Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Absolutely Infested with Hackers.

Comments

• RighteousRighteous Member UncommonPosts: 99
    The correct terminology: cheaters. Hacking implies the person has computer skills, which in turn elevates their ego. Please, call it for what it is, it is cheating.
  • BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by Biskop
    Sad. Things like this really kill games. It seems these devs have made some really serious mistakes (rushed development, paid alpha access, lack of anti-cheat measures, unprofessional customer relations staff) and the game may never recover from this trainwreck of a pre-release.

Too bad all the anti-ffa people will use WarZ as an example when they try to argue against open world pvp - as if that had anything to do with its increasingly bad rep.

Oh come on, what are you blind??

Show me an open world PvP that works!  And I mean one that doesn't work for the griefers and cheaters.

The only thing that works is instanced.   

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• tristanryantristanryan Member Posts: 233
    Originally posted by Boneserino
    Sad. Things like this really kill games. It seems these devs have made some really serious mistakes (rushed development, paid alpha access, lack of anti-cheat measures, unprofessional customer relations staff) and the game may never recover from this trainwreck of a pre-release.

Too bad all the anