Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Empty PvE Zones across most Servers > Server Merge ??

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

The PvE zones on the most servers i transfered to were dead, empty, ghost towns never mind if in Europe or in the USA.

I had to solo the most events when it was possible with my guardian, sometimes one or two players appeared which was like a miracle after meeting no one over a long period of time.

Even Sea of Sorrows or Sanctum of Rall´s PvE Zones are mostly empty these days.  The most people are Level 80 and do W v W.

The hype about GW2 has ended, many people just left after they noticed that GW2 isnt for them. 

PvE is unattractive , bad loot, bad rewards and commonly grind grind grind. GW2 is a farmer game nothing else. Either do WvW or grind to 80.. some manage to level by crafting.. 

I think its time for a server merge soon or more people leave ...  Guild Wars 2 isnt far away from a real mass exodus.

When login into the game the server usually show HIGH - FULL but the PvE zones are empty......

Comments

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    there not merging servers.  they're gonna have guesting and paid server xfers. 
  • Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    Thanks for the laugh. I don't know why I laughed but I did so thanks. :) To your topic I have no idea though I did login the other day to transfer to a new server for a guild and couldn't because it was full :( The rest of the servers said full or  high so not sure why your having a issue.
  • halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

On my server game is very top heavy and loeer zones are almost empty (i roll alts a lot). The situation may differ from server to server.

So unless you have data from all the US and EU servers you can not say or even make an educated guess that servers need merging.

The only servers that need merging are the ones which are sitting on medium since first month.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    good thing the game is B2p and u dont need to re-sub in order to play from time to time ....
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

My (Spanish) Baruch Bay EU server is highly populated. Players everywhere & alive chats.

You are wellcome there anytime ;)

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

Ohhhh damn guys the servers THEY ARE dying!@!!!! 8 am PST

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813
    I think Xmas will bring a bunch more people into the game again. You will see more folks starting and making new characters. Its true though, I havent been able to form a party for CM Story in over 3 weeks, even with a guild of 499 players O.o
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Sounds like the sky is falling.

I better get an umbrella.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by Zzad

My (Spanish) Baruch Bay EU server is highly populated. Players everywhere & alive chats.

You are wellcome there anytime ;)

For God sake stop posting that ugly gremlin all over the forums. Don't  you have any pictures of norn female in skimpy clothing? have mercy on my eyes please.

*falls on his knees and begs Zzad*

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765
    Originally posted by Aquazen
    I think Xmas will bring a bunch more people into the game again. You will see more folks starting and making new characters. Its true though, I havent been able to form a party for CM Story in over 3 weeks, even with a guild of 499 players O.o

Well you cant form a party for CM in swtor O_O

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Originally posted by sammyeli

Nice i know , but where are these people ? Could it be that this HIGH and FULL includes OFFLINE players ? Yes it does, Full doesnt mean there are thousands of players online.

This server table shows missleading  data anyway. 

What gives if ETERNAL BATTLEGROUND has a 20 mins queue if the PvE zones are empty and the most level 80is are standing around in Lichs Arch waiting ??

This Table is for the dog....

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

High level players keep zerging the higher level zones, while the lower level zones are just as much fun ... Tough at prime time every zone has more then enough people around to do those boss events.

When start people understanding that lower level zones can still give good loot when you´re max level.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Originally posted by Roxtarr
    Originally posted by Goromhir

The PvE zones on the most servers i transfered to were dead, empty, ghost towns never mind if in Europe or in the USA.

I had to solo the most events when it was possible with my guardian, sometimes one or two players appeared which was like a miracle after meeting no one over a long period of time.

Even Sea of Sorrows or Sanctum of Rall´s PvE Zones are mostly empty these days.  The most people are Level 80 and do W v W.

The hype about GW2 has ended, many people just left after they noticed that GW2 isnt for them. 

PvE is unattractive , bad loot, bad rewards and commonly grind grind grind. GW2 is a farmer game nothing else. Either do WvW or grind to 80.. some manage to level by crafting.. 

I think its time for a server merge soon or more people leave ...  Guild Wars 2 isnt far away from a real mass exodus.

When login into the game the server usually show HIGH - FULL but the PvE zones are empty......

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

I started a new character which is fun. 

And hey i am not complaining about the game itself, i complain about finding to players to group or do events.

Hey guys, i am not the only one thinking that an extreme amount of players left this game which is the reason for the empty PvE areas.

