I would either spend time practicing every day to improve, or stick with PvE.  
    You're kidding right? Recruit gear is TERRIBLE, but yes you have to buy it if you want to get into pvp, people will bash you for not wearing any gear with +expertise if you don't. Recruit doesn't help you because you only get 13K health and can still die to a single rage smash.

The carrot on the stick grind for pvp gear got old for me quick last time I played.