Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MO community standing up against the lead GM.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/theia-for-lead-gm.80465/page-2#post-1388826

This is after discord muted IRC for 1 hour after players called for his removal.  

What do you guys think?  

edit: post was deleted.  was 19-8 before it went down.

Comments

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

My feelings are pretty well known.

-Discord has no buisness being anywhere near an official position in any game whatsoever. He is about as corrupt as they come . Fits in great with the rest of SV.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

What do I think? Pretty much everyone at SV needs to be removed., ultimately its Henriks fault.

Tomorrows News @ 1100

Discord is stepping down as GM due to personal reasons, but please welcome our newest GM drocsiD !!!

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Did he actually got removed, or they just changing his iRC and GM name to something else and CLAIMED that he's been removed and replaced? lol :P
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG
    Did he actually got removed, or they just changing his iRC and GM name to something else and CLAIMED that he's been removed and replaced? lol :P

I should have known my humor would be lost on MO forum dwellers

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by Hancakes

Actually I don't dwell MO (didn't get the news), that's why I didn't know and geninuely just wanted an update :(

Actually I don't dwell MO (didn't get the news), that's why I didn't know and geninuely just wanted an update :(

OMG it was a joke.   drocsiD  (hint spell it backwards)

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

Discord isn't the issue.  Henrik is the issue.  The guy at the top is responsible for everything (especially when he is only managing 4 other people lol).

New CEO with grand vision is the only thing that will save the game.  Vote Psychobilly for CEO.

;)

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by psykobilly

Discord isn't the issue.  Henrik is the issue.  The guy at the top is responsible for everything (especially when he is only managing 4 other people lol).

New CEO with grand vision is the only thing that will save the game.  Vote Psychobilly for CEO.

;)

I have to 100% agree with this. henrick should have been removed long, long ago.

Corporate culture starts and ends at the top.

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

Seriously, I'm not even a MO scholar, but from what I've heard of Henrick, do you think he'd get a paid job as a developer/programmer anywhere other than his own/father's company?

C'mon, give the guy a break. Someone's gotta pay the bar bill.

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162

;)

I vote for it!

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

i think the devs are to reliant on discord since he does more than just GM that it would cripple them if he left in other ways thats how he has held on to his job for so long.

But he has imo made alot of mistakes that have had a noticable effect on the player population.

as for those hoping MO disapears soon, might be bad news there. henrik, mats and sebastion it seems will be working on MO in their free time if the day comes when SV has to shut its doors meaning MO will msot likely survive in some form. No offical post on this yet but it seems to be the general understanding of the players close to the developers.

rumor is mats has already left the team but is still working on the game in his free time.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Originally posted by deathshroud
    henrik, mats and sebastion it seems will be working on MO in their free time

You're delusional if you think they're working on MO  "full-time" now. (or ever)

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

You're delusional if you think they're working on MO  "full-time" now. (or ever)

lol your probably right, im just warning you guys dont expect mo to disapear any time soon.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

i think the devs are to reliant on discord since he does more than just GM that it would cripple them if he left in other ways thats how he has held on to his job for so long.

I believe the same. SV as genuine cheap and hungry for money individuals they are kept someone like Discord around the game even though he was far from appropriate for the job just because they where paying him for pennies and he was smt like swiss knife for them since he was doing pretty much everything. Discord from his side took advantage of them to add some lines in his curriculum vitae (honestly i dont think thats a good thing) and in the long run he caused more troubles than adding to the game itself since his mentality and character where bad enough to act as he did in one occasion after other.

But he has imo made alot of mistakes that have had a noticable effect on the player population.

as for those hoping MO disapears soon, might be bad news there. henrik, mats and sebastion it seems will be working on MO in their free time if the day comes when SV has to shut its doors meaning MO will msot likely survive in some form. No offical post on this yet but it seems to be the general understanding of the players close to the developers.

No one hopes MO disapears or anything like that. I personally hope MO suceeds and becomes the game that it was supposed to be from the begining. But from the other hand i wouldnt mind at all to see the bunch of hypocritical, untalented, lazy, clueless, rude, arrogant etc etc individuals that hiding behind the game to find their next job as gathering horse poop cause they dont deserve anything better (no offence to the ones that gathering horse poop for a living) or being unemployed for ever. For MO to succeed -tbh i believe its kinda late for that to happen- with this hopeless team behind it a miracle wouldnt be enough. Now if you think that Henrik, Mats and Sebastion will keep on working on their free time on MO and that means MO will live longer allow me to disagree. Dont go far: just have in mind that untill this very moment they where supposed to be working full time on it and look at the results. I dont see how changing that to a hobby will bring MO to its rails and take it out from life support in a good state or if you preffer with the chacne to have a better future.

rumor is mats has already left the team but is still working on the game in his free time.

