Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have a few questions

ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669

I'm MMO hopping right now, and am looking to give Fallen Earth a shot. I have some questions first:

How limited are F2P users?

What's the crafting like, and is it viable (as in, is the crafted stuff just as good as non-crafted gear)?

Is there PvP and how does it work (zones, BG's, FFA, etc?

Is there any sort of player and/or guild housing?

Is the PvE content purely hub based (go to A, do quests 1-10, go to B, do quests 1-10, etc.)

Finally, how is the population, and how is the community in general?

Thanks,

TJ

Comments

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by ThumbtackJ

I'm MMO hopping right now, and am looking to give Fallen Earth a shot. I have some questions first:

How limited are F2P users?

What's the crafting like, and is it viable (as in, is the crafted stuff just as good as non-crafted gear)?

Is there PvP and how does it work (zones, BG's, FFA, etc?

Is there any sort of player and/or guild housing?

Is the PvE content purely hub based (go to A, do quests 1-10, go to B, do quests 1-10, etc.)

Finally, how is the population, and how is the community in general?

Thanks,

TJ

F2P users are not that limited. If you want to heavily craft vehicles and stuff, you'll want to sub.

Yes. They have a territory control system in place.

Not sure, I don't think so.

Kinda, but it's not linear.

I dunno about population, I haven't played in a while. It gets smaller the higher lvl you get.

• lalartulalartu Member UncommonPosts: 437

it's probably one of the better f2p games out there and you can do quite a lot without a sub

crafting is good, actually very good, but my problem with it was that it felt kind of artificial. sort of like in Eve online, you assign an object to be built and it's manufactured in the background while you're doing other stuff, but you dont actuall get to see/feel how it's being built. all you see is a timer ticking down

the gameplay is original because it's twitch based, but last I played most people were melee characters because the guns were underpowered. not sure if they fixed that

overall, it's worth trying and there are quire a few people around, but I wouldn't call this game amazing, nor would I stay in it for months/years at a time. 

I review lots of indie games and MMORPGs

• CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194

It's very buggy/glitchy, I found it quite hard to play because of it.

Population is decent and you can go into battlegrounds through a group finder.

And they are also nerfing F2P more and more, soon you will have to sub to enjoy it.