WvW is another thing but also there on the BG´s i see less players and less queue´s

so calm down a server merger will be needed in the near future.

• fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286

I'm still thoroughly enjoying GW2 but have to agree that many of the mid-level zones (25-50) are dead.   My main is 48 and I rarely run into other people while doing hearts.  I used to really enjoy the DE's and world bosses but these days I tend to stear clear of them.

I think level boosting for PvP really hurt the PvE leveling experience.  It sounded good on paper but in reality ANET allowed a large portion of their player base to skip the traditional leveling process making the game feel less populated for PvE focused players.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy being able to jump into WvW with my friends who are already level 80 but these types of shortcuts do come with some consequences.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

High level players keep zerging the higher level zones, while the lower level zones are just as much fun ... Tough at prime time every zone has more then enough people around to do those boss events.

When start people understanding that lower level zones can still give good loot when you´re max level.

Yup, got an 80 yellow off Tequatl the Sunless yesterday (level 60 boss)

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• MuntzMuntz Member UncommonPosts: 332
    Originally posted by Roxtarr
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Yup, got an 80 yellow off Tequatl the Sunless yesterday (level 60 boss)

Agreed, I play peak hours and enjoy the lower level areas as there are enough people to do events with some challege. I havent found one completely empty. Sometimes the event is lost even. I find this more fun then the mass zerg that was happening at release. The events seemed overwhelmed then. The high level zones around a few events still have this overwhelmed zergy feel. 

• umie214umie214 Member Posts: 123

these threads are becoming absolutely ridiculous. clearly, GW2's pop has risen since release because we no longer have medium servers in America. half full, half high. 

where is everyone? use your common sense and observation.

1) Orr 

2) WvW

3) dungeons and spvp to a lesser extent

until they drastically buff world rewards, people will keep grinding karma in the higher zones. just because everyone is doing endgame stuff does not mean the server pop is any lower. that being said, ive never been in a zone alone on Dragonbrand. 

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I'm starting to see the first grumblings of low population. There was a thread on the official forums yeasterday that used the term "ghost town". 

I've been logging in every week or so and checking the WvW ques. Lastnight on Jade Quarry entering the Eternal Battleground was instant. The contest was pretty close too. I remember waiting 2-4 hours to get in there about a month or so ago. 

Active spvp servers has went for 200+ at any given time to 40 aswell.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

For all we know:

Low = Between 0-1 Players

Medium = 2-5 Players

High = 6-10 Players

Full = 11+ Players

The text they display on the server page is meaningless without knowing real numbers.  Same goes for WoW or any other game.

I think the only difference is, in WoW and some other games UI modes have been created to run scripts, count active players (tracking Unique Names hopefully) and reporting that so that outside websites can get a good guess on total player populations.

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415

Well, clearly the sky is faling and Anet is going bankrupt. It'll be F2P like TOR in 5 months. /sarcasm

But i'd like to know one thing just out of curiosity. I'm not a "conspericy" guy, but, do the "high/full" pop tags stay like that all the time?

As anyone played GW2 during the middle of the week days or late hours of the night and dawn when the game will drop to some low or medium pop as to be expected of any game? Or does it stay like that?

Really not trolling, just asking, because, if so, the servers don't reflect the actual online player numbers, and therefore, why some people may be find empty zones, while others don't.

• trenshodtrenshod Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Originally posted by sammyeli

If you read his post you would realize that he stated that the servers show high or full but there is no one in the starter zones. Have a pic for that?

• nordyanordya Member Posts: 82
    As a prospective buyer, I am slightly concerned about empty startign zones to do the events. 
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    Originally posted by nordya
    As a prospective buyer, I am slightly concerned about empty startign zones to do the events. 

Well, with pretty much any MMO, the best time to buy it is on or near release.  After a month players have hit the cap and are grinding whatever rewards tehy are after.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I was playing with my lower level theif in Metrica Province and there were lots of people running around.  In all honesty, the only place I've found that was short on players was the higher level area approaching Orr (can't think of the name offhand)

Of course, thats just my experience, and because I enjoy the game alot of the "haters" will feel my opinion is invalid.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• nordyanordya Member Posts: 82
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    Originally posted by nordya

Well, with pretty much any MMO, the best time to buy it is on or near release.  After a month players have hit the cap and are grinding whatever rewards tehy are after.

Well it's what 2 1/2 months since reease, you would think still new people coming in. You know capping in a month makes me feel like I am a turtle while I'm levelling lol.