Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: November Preview & Notes from Our Live Stream

13»

Comments

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    Originally posted by Sidad
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    Originally posted by Drakynn
    Originally posted by Shroom_Mage

Boring. :( Give me server with open world pvp or let ppl turn on/off pvp option in open world or at least give me duels than we can talk about game getting interesting again for me.

That's like asking for a PvE server in Planetside 2 or complaining that there's no friendly fire in Team Fortress 2. It won't work. It can't work. It will never happen. If it's a deal breaker for you, stop complaining and go elsewhere.

Duels will probably be included at some point, but if the game is boring to you without them, you should probably go elsewhere anyway.

Dude did I ask you to comment my comment? Who are you to tell me what to do or where to go, lol. So don't be douchebag since I paid for game as well so i'm customer same as you probably are so I have right to comment on the game and express my feelings like everyone else here does. If you dont like what I say you are free to read something else or try to comment in civilized manner. Peace.

You posted in a PUBLIC Forum so yes you did ask for comments on your comments just by posting here....not saying your opinion of GW2 is wrong or right or whether his comemnt on yours is wrong or right,but a forum is by definition is a place to state opinion and have them discussed and argued and a PUBLIC forum means it's open to all nto jsut peopel of a certain persuasion.

The proper response is...who the hell are you to make such a demand to the developer?!  If you don't like it leave.  Play a game with the feature that you want. 

lol Im hell of a customer lol. Smart business ppl listen to their customers.

Not always, and I'd say specially not in this case. Duels is something they've already mentioned is in the works... open world PvP, though, is something that I really can't see working, at least not with a massive (and costly and time consuming) rewrite of the game.

Since there are no factions they would either need to be added to the game somehow, or turn it into a FFA PvP game. Events are the big driving force on progression, even more as you progress further in the game and there are fewer and fewer hearts and more events. Having the game being open world PvP would basically break most events, lots of which are already chaotic enough, so new events would need to be designed and scripted around the PvP setting. Personal history would also need to be rewritten to take into account player or faction battles, with all that it implies, like voice acting recording. And that for a game that, IMHO, is the most anti-PvP designed game I've played when it comes to open world, since it was designed from the ground up for you to want to be around other people in PvE, which is why it has things like event participation levels, instanced resource nodes, shared kill rewards and the like.

Smart business listen to their costumers... unless their costumers are basically telling them "spend all this money and time to change everything about your product so that it fits me".

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    Originally posted by hikaru77
    Originally posted by mWo4life
    And they do it without requring a sub-fee? If they keep delivering a new content regularly, I cannot see how other mmos can justify a $15 sub-fee anymore?

It looks like a B2P update for me.  Just a one time world event, a medium/small island and some other PvE stuff. Nothing new about PvP or real competitive PvP or WvWvW. And maybe you didnt notice it yet, but GW2 is not even a competition for the P2P market anymore, it was for like a week, not now. 

It's the problem if you try to persist in GW2. You have to credit card pay at some stage or other. NCsoft will break you at some point if you keep going. 

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    Originally posted by Illyssia
    And they do it without requring a sub-fee? If they keep delivering a new content regularly, I cannot see how other mmos can justify a $15 sub-fee anymore?

It looks like a B2P update for me.  Just a one time world event, a medium/small island and some other PvE stuff. Nothing new about PvP or real competitive PvP or WvWvW. And maybe you didnt notice it yet, but GW2 is not even a competition for the P2P market anymore, it was for like a week, not now. 

It's the problem if you try to persist in GW2. You have to credit card pay at some stage or other. NCsoft will break you at some point if you keep going. 

How do you figure that?

As has been stated many times, anything in the CS is achieveable without spending a single dime besides the original cost of the game.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    The only disappointment I have with this update is that I end up reading all the antagonists who are trying to drag down a game they don't play.  Seriously, focus on the games that you care about not the ones that you don't participate in.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by stevebmbsqd
    Originally posted by Loke666

Maybe this finally will shut the people up who have been saying that B2P games cant add the same amount of free content as P2P games can.

This is at least as much as P2P games add.

This content was probably worked on well before release and just finished after release. It is also right after release so their coffers are full. I would still take the wait and see approach until six or eight months after launch.

I agree, its a bit early to be glib over the validity of the b2p model they still have to make money and Wintersday will probably have a load of lovely boxes to gamble away on and just like the Halloween event will make a nice few quid for Arenanet. Though now thinking about it this new content wasn't released before the CS gamble boxes were put in was it? so haven't you guys actually paid for the new content already, but not in an upfront way but in a backhanded lets make the drop rates extremely low so we catch the players out before they realise how much they've spent type of way? Arenanet what a nice company always looking out for their fans.

EDIT: And whats "medium small" is that like the way in McDonalds you cannot get small fries anymore only medium, large or supersize?

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• cgniuscgnius Member Posts: 18
    looking forward to this. Hopefully they'll add some new activities
  • techknowmamatechknowmama Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Boring. :( Give me server with open world pvp or let ppl turn on/off pvp option in open world or at least give me duels than we can talk about game getting interesting again for me.

This is not the game for you, you want open world pvp go play dark fall or planet side 2 when it comes out.

why is it they call pve'ers care bears, when its the pvp'ers that are the most vocal whiners :P

• techknowmamatechknowmama Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Originally posted by evolver1972
    Originally posted by Illyssia

How do you figure that?

As has been stated many times, anything in the CS is achieveable without spending a single dime besides the original cost of the game.

I am not sure why people expect GW2 to be any different than GW1 was, the only thing you ever had to buy besides the game was expansions 

• kikutaknightkikutaknight Member UncommonPosts: 1
  • Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775
    Originally posted by evilastro
    They already have open world pvp in the form of WvW. It mixes PvP and PvE perfectly in nice big maps. What the whiners want is non-consensual PvP, to go around ganking and being a douche. Thankfully GW2 doesn't support that MMO scum.

Whats wrong with asking for different pvp server with pve maps? Or maybe ppl turning on/off pvp option or duels in pve areas? I guess for blinded fanboy's it's blasphemy. I wish they add different play styles as well and not only more of the same.

Just stop trying, people here will just report you for trolling. I agree and tried to post my opinion on the matter many times just to get a infraction + ban for it. Either way it's nice to get some new content even if there's plenty to discover still, we can just pray for some much needed PVP side attention as well as both WVW and sPVP is lacking currently. :(