Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't buy The War Z! AVOID! AVOID!

Comments

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by Ginaz
    A zombie survival game where the zombies are a trivial threat?  Pass.

HAhahah...so true;

• Arcondo87Arcondo87 Member Posts: 94
    Yup warz is a crapload of shit man....just finished my trial and all i can say is WOW...ppl actualyl play this game with soo many other FPS out there? Even hacking is fucking boring....
  • ElcrazyramboElcrazyrambo Member Posts: 1

well i've been playing war z since 15th october and so far i've enjoyed it alot! really addicting. Let me explain! First week i spent playing alone, exploring and killing stuff around, it was fun, but i spent most of my time dead, cause let's face it, in a post-apocaliptic world you can't survive on your own.. but it weren't the zombies killing me, it was mean people even if i only had a flashlight they would take me down.. since i had no friends playing war z, i decided to find a clan, and let me tell you, this is where the fun starts!! all the tactics, really feels like a survival game, and yea we take down people, i only care about my group its like my family. so to sum up, to play this game you need friends, which makes it really fun!

About hackers.. first week i didn't see any, just a couple glitchers, second week i saw a couple hackers not many, cause i heard something about devs updating some patch that prevented some hacks to be usable. but then this last week until now, its hackers everywhere, and dont tell me it's not true, my clan and i play everyday for lot of hours, and we're usually a 10 man party, yes we take 1/4 of the server xD so yea we cover pretty much every spot in the map and we switch servers alot cause there's hackers everywhere, been impossible to play.

overall this game still needs alot of work, but grab yer friends and get on teamspeak and you'll see how fun it can be!

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by WolfClaws
    Originally posted by DAS1337
    Originally posted by Redemp

I'd say just avoid it due to the new hacks that have been released. Games worse than APB was in regards to hackers.

Once the fix the hacks, I'll give it another look ... as it is now I'm tempted to request a refund.

Man, I find that comment so funny.

I loved APB when it was with RTW.  I never saw a hacker, not once.  I really do like what WarZ has to offer.  I have yet to see a hacker, and I've been playing since the 15th of October.

I know hackers are there, there is plenty of complaining going on for it not to be.  I just haven't seen it and to me, it doesn't appear to be as prevelant as people say it is.  

It's a new game, the hackers will filter out into other games eventually.

Did not see a cheater in APB?? Sorry man, either you did not play much, or you sir, are blind, figuratively. 

Yeah APB RTW days was very cheater friendly, that's part of the reason why it died.

Nowadays under G1/Reloaded, not so much. Anti-cheat measures and crackdowns has been pretty prevalent. That's part of the reason why it is still going.

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by Ginaz
    A zombie survival game where the zombies are a trivial threat?  Pass.

They just had a damage buff today, and were not trivial by any means previously, unless you were fully geared with a vest and armored helmet with decent weapons.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by DAS1337

DayZ is not free, you have to buy ARMA first.  I'm tired of people saying that.  Most people bought ARMA to play DayZ.

It is free if you already have Armas2, lol. I got Armas2 to play Armas2. DayZ was a nice addition.

You don't HAVE to do anything if you don't want to.

• goflishgoflish Member UncommonPosts: 32

The OP obvously doesn't know what he is talking about, they pushed beta back to Nov 30th abd the game is still in Alpha.

I guarentee 100% the OP bought the game with the attitude that he/she would play it as a released game and not as an Alpha where you constantly look for bugs, exploits and glitches and report them to the devs ASAP. (most people are having this problem distinguishing between Alpha and a released game)

This is the problem with allowing people to buy in to Alpha testing, they skip the testing part.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by halflife25
    I always avoid indie free for all pvp full loot games without any consequences for killing players,. But thanks for suggestion.

Doesn't have to be indie either

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by goflish

The OP obvously doesn't know what he is talking about, they pushed beta back to Nov 30th abd the game is still in Alpha.

I guarentee 100% the OP bought the game with the attitude that he/she would play it as a released game and not as an Alpha where you constantly look for bugs, exploits and glitches and report them to the devs ASAP. (most people are having this problem distinguishing between Alpha and a released game)

This is the problem with allowing people to buy in to Alpha testing, they skip the testing part.

Yes but whose fault is that?

Seriously? Back in the day game testers were paid, then they were selected- Today they pay to test...Companies seem to want their Cake and eat it too- Get some initial funds and free game testers at the same time.

By opening this door to "pay to test" they do NOT get testers- They get " players"- So the bad PR is their own fault.

-That said, you are correct- But again, where does the fault lie?

EDIT: Back in the day Beta testers actually fillled out applications. A company wanted folks with different specs and experience. Today they just want cash- Period. And this is the result. Poorly tested games, bad PR, etc, etc...

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

I heard someone saying that The WarZ is not an mmo.

Let me guess, its not an mmo because zombies dont drop gold and an epic great Sword? So let me guess again, if its too realistic, it cannot be an mmo right?

