Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard sucking money out of Pay Pal accounts.

2»

Comments

• theAsnatheAsna Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Originally posted by kaiser3282
    Whike that is true, this isnt an error on any banks part. It is a private company who screwed up and IMO they should have to take it up with the banks themselves, not simply pull the money back out.

It would be like me accidentally giving someone too much money for smething I bought off them, then going and breaking into their house and taking it back when I realized it later. Yeah, technically they should just give me that money back, but it desnt give me the right (legally) to forcefully take it back. Theres a reason we have legal systems & courts after all.

Dunno but doesn't have PayPal a banking license? After all I would think that the kind of services PayPal offers would require it.

Blizzard did some money transfer via PayPal. This transfer was an error on Blizzards behalf. Blizzard realized the error and gets things sorted with PayPal. PayPal corrects the error.

If you do a transaction from your real bank account and it was an error you can up to a certain point have this transaction canceled. 

But then you can't compare a PayPal account with a real bank account since with a real bank account a customer has more rights.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by theAsna
    Originally posted by kaiser3282
    Whike that is true, this isnt an error on any banks part. It is a private company who screwed up and IMO they should have to take it up with the banks themselves, not simply pull the money back out.

It would be like me accidentally giving someone too much money for smething I bought off them, then going and breaking into their house and taking it back when I realized it later. Yeah, technically they should just give me that money back, but it desnt give me the right (legally) to forcefully take it back. Theres a reason we have legal systems & courts after all.

Dunno but doesn't have PayPal a banking license? After all I would think that the kind of services PayPal offers would require it.

No.  PayPal doesn't have any special qualifications.  I'd be surprised if their techs are SQL-trained.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.