Awesome. Let me ask you something: Do you still believe that Mats is the talented dev he was supposed to be or the "very important programmer dude" that his forum signature actually sais (LOLOLOL), the same person he was supposed to revolutionize MO with his skills and bright ideas? I m not a programmer but lets say that i strongly believe that 10 people with the mentality and the skills of Mats Person are more or less sufficient to change a lamp.

To Psychobilly : 

I wanna be Henrik Nystrom instead of Henrik Nystrom

I really hope that the obsession you have to be CEO in SV is just an attempt to make humour cause tbh reading it in one every two posts you make doesnt make me laugh anymore. Dont get me wrong i mostly agree with your points and i like your toxic approach to SV and the mess they keep on doing but calling peoples vote to be a CEO instead of the CEO its not even funny anymore and its really sad if you think that theres even a chance in a million for something like that to happen. 

lol your probably right, im just warning you guys dont expect mo to disapear any time soon.

Its a vanity project, Henrik will keep the server up until he has to spend his OWN money. So what ever happened to all the publishers/studios that wanted a piece of MO?

• CrydexCrydex Member CommonPosts: 23
    Originally posted by YojimboBimbo

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/theia-for-lead-gm.80465/page-2#post-1388826

This is after discord muted IRC for 1 hour after players called for his removal.  

What do you guys think?  

edit: post was deleted.  was 19-8 before it went down.

Discord is a piece of shit.  I played Mortal Online for approximately 10 months, begining in the beta.  I have had nothing but negative encounters with him and other GM staff for that matter.  I'll admit, I used radar hacks in Mortal Online (this also revealed invisible clients).  On more then one occassion I observed invisible GMs griefing players by killing their mounts, and killing them. 

The concept of MO isn't a new one, it's just a shitty 3D version of what Ultima Online could have been.  That doesn't mean that I didn't have high hopes for the title though.

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by argirop

I really hope that the obsession you have to be CEO in SV is just an attempt to make humour 

Well now I'm gunna put it in every post for sure.

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300
    Originally posted by argirop

I really hope that the obsession you have to be CEO in SV is just an attempt to make humour 

Well now I'm gunna put it in every post for sure.

Awesome!

• FastSlothFastSloth Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by jacklo

Seriously, I'm not even a MO scholar, but from what I've heard of Henrick, do you think he'd get a paid job as a developer/programmer anywhere other than his own/father's company?

I sincerely doubt that since Henrik has never done anything programming in his life. And whatever he touches will rot, so, uh, no. MO going bankrupt is a sign that Henrik's dad doesn't share his son's learning disability.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

If you have to explain it, then it is not funny.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by FastSloth

I sincerely doubt that since Henrik has never done anything programming in his life. And whatever he touches will rot, so, uh, no. MO going bankrupt is a sign that Henrik's dad doesn't share his son's learning disability.

I am a SW developer and I can tell you that gaming development is hard, very hard and MMO development is even harder. So I am sure whoever coded MO can programm but that does not mean you can properly code a commercial MMO.

MO, from what I have experienced, seems to be developed by people who have little gaming development and then obviously you will get the results which are quite disastrous. I think the team simply underestimated the huge effort it takes to create an MMO.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by Yamota

I am a SW developer and I can tell you that gaming development is hard, very hard and MMO development is even harder. So I am sure whoever coded MO can programm but that does not mean you can properly code a commercial MMO.

MO, from what I have experienced, seems to be developed by people who have little gaming development and then obviously you will get the results which are quite disastrous. I think the team simply underestimated the huge effort it takes to create an MMO.

I am pretty sure that the main programmer was only a modder/scripter back when project started.

• FastSlothFastSloth Member Posts: 132

I am a SW developer and I don't see why you'd need a software developer to figure out that Henrik is not a programmer. You just look at what he says he does (nothing) and that's it.

I, too, am working on a commercial mmo project in my spare time. The result will be (and is as of now) of higher quality than MO because I'm not a coked up megalomaniac completely losing the general view on my own abilities. The things that work work and I'm not burning 300k per quarter.

And now ask me if I'd hire a leisure time modder to work with me on it, then I'd say ...no. Because nobody with a minimum knowledge of programming OR a sense of business OR simple common sense would pay money for a complete novice.

Infact I wouldn't let SV anywhere near my project even if they worked for free. Because they're losers.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    SV censoring critical posts is hardly news. The remaining community have only one tool available if they want to "stand up" against SV: their wallet.

Weirdly enough though, some individuals over there almost seem to enjoy being treated like SV's lil' bitches over and over again. It's like the gf of a psychopath: no matter how bad he treats her, she still stays with him because he knows how to sweet talk her between the beatings and humiliations.

Meanwhile, sane people around her keep scratching their heads, wondering why she doesn't leave him once and for all.

If you have to explain it, then it is not funny.

Not everyone is created equal.image