I mean come on, its not because its something you never found in a mmo or so different that it means that its not one of them. The wow generation is too soft for that game, but they dont know yet. So they come here saying how bad the game is with the wrong mindset.

The difference between this and other mmo's is the fact that bears wont drop anything. its perma death. If you never heard of perma death, then you probably never tried Diablo. This time, its perma death in a open world pvp and you also have the choice to avoid that by playing on normal instead of hardcore.

Now, you can always join a clan if you dont want to die all the time. In a mmo, you're suppose to socialize, but there's so much cave trolls playing mmo's, that they get loss when their last option to survive is to socialize so instead of trying to group up, they end up whining in the forum when they should be looking for a guild instead.

Finally, the real reason you're not forced to kill any zombies, is simply cuz the game is not complete. The zombies are retarded right now. They cant see you when they're not really far and they cant reall hear the sound of a gun. Just like days, these things will change and you will be forced to kill a wave of zombies to survive just like and left for dead.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

Originally posted by Realbigdeal

Let me guess, its not an mmo because zombies dont drop gold and an epic great Sword? So let me guess again, if its too realistic, it cannot be an mmo right?

I mean come on, its not because its something you never found in a mmo or so different that it means that its not one of them. The wow generation is too soft for that game, but they dont know yet. So they come here saying how bad the game is with the wrong mindset.

The difference between this and other mmo's is the fact that bears wont drop anything. its perma death. If you never heard of perma death, then you probably never tried Diablo. This time, its perma death in a open world pvp and you also have the choice to avoid that by playing on normal instead of hardcore.

Now, you can always join a clan if you dont want to die all the time. In a mmo, you're suppose to socialize, but there's so much cave trolls playing mmo's, that they get loss when their last option to survive is to socialize so instead of trying to group up, they end up whining in the forum when they should be looking for a guild instead.

Finally, the real reason you're not forced to kill any zombies, is simply cuz the game is not complete. The zombies are retarded right now. They cant see you when they're not really far and they cant reall hear the sound of a gun. Just like days, these things will change and you will be forced to kill a wave of zombies to survive just like and left for dead.

Hmmmm- It IS maybe an MMO . I am pretty sure nobody claims otherwise- Its NOT an MMORPG but more of an MMOFPS. And theres permadeath? I thought you just couldnt log back in for 24 hours which is NOT permadeath. But even MMO has the word "massivly" so I am not positive this qualifies anymore than Team Fortress 2- But IDK, havnt played and am basing my opinion on what I read.

And Diablo is not an MMORPG either.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    Originally posted by SaintPhilip

Seriously? Back in the day game testers were paid, then they were selected- Today they pay to test...Companies seem to want their Cake and eat it too- Get some initial funds and free game testers at the same time.

By opening this door to "pay to test" they do NOT get testers- They get " players"- So the bad PR is their own fault.

EDIT: Back in the day Beta testers actually fillled out applications. A company wanted folks with different specs and experience. Today they just want cash- Period. And this is the result. Poorly tested games, bad PR, etc, etc...

Ummm... what about indie games? I never heard about any paid beta testers for indie games. They pay beta testers for big companies like EA and stuff like that.

Also, they can test the game themselves. They only need a bunch of players to check the server stability. Ppl need to get informed, seriously..

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    my main problem with War Z are the damn hackers.............

Ummm... what about indie games? I never heard about any paid beta testers for indie games. They pay beta testers for big companies like EA and stuff like that.

Also, they can test the game themselves. They only need a bunch of players to check the server stability. Ppl need to get informed, seriously..

What people "need to get informed"?

Checking server stability is a stress test (not a beta)... And I said back in the day game testers were paid and then they were volenteers but filled out applications.

Indie or not- These people are paying to test and thus are usually very sub par testers who only want early access. And this is why people "want their money back" and have given this (or any oother pay to test game) a terrible name, bad PR, break NDA's etc, etc, etc.

-Its the truth. Look at the forums and tell me these people are "testers" adhering to an NDA and not giving bad PR.

Originally posted by PsyMike3d

-And you prove my point (about people paying to test)

In a Beta you should be trying to Hack ... How can they make sure Hacks do not work once released if you do not hack while testing (and report the problem)

The idea is to try to "break the game" so the devs know what will happen when it goes live.

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554
    Originally posted by Nilarko

I went there looking for some zombie-killing fun, and all it turns out to be is an FPS with Zombies in the background.Most people in the game don't care about the zombies, they just want to kill other players.Shoot a zombie? I might need that ammo for a player!If you want some FPS deathmath, there are much better ones out there.AVOID WAR Z. 

Well for one thing its alpha atm, so your not paying for the final version but a pre-purchase with some pirks and beta access...

I enjoy the game, you can just shoot zombies as the noise attracts more zombies and of course bandits (player killers). You need to aim for the head or its a lengthy ordeal to drop a zombie. The survival aspect is a lot of fun, i tend to play on lower populated servers as yes i enjoy all parts of Warz but i prefer to not join as you put it the arena pvpers that roll around in groups from 3-15 killing 1 person at a time for small back packs.....

Remember OP when this game is final there will be server rentals etc, hopefully they allow decent admin options or at the very least password protection so people can weed out the Darkfall groups that are rolling around in small to large groups killing 1 person every 30 mins or so....

None the less aside from the occasional encounter with asshats, the game is very addicting, i just hope when all the content is in that they increase the zombie difficulty or introduce Zombie Herds into the game.

I think your post btw was thought up after a few moments in game, not all servers have those types of players.
  • Mike-McQueenMike-McQueen Member UncommonPosts: 267
    It is definitely a massive multiplayer online game so stop saying it isn't. It is not an rpg. However I've had more fun and laughs playing this game than anyother in a long time.

I'm a unique and beautiful snowflake.

• OriphusOriphus Member UncommonPosts: 467

In a Beta you should be trying to Hack ... How can they make sure Hacks do not work once released if you do not hack while testing (and report the problem)

The idea is to try to "break the game" so the devs know what will happen when it goes live.

Well, my problem with that is, as far as i am concerned it is live. They can call it what ever stage they want but that won't change the fact people pay for it to go play it now...not some unknown date in the future. Who would have paid for the game now if they said you can't play it until release in 2035 (yes exagerated for effect.) What exactly is a 'release'? I would have thought it was when anyone who wanted to play it could buy it and play it which is what there is now.

You can't just give everyone paid access to the game then say "hey don't be a critic of the game it is still in development until we say it is no longer in development"

I have gone on rants in other threads talking about how this business model is unethical at best. Sadly the business model is bad for both parties in the long run. But at least the devs get to eat bread today at the expence of everyone else right? great. 

:)
    "Trump is a blunt force, all-American, laser-guided middle finger to everything and everyone in Washington, D.C." - Wayne Allyn Root 
    Originally posted by Oriphus

Well, my problem with that is, as far as i am concerned it is live. They can call it what ever stage they want but that won't change the fact people pay for it to go play it now...not some unknown date in the future. Who would have paid for the game now if they said you can't play it until release in 2035 (yes exagerated for effect.) What exactly is a 'release'? I would have thought it was when anyone who wanted to play it could buy it and play it which is what there is now.

You can't just give everyone paid access to the game then say "hey don't be a critic of the game it is still in development until we say it is no longer in development"

I have gone on rants in other threads talking about how this business model is unethical at best. Sadly the business model is bad for both parties in the long run. But at least the devs get to eat bread today at the expence of everyone else right? great. 

I agree with you- That WAS my point... These companies want their Cake and want to eat it too.

• WikiUltimateWikiUltimate Member Posts: 6

http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?57081-Updates-anti-cheat-engine-It-s-a-Ban-time-!

they just activated their anti-cheating system, so you should see any cheaters getting banned. btw: have yet to see one myself.

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

Amen. "Beta testing" has become ajoke of late. No one tests, they just bitch and moan if the game has problems. Companies need to quit this for their own good, but of course they will never do that. Once they have tasted that revenue stream, they will want to keep drinking from it. 

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

no it is nothing more than a fps game ;)

• tristanryantristanryan Member Posts: 233
    I strongly agree with this thread title, but for none of the reasons he listed in the OP.
  • EhliyaEhliya Member UncommonPosts: 223

To me, the fun of a zombie apocalypse is the idea of humans banding together to fight the unstoppable hordes of brain-eaters.

Yes, zombie apocalypse literature has lots of human-human conflict.  But the main struggle is always humans v. zombies.  And the most compelling storylines dealt with how polyglot collections of people learned to work together.

I agree with the opening post.  From what I have heard War Z is basically a bunch of people in death match with other people and zombies are there as background noise.  What is the point?  Why not just play any other of the FPS?

I blame the designers.  They should know that a substantial portion of the customer base, when offered a chance to kill other humans, is ALWAYS going to interpret that as they MUST kill every person they see on sight.  Ninety nine percent of the rest of the game, whether it is lush graphics or atmosphere, fades into irrelevance for these people.  For them, the entire world is putting that aiming reticle in the middle of someone's forehead - over and over and over again.

Not for me *yawn* - and I am sorry to see such a promising concept heading off towards the same-old, same-old.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

people dont seem to realize,

the game isnt about zombies its about survival.

the zombies are merely what holds it together but other palyers are the main threat in this survival based game. The setup could be mad max style or a virus or alien threat but zombies makes sense from a popularity perspective.

If you really wanted challenging pve to go along with your survival game, then prehaps a jurrasic park style survival game with dinosaurs as opposed to zombies or a STALKER setting would work better. But theres only ever going to be so much of a challenge zombies can cause.

Only problem is warz is missing most of the survival elements that makes dayz fun.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.