Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The War Z: Closed Beta Dated, New PvP Video Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The War Z team has announced that the closed beta for TWZ is scheduled to begin on October 31st. For folks preordering the Pioneer package will get alpha access to the game beginning October 15th. The Pioneer package comes in at a spiffy $29.99 through October 20th when the price will go up to $49.99. 

“We’ve been working non-stop to tweak and balance the game to where we feel comfortable beginning to bring more players in,” said Sergey Titov, executive producer for The War Z. “We are now at that point, but this is where the real work begins.  We want to work with our players to build and add additional features, remove those that they don’t like and continue to evolve The War Z to be the best zombie survival-sim available.”

Find out more on The War Z's site.

In addition, the team has released a new video to show off in-game PvP action! Enjoy!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Must admit im a bit dubious about this game, but the middle package was only £18 so i thought bugger it ill give it a shot.

So now just have to wait until the 15th lol

• ArquitetoArquiteto Member Posts: 228
    I really hope people can get the word out that this is not from the team that created DAY Z.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

its better than DayZ tbh, Got mine last night!

:)

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

I will wait and see what it's like. Videos of their last game looked good but the actual game was total trash and performance was terrible. I already play DayZ but I wouldn't mind playing another similar game if it is actually good.

Also the zombies in this don't seem very dangerous at all, shoot your gun in a built up area in DayZ and you may aswell set yourself on fire and beckon everyone to your current location.

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Thats the game i'm waiting for! True sandbox fps mmo with my little house in middle of the forest,. Damn! I have house in the middle of the forest for real :)
  • Ridan477Ridan477 Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Just got mine! Cant wait!

Scoobin it up on the daily.

• NakedFuryNakedFury Member UncommonPosts: 411

got dammit alpha release monday!!! dreadful day for that.

change it for friday.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

1 question, is this MMO or just Multiplayer?

So What Now?

• MuffloMufflo Member Posts: 30
    Three simple points:

1: should it be called massive OPEN-WORLD shooter?
    2: it has a few rpg elements, and if anything has rp in history only needed simple tools and imagination. Should there be limits to what can be called rpg?
    3: Nerdrage alert: that sniper, carefree shooting away, and how long does it take for zombies to arrive?

The sylvari ordered Rice n chicken in a bar. The waiter asked him: "exploded or intact?" He angrily answered: "Intact of course! Do you take me for a fool?"

Those were his last words.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by bubaluba
    Thats the game i'm waiting for! True sandbox fps mmo with my little house in middle of the forest,. Damn! I have house in the middle of the forest for real :)

This game is NOT a sandbox in any shape or form.....but it does look good though.

• xeraxxerax Member UncommonPosts: 74

Be warned! this game has some major issues with hacking, cheats and dishonest developers.

It may still be some fun for you, but dont go into it blind, research the situation first and not on the game forums as they delete any post highlighting the games problems.