Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MechWarrior Online: New Open Beta Trailer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

To celebrate the grand arrival of the MechWarrior Online open beta, Piranha Games has released a brand new trailer to get fans pumped for the action. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Yah, its still not a MMO, or an RPG so why advertise it on MMORPG.com??
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Czanrei
    Yah, its still not a MMO.

Honestly, going clear back to the original FASA games, and through all of the computer ports, the non-shooter elements were always a minimal afterthought, at best.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Actually it is an rpg.
  • JaggaSpikesJaggaSpikes Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Originally posted by Rockniss
    Actually it is an rpg.

yeah, same way World of Tanks is an rpg :) /sarcasm

no, it's not an role-playing game. it's a mech sim. just because there are experience points and unlockable abilities does not make it role-playing.

and, so far, it isn't MMO either. there is just shooter component in with up to 16 players per combat.

• WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638
    Don't be hard on this game and it being here... It is a good game.  And fun.
  • TalruneTalrune Member Posts: 339
    No one said it was an RPG it does however fall into the MMO aspect which this website represents, not just mmoRPG's but MMO'S in general.
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Jesus, here we go again with the same old arguments...

• animeoutlawanimeoutlaw Member UncommonPosts: 27

Lol, why does it even matter? Do people on these sites seriously lose sleep at night because a MMO FPS is listed on MMORPG.com? Shut up, be productive, and go vote, lol.

• treysmoothtreysmooth Member UncommonPosts: 648

I actually disagree with the people that say its not a mmo because I know the environment of these games.  I actually used to be a traditional mmo player who came from star wars galaxies then city of x etc but as time passed I saw the same tired mechanics being used and the lack of sandboxes and I moved toward what I consider hybrid mmo's. 

Many of these are pvp based which I always loved and have the clan competition at the center of the game.  Over the years I've moved from planet side to exteel to global agenda to world of tanks(current) and now mech warrior online and I am playing planet side 2.  These games do give me the same feeling as I had from mmo's I've played over the years because if you are in a clan and competitve I find the games more social than most theme park games that have been released in the last few years.

Regardless of the mechanics these games share many core mechanics xp, grinding grouping pvp etc as any other mmo at least from my perspective.

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347

Why do you even care? How does it effect you in any way?

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    The game is worth following, might as well be here as anywhere.  It is more of a shooter, but it has MMO and rpg elements to it.
  • BigCountryBigCountry Member Posts: 478
    Hawken down right destroys this game sorry. After playing Hawken this weekend, I installed Mech Warrior lol. Sucks but it is what it is.

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com

• TrojunTrojun Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Originally posted by GolbezTheLion

Why do you even care? How does it effect you in any way?

Well said.  It gets old trying to sift through dozens of completely useless comments debating that something isn't an mmo or an rpg  or neither, trying to find some actual useful comments about a game.

• BlueMountainBlueMountain Member UncommonPosts: 147
    It isn't even the full game yet. It is a game in development. Big difference is that we get to see it develop rather than having to wait in ignorance speculating in the forums and begging for scraps of information like we have always had to do before.

To dream, perhaps to be.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    you're roleplaying a mech though. How is that not Role Playing Game
  • EbanyEbany Member UncommonPosts: 56

The game has just come out of Closed Beta, how the hell can someone say its not a RPG or MMO?

Fact is the game deserves a place here.  Personally I think they are coming along nicely.