Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] The War Z: Unpolished, But Addictive

Comments

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Originally posted by spawn12345
    well its very early beta. most of the features arent in yet and there are alot of bugs and balancing to be done, so this is expected. But the core game is great!

Beta is where you test all the features for release.  If it is not in Beta is most probably will not be there at release.  So when you say that most of the features are not in yet, then you can pretty much expect they won't be in at release either.

This game is really not even in alpha stage yet, to call it Beta means the developers don't have very high expectations nor should you.

When you throw money at half finished games, you just encourage other developers to do the same.  This game is far from release ready and really should be sent back to internal testing until the annouced features are at least working,  Until then this game is just another developer scam, attempting to jump in the xmas season and get their money quick.

This.

Rewarding a shady developer for bad behavior, only encourages more bad behavior.

People threw down $50 for "alpha" access? Really?

I personally think pre-ordering MMOs these days is silly, based on recent games, but paying full price for a pre beta (and even the fact that the devs were even asking for money is a bad, bad sign)?

Hell no.

I want to feel bad for the person throwing down $50 and finding this game is a POS, but I really can't.

The signs were there....

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    They can call it Alpha, but when you're taking money to get people into the game... I'm stretching the definition of "beta" as is.

That's another reason this shocking scamming needs to stop. People are being jupped into paying to play an Alpha it's a joke. What happened to the days people used to give their time for free to help seems to have gone and this newer model has slipped in under the radar.

I will not be part of this new way of taking funds for a game which is clearly not finished, it does not matter how good or bad a game is this can only end in heartache for us the consumer.

Bandit

Asbo

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953
    Originally posted by alexanys1982
    Dayz or Warz this genre is very powerful. Im leaning towards Dayz because people are more hesitant to use up ammo on other players unless absolutley neccesary just like in the shows and movies, this alone might break Warz....I cant remember anyone I killed in 6 years of playing WoW, but I remember almost every murder I commited in Dayz. Powerful new genre imo.

I think you are the rarity. I think instead of removing the handgun making player vs player murder less common it actually made it more common.

The problem is the gap between the haves (have weapons) and the have nots is huge. If you have a weapon particularly a gun in DayZ then the undead are of little real concern and so many players look to killing other humans for sport. To make things worse, in the current model a lot of guilds will kit out a guild mate who has just died, returning them to an armed state almost immediately.

So with easy access (for guilded players) to weapons which makes the zombie threat negligible the game does devolve into mindless PvP where even unarmed players are fair game.

Which is fine, I just cant see the point in dropping so much of my limited gaming time into what is essentially just an unrewarding timesink.

Atop that I think the real attraction of DayZ is not so much the permadeath or that you can get screwed by other players but the fact that the game is hard & challenging (part of which is permadeath and potentially getting screewed over) and if you make mistakes with the zombies it is unforgiving. Perhaps other games need to take that onboard and stop giving us "normal" and "hard" modes that are a total joke and can often be conquered even when deliberately trying to fail.

• YellowbearddYellowbeardd Member UncommonPosts: 83

bringing people back to life is dumb, oh let me fix that gun shot to the head for you, all better now? ummm no.

Also it's still alpha , paying for something don't make it beta , and also they never forced you to pay either . So Don

Ahh DayZ , 10 million the bugs War Z has and the standalone will be the same, since the devs of Arma Have always made glitchy games and are knowing for not fixing it, but now they might since they have a gold mine on their hands.

• LydarSynnLydarSynn Member UncommonPosts: 181
    The game does still have serious issues. From what I hear, the devs are focused on getting the cheaters (aka hackers) under control. I am confident that they will as they have done it before in War Inc.  The game is alot of fun but you absolutely must have a clan or some friends to play with to survive very long. If they add all the promised features especially being able to construct bases, the game will be even more fun.
  • AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Originally posted by Astropuyo

I'm with Remy on this, even the writers here do the EXACT SAME THING as the average "kiddo" mindset does, shoot people first hope for the best next.

I beg your pardon, I'm always friendly first, kill last.  That doesn't serve me well.

We all know whom I speak of~ :D

• zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    Originally posted by Drealgrin

Every single asshole in this game will shoot you. It's not fun. All the c***s have guns and will waste bullets taking you out even if you only have a flashlight. 

Think Day Z times 100, guaranteed that asshole will kill you the moment your back is turned. 

I hope they all die of zombie cancer

It is fun :)  This game is all about shooting at people, what you except? Friendly players with flowers ..

