Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want my SWG back...

kb056kb056 Member CommonPosts: 423
Last time I will ever post on this forum, just wanted my last post to make a statement. I know it will never happen again.

Comments

• SimLeeSimLee Member UncommonPosts: 6

I miss it too. I didn’t start playing till after all the changes but it was still a great game. To me better than anything out now. I was just starting to really furnish my home with droids and junk everywhere and was having a blast. I liked the space part of the game too. Pretty sad with games it's all about money now. You would have thought they’d work something out to keep it running for the fans.

• HaukenHauken Member UncommonPosts: 649
    Damn i miss swg pre-cu. after seven years there is still not a game out there coming close to the greatest saga ever told: MINE

Hauken Stormchaser
    I want pre-CU back
    Station.com : We got your game
    Yeah?, Well i want it back!!!

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

The NGE was just horrible.

SOE are working on Everquest fully seamless sandbox MMO so who knows, maybe they're making their own Pre CU game.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Expect your posts about that version to vanish, I posted about it months ago to let some vets know and was issued with a warning.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by SlickShoes
    Expect your posts about that version to vanish, I posted about it months ago to let some vets know and was issued with a warning.

True, they don't like folks speaking of such things here on these forums.....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823
    The dead are dead for a reason. Necromancing only exsists in the fantasy realm. Unless you're a sith lord ,  it'll never happen.

• JedicowboyJedicowboy Member UncommonPosts: 140
    well what can we do to give it a chance to be brought back, there has to be a way?????
  • Threatlevel0Threatlevel0 Member UncommonPosts: 179
    It's been soooo long now, I do think I was actually quite tired of  Pre-Cu.   CU actually brought in some good things.  One for instance was not everyone was wearing Composite Armor anymore at least.   I think it also added the Combat Levels and stuff though which wasn't as good.   But, there were so many features that need to brought back in some new MMO.   Mainly the crafting, with stat based resources, and player housing in the open world with player cities.   And Jump to Lightspeed, I want my shipwright back...and flying in my Deci with my friends/guildies.
  • TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I miss it too.  I was just going through some old video game pics and the SWG pics are really special.  They stand out for me as the happiest I've ever been playing an mmo.  Glad I took pictures :)

• Acebets70Acebets70 Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Yea i miss pre-cu  just wish they would of fixed all the bugs in the 1st year , think of what could of been?
  • LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294
    Originally posted by Acebets70
    Yea i miss pre-cu  just wish they would of fixed all the bugs in the 1st year , think of what could of been?

I've always said that SWG pre cu was the MMO with perhaps the biggest POTENTIAL of all.

Such a shame we never got to see it materialize.

• william0532william0532 Member Posts: 251
    Why do you guys post these. I miss that game...
  • VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457

Yes. Especially pre-CU. Give me a SWG that's being maintained and developed, and I will pay whatever is required to subscribe. It is by far the most fun I've ever had in an MMO. Looking at screencaps from those days is more fun then playing any MMO that's come since.

It had it's problems, but it's potential outweighed them all. I'd sub just for the potential and to support a product that I believed in.

• COOKERplCOOKERpl Member Posts: 63

I started playing only few months before shutdown...

I was so amazed by this game, it felt so deep, and I could play it different way every time I logged in.

I was recording videos while playing, and even made one "tribute like" video.

You can see it here : 

There is few more SWG videos on my channel too.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

We all miss it, and no matter how many times we post it it will never come back.

I don't care about the Starwars, I don't care about the Jedi, I just want what SWG was before they ruined it . I want non-combat classes again, I want crafting to matter again, I want the freedom to be whatever you want whether that is a soldier or a merchant.

Devs look at SWG then they look at WoW and think the only way to make a successful MMO is to make a themepark where everyone has to be a fighter, where noone can just be a dancer, or a tailor, or a whatever the hell they want to be. But after all of the unsuccessful WoW clones, hopefully the Devs will start to see that WoW was an anomaly, somthing that was once in a generation, and when they do they will realize that they need to create something the market does not offer, a sandbox that is like what SWG was...

Until then I will join the gamers who long for something that mimics what SWG was to all of us who loved it before the NGE.

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    So how about that Swtor huh...? huh guys? ...guys?

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• aalibeyaalibey Member CommonPosts: 5
    I got my ToOW refund, and quit in rage when NGE came.......for one month :)
  • Acebets70Acebets70 Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Just all the programming they did in the game compared to todays mmo's... lol  it was mind-blowing!
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Pre-CU was great. But it had a major flaw. And it was no small one either. I'd even say it was a runnaway train on a collision course. SoE had to do something. Just don't think they made the right choice. In any event, the flaw was The Jedi. If there were only a few, it's fine. But as more and more started showing up, the overall balance of the game was being tipped.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    I miss having a 3d representation of items in my inventory that look like they do when you put them down in your house/ship. That small detail alone made it feel like you were manipulating your environment, and that the environment had some complexity to it.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by kb056
    Last time I will ever post on this forum, just wanted my last post to make a statement. I know it will never happen again.

Nope you can not have it. Request denied.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by tixylix

The NGE was just horrible.

SOE are working on Everquest fully seamless sandbox MMO so who knows, maybe they're making their own Pre CU game.

If you believe that, you will be greatly disappointed.

What Smed said was "Largest Sandbox style game".

That does not mean full or even part sandbox. It does not mean open world anything.

It just means "large" and sandbox style can mean anything, but most likely just means "non-linear" in the way you go do your quests.

The man most responsible for making SWG the game most of us liked, was Raph Koster, and he is not even in the MMO business anymore.  So SOE won't be getting the help from that source.

The chances that SOE could actually make a good "sandbox style" game like pre-cu, especially because all the designers are gone, and moreover that SOE made games more linear/themepark as time went on, are very small indeed.

• postpwnpostpwn Member UncommonPosts: 87
    I never even played it and it's my favorite MMORPG of all time (I've done extensive research on SWG pre-CU).
  • xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712
    Originally posted by kb056

check out www.greedmonger.com

seems similar to swg a bit.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by bingbongbros
    So how about that Swtor huh...? huh guys? ...guys?

in terms of gameplay, TOR was a massive, epic downgrade.

I'm done with TOR. As a star wars fan I will ignore and try to forget it ever existed.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !