Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Emmanuel Lusinchi has left the building

http://torwars.com/2012/11/05/swtor-emmanuel-lusinchi-bioware-lead-designer-gone/

yikes, they are dropping like flies. this was quiet too...DE was the one who announced it via announcing Lusinchi as the new lead designer at his own studio. 

Comments

• kulhatkulhat Member Posts: 36

Understandable really.

No reason to go down with the sinking ship if you can avoid it :)

• DrakxiiDrakxii Member Posts: 594
    They are getting the band back together?  *shivers at the thought of SWTOR 2.0*

I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

IMHO Emmanuel was one of their best asset.

The guy was smart, knowlegeable about MMO and players needs.

Also he was one of the few to still have his head on his shoulders.

Finally he was genuinely honest.

Best luck to you Sir.

You will be missed for sure!.

D.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Everyone has their breaking point I guess.  Lushinchi had done some PR for EA in the past, like with promoting EA & F2P ... perhaps he got tired of lying.  It's also very hard to stay with a company that recently fired or forced out many of your close associates.  There is always the burdensome question, "Should I leave now while I still have a career, or wait it out and risk getting fired / forced to resign later .."

The job will get filled fast though;  EA has a bunch of suits waiting to get game design jobs.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by Karteli

There is always the burdensome question, "Should I leave now while I still have a career, or wait it out and risk getting fired / forced to resign later .."

Agreed.

I'm glad he found an exit without a career disaster.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • UO4everUO4ever Member Posts: 38

Brent Knowles leaving just after EA took over Bioware...  hence DA2

Not the first nail in the coffin?

edit:spelling

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718

"My lead designer at Bluepoint".

What is Daniel Erickson talking about? Is Bluepoint his start-up? I can confidently say, here and now, while knowing nothing at all about this venture except having watched and listened to Danielson for six years, that it will be a disaister and the investors will lose everything.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Originally posted by noncley

What is Daniel Erickson talking about? Is Bluepoint his start-up? I can confidently say, here and now, while knowing nothing at all about this venture except having watched and listened to Danielson for six years, that it will be a disaister and the investors will lose everything.

At least he didn't say  $15 was the problem...

As a game player they may no longer be some of my favorite names in the industry. However, they still have a pedigree with some successful titles they contributed to that will keep them in a job. Maybe they will turn it around. Maybe they will flop and burn right on out of the industry. Time will tell. It'll be interesting to see what titles they come up with anyway. They might make a good game but on the other hand the worst that can happen is they put out a product we can poiint and laugh at.

Either way I look at it = Entertainment +1.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by UO4ever

Brent Knowles leaving just after EA took over Bioware...  hence DA2

Not the first nail in the coffin?

edit:spelling

Brent Knowles leaving Bioware was the real turning point for the company, and not in a good way.

One of the best recounts of Bioware history is from his blog, starting with his first year there.

http://blog.brentknowles.com/2009/08/25/bioware-brent-year-1-1999/

You make me like charity

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Yeah, losing too many good people.  Can you blame them.  It'd be rough working for like activision on CoD and just making the same exact game as the last six. 

No creation, ideas, or anything.   Just what the "brilliant' suits want..

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022
    I think he made a good move, get out while you still have a job. It is a lot easier to get a job if you have a job.  If he waited until things get worse it would have been harder to get a job.
  • mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

How come some are sticking around longer and now finally leaving? I would have thought all of them would have got up and left at once. They all knew how this was going down.

I don't know maybe this was their strategy for some time now, to slowly build up a new (non-EA) studio.

Watch out... SWTOR may be run by interns by next year! image

• zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
     It is time for old crew to leave and to replace with new blood. Now we can except even better SWTOR. It is amazing what they did, i will spend a year to level all classes to 50. Best  story driven mmo on the market.
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by zomard100
    Best  story driven mmo on the market.

Agreed

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by noncley

Perfectly said!

I know this is a useless post on my part but I can't help but scream "AGREED".

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by zomard100
     It is time for old crew to leave and to replace with new blood. Now we can except even better SWTOR. It is amazing what they did, i will spend a year to level all classes to 50. Best  story driven mmo on the market.

That's the spirit.

• UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273
    Originally posted by Drakxii
    They are getting the band back together? 

Spinal Tap is touring again?

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Someone end the suffering and pull the plug on the servers. This ongoing death rattle is just sick.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
         Another "lead" that is gone.. Works fo me...... I couldn't stand playing that game sore after my first character.. I'm glad in this case the bosses are leaving..  They made their beds, now they can sleep in them.. I've already put Danny boy and others on my black list  of people to stay clear of.. 
  • Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Originally posted by ignore_me
    Someone end the suffering and pull the plug on the servers. This ongoing death rattle is just sick.

It's like the ending of that Korean film, "Sympathy for Mr. Vengance" where you hear the poor guy oh so slowly choking on his own blood intermixed with the river sounds throughout the closing credits.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Don't be surprised if Disney starts making moves with SWTOR, Disney takes things seriously unlike EA.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by TeknoBug

Don't be surprised if Disney starts making moves with SWTOR, Disney takes things seriously unlike EA.

I know it is too much to ask but maybe you should do some research and you will realize that Disney got nothing to do with SWTOR. It is still very much EA for the MMO licence.
  • TorqiaTorqia Member UncommonPosts: 73

Too bad talent like that ends up at Bluepoint games... 

FYI they dont really make anything at that studio other than collections on other games and Game engine work.. 

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by halflife25
    Originally posted by TeknoBugDon't be surprised if Disney starts making moves with SWTOR, Disney takes things seriously unlike EA.

I know it is too much to ask but maybe you should do some research and you will realize that Disney got nothing to do with SWTOR. It is still very much EA for the MMO licence.

And didn't Disney get a hold of Lucas Arts?

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Crazy_Stick
    Originally posted by ignore_me

It's like the ending of that Korean film, "Sympathy for Mr. Vengance" where you hear the poor guy oh so slowly choking on his own blood intermixed with the river sounds throughout the closing credits.

Great film reference, very appropriate.