• HestiaHestia Member UncommonPosts: 119

I am very impressed with this game and am happy to make the early pre-alpha $39.99US game purchase. Playing since Alpha and still having a huge blast!

Game is definitely not recommended for those who are cry babies / care bears. Must also enjoy PvP. Also, it's still alpha as announced on their forums, people need to understand that they purchased for the full game but it hasn't been fully released yet. The developers need money as well to have a roof over their head and food to eat, hence the buy now packages. :)

• johnc3najohnc3na Member UncommonPosts: 12
    terrible game. cod version of day z. doesn't have the same atmosphere as day z. being a bandit is so ez any scrub out there can do it. i mean watching sacriel play day z just makes me shake in my chair. war z on the other hand, is so fucking boring you want to turn it off after an hour. day z stand alone is coming out soon, i don't even know what i bought this piece of shit.
  • johnc3najohnc3na Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Originally posted by Yellowbeardd

bringing people back to life is dumb, oh let me fix that gun shot to the head for you, all better now? ummm no.

Also it's still alpha , paying for something don't make it beta , and also they never forced you to pay either . So Don

Ahh DayZ , 10 million the bugs War Z has and the standalone will be the same, since the devs of Arma Have always made glitchy games and are knowing for not fixing it, but now they might since they have a gold mine on their hands.

and yet day z is 10 million times the better game than war z. sad isn't it?

• spawn12345spawn12345 Member UncommonPosts: 172
    well its very early beta. most of the features arent in yet and there are alot of bugs and balancing to be done, so this is expected. But the core game is great!

Beta is where you test all the features for release.  If it is not in Beta is most probably will not be there at release.  So when you say that most of the features are not in yet, then you can pretty much expect they won't be in at release either.

This game is really not even in alpha stage yet, to call it Beta means the developers don't have very high expectations nor should you.

When you throw money at half finished games, you just encourage other developers to do the same.  This game is far from release ready and really should be sent back to internal testing until the annouced features are at least working,  Until then this game is just another developer scam, attempting to jump in the xmas season and get their money quick.

Well then that settles it.. all that preorder games are losers.

You really got me there... now I dont know why I keep playing TSW since release every day since it sucked in the beta.

Thanks for helping me image and I will stop my sub as the game was half finished in beta and so that means it sucks now.

I will complain also to the natural selection 2 devs because lots of things were missing in beta stage, nothing was complete, that means it sucks now also at release

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

Pre-order has been the death of quality in gaming, must agree.

It does not look like the zombie hordes of gamers are going to descend on this one, but time will tell.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

Oh look another sandboxy style MMO with open PVP and full loot. So original.

*rolls eyes*

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

i love zombies but i'll wait untill the game is stable.

• xeraxxerax Member UncommonPosts: 74

Dishonest developers, widespread hacks and a world that encourages no come back cheating and random murder.........Such a shame as this game could have had real potential.

I dont see this making a recovery, the people running the show have shown their true colours already with the dishonest information, early money grabbing and attempts to hide the truth of the extent of the problems from their customers (deleting posts from the forums).

The only honest way forward is to refund everyone.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

I will buy this game no matter what. I saw a lot of videos and no words will stop me from enjoying the freedom in this game and the danger plus perma death/full loot on hardcore.

As an mmorpg, i can see that this game is not complete, but as a real sandbox, its at his best cuz you dont need much to be an ahrdcore sandbox and thats what im looking for mostly.

What i hope,is to see more type of zombies like feral ghouls, healthy zombies, some zombies who can climb, fat zombies who can puke on you, some beast turned into zombies like dog zombies and the option to play as zombies ourselves. Bosses from resident evil could be awesome.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• ZeymereZeymere Member UncommonPosts: 210
    Originally posted by SabbathSMC
    Originally posted by remyburke
    Between warZ and DayZ, I'm going to go with the first one that gives me a godamn autorun keymap ...seriously.

LOL yeah seriously this is a m uch needed feature they should add.

I hate to admit it but I totally agree with the fact that DayZ needs this feature!

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

You really got me there... now I dont know why I keep playing TSW since release every day since it sucked in the beta.

Thanks for helping me image and I will stop my sub as the game was half finished in beta and so that means it sucks now.

I will complain also to the natural selection 2 devs because lots of things were missing in beta stage, nothing was complete, that means it sucks now also at release

I have actually seen a couple preorder game that are half decent, but that is not a common occurance.  I was not talking about other games in my comment.  Warz is a POS and preordering it is ...well it is your money, but it does also encourage developers to continue to soak people for crap games like this.  

I have actually seen a couple preorder game that are half decent, but that is not a common occurance.  I was not talking about other games in my comment.  Warz is a POS and preordering it is ...well it is your money, but it does also encourage developers to continue to soak people for crap games like this.  

Can I have your crystal ball?

You can tell a game is crap by its alpha/ early beta version

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

Can I have your crystal ball?

You can tell a game is crap by its alpha/ early beta version

There are some games which have 'not going to end well' written all over them during beta. And if you think game is going to change into something different at release then you are either new to MMo genre or just being ignorant on purpose.

How much you want to bet that this MMO won't last long and most probably go down under with in few months? and no it is not crystal ball prediction but based on how full loot, open world PVP MMOS  fair in the market. 

So anyone taking bets?

• dieman4dieman4 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    sigh the games shit. Real shit. lets face it. its  a ripoff of some random ass "good" game *cough* DayZ *cough* and now they are milking money from you re re's aka retards who buy into the false advertise. And its not your fault, we all want that DayZ feel gameplay but DayZ standalone hasnt been released yet..what can we do. However, these developer fkers should be ashamed...charging insane amount of money as if it was like the most amazing thing in the world. First of all it should be "free" to test out the game and once closed beta is over. Payment options should brought to light. Charging 50+ dollars for alpha..pfft no thanks. Glad i didnt buy into either..from what i heard and seen. There is Devs using their spawn power/admin powers to ruin the natural gameplay of the game, there is already hacks for the game and the community of this game is bunch of d*ck heads...even worse than DayZ. Its sad. woo i went on a rant there haha. Not my intention but just saying, people be smart with your money..these days people will shit out a mmorpg from their ass and try to milk all the money they can *Three month later F2P*...*1 year after Shutdown* bam goes your 50$.
  • HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    So, color me a n00b since im only lightly familiar with dayz mod etc.  What is the primary difference going to be between this product reviewed in the article, and the upcoming standalone dayz?

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Originally posted by dieman4
    sigh the games shit. Real shit. lets face it. its  a ripoff of some random ass "good" game *cough* DayZ *cough* and now they are milking money from you re re's aka retards who buy into the false advertise. And its not your fault, we all want that DayZ feel gameplay but DayZ standalone hasnt been released yet..what can we do. However, these developer fkers should be ashamed...charging insane amount of money as if it was like the most amazing thing in the world. First of all it should be "free" to test out the game and once closed beta is over. Payment options should brought to light. Charging 50+ dollars for alpha..pfft no thanks. Glad i didnt buy into either..from what i heard and seen. There is Devs using their spawn power/admin powers to ruin the natural gameplay of the game, there is already hacks for the game and the community of this game is bunch of d*ck heads...even worse than DayZ. Its sad. woo i went on a rant there haha. Not my intention but just saying, people be smart with your money..these days people will shit out a mmorpg from their ass and try to milk all the money they can *Three month later F2P*...*1 year after Shutdown* bam goes your 50$.

what?

you make no sense.. whatsoever

If you preorder the game is costs $25, at release it will be $30 and its a normal sum of money for a game

You think DayZ standalone will be free? 

You dont pay for alpha/beta. You pay for a preorder of the retail game and get access to alpha/beta to test the game and help the devs build the game. 

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by dieman4

what?

you make no sense.. whatsoever

If you preorder the game is costs $25, at release it will be $30 and its a normal sum of money for a game

You think DayZ standalone will be free? 

You dont pay for alpha/beta. You pay for a preorder of the retail game and get access to alpha/beta to test the game and help the devs build the game. 

The point is, they are offering preorders for a game that still has major issues.  Many of the promised features are not in and probably never will be.  Sure the game is playable but that is about it.  Support shoddy games like this sets a bad precedent.  They should pay you to beta test it not the other way around.  Most games as unfinished as this one is, usually die within the first 6 months.  

• Marius6870Marius6870 Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Heres a idea about how to make people think twice about killing other players.Like in most zombie movies, if you die either from a bite or zombie attack, or just natural causes, the plague is in the air, and even though you can resist it in life, in death is a diffrent story.What if when your killed by a player, you rise as a more powerful zombie, both stronger (( hits harder )) and faster (( yes, this means run speed)) with infravision, so you can see the body heat of players that are alive, making you a more effective hunter. So imagine you shoot some kat, and while your looting his water and beans, he rises up and comes after you. So even though you empty some bullets into him, your just to close, and hes hitting to hard thus, your lunch. What do you guys think?