Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Lost Shores Coming November 16-18

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Guild Wars 2 site has been updated with new information about when the November Lost Shores event will take place. The first phase will kick off on November 16th, with the final phase coming in on November 18th.

The event will culminate in a big Finale on Sunday November 18, make sure you will not miss it. This will be a onetime only event chain that will run multiple hours, and it will kick off at noon PST (20:00 GMT). Again, this will only run once, so make sure you will be there! There will be plenty of content available to enjoy that will remain permanently in the world as a result of the outcome of this event on Sunday.

Find out more on the Guild Wars 2 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

Stupendous Halloween event in October that hosted world changing events and a lot of spooky content, the Lost Isles which does the same and adds a new dungeon among other things in November, and the Wintersday event in December?  Not even all my P2P games combined offer this much content updates in swift succession.

Here's hoping for Player housing / guild halls and the release of The Crystal Desert in the near future (despite reports saying they weren't working on them yet).

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    <deleted - misunderstood the one time event>
  • MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk

Stupendous Halloween event in October that hosted world changing events and a lot of spooky content, the Lost Isles which does the same and adds a new dungeon among other things in November, and the Wintersday event in December?  Not even all my P2P games combined offer this much content updates in swift succession.

Here's hoping for Player housing / guild halls and the release of The Crystal Desert in the near future (despite reports saying they weren't working on them yet).

I've been reading this but can't find word from Anet stating it. Can someone link me?

BTW, we don't know how big the update will be. Halloween was standart size stuff. I do wonder what will be in this event. Also, what the actuall "one time content" will be. Is it just a cutscene like Mad King rise, or more stuff. Anyway, i'll be looking forward to find out.

FrodoFragins- They said that in addition to the 1 time stuff, permanent content will be added. How much, is again the question.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

It's disappointing that it's just a one time event.

When are they going to add permanent end game content?

This is one time event that will open that content. The Lost Shores and its new lv 80 dungeon are permanent, read more.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

"Again, this will only run once, so make sure you will be there! There will be plenty of content available to enjoy that will remain permanently in the world as a result of the outcome of this event on Sunday."

Originally posted by Zeus.CM

This is one time event that will open that content. The Lost Shores and its new lv 80 dungeon are permanent, read more.

Ah OK.  Like the gates of AQ in WOW.

Ignore my whining.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Originally posted by MMOwanderer

I've been reading this but can't find word from Anet stating it. Can someone link me?

BTW, we don't know how big the update will be. Halloween was standart size stuff. I do wonder what will be in this event. Also, what the actuall "one time content" will be. Is it just a cutscene like Mad King rise, or more stuff. Anyway, i'll be looking forward to find out.

FrodoFragins- They said that in addition to the 1 time stuff, permanent content will be added. How much, is again the question.

There was a live broadcast where they talked about the new dungeon.  It's basically an "endless" dungeon (best way to describe it in terms of the concept, but there is an actual end) whereby it gets more and more difficult with each level you move into.  Most people don't expect to reach the end, and it's likely to be a niche thing for most.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.

There was a live broadcast where they talked about the new dungeon.  It's basically an "endless" dungeon (best way to describe it in terms of the concept, but there is an actual end) whereby it gets more and more difficult with each level you move into.  Most people don't expect to reach the end, and it's likely to be a niche thing for most.

Sounds interesting, but i wonder if it will be a grouping nightmare with player one currently at level 25 of the endless dungeon, player 2 on level 40 and player 3 just starting.  I'm assuming it's kind of like Torchlight 1's endless dungeon.

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716

Sounds interesting, but i wonder if it will be a grouping nightmare with player one currently at level 25 of the endless dungeon, player 2 on level 40 and player 3 just starting.  I'm assuming it's kind of like Torchlight 1's endless dungeon.

No they said it was a high lvl dungeon for lvl 80's and the gear is uniqe to this dungeons even the drops.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

and it get harder and harder deeper you go :D

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415

Oh yeah, i remember now. Thanks for clearing it up. One of the most criticizes features of GW2 are the dungeons. It'll be interesting to see how this one goes, but the idea of it getting "harder and harder" sounds pretty cool. 

• ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746
    Looks awesome, I can't wait:)

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

I'm not going to sleep for two days -.-

hang on tight

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532

I love "endless" modes in games. I hope they really make it endless to see how far players can go, against all dev expectations. :)

It would definitely give guilds something to strive for... and a third endless dungeon mode beside story and exploration for all the existing dungeons might be something that would really beef up pve endgame.
  • arcwestarcwest Member Posts: 61
    Yep this would have to play out on the weekend i have to work... This is why i hate one time events. people with work, family, and adult lives always seem to miss out. Oh well, i guess i'll watch it on youtube.
  • arcwestarcwest Member Posts: 61
    Originally posted by Pilnkplonk

I love "endless" modes in games. I hope they really make it endless to see how far players can go, against all dev expectations. :)

It would definitely give guilds something to strive for... and a third endless dungeon mode beside story and exploration for all the existing dungeons might be something that would really beef up pve endgame.

I could see a raid like Karazhan having an endless mode. (I'm not talking about going back to wow) I mean a haunted castle/house/ labrynith that makes you feel like your going insane with time loops and spirits/ghost/demons messing with your head. A haunted setting is a potential setting for an "endless" mode.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Sounds exciting. First real content patch this soon after release. I'm impressed. For it being B2P and this update is free makes me even happier I bought GW2.
  • BobRichmondBobRichmond Member UncommonPosts: 32

Along with the link in the article, the below link is more about the new "endless" dungeon in specific.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/leah-rivera-on-the-new-fractals-of-the-mist-dungeon/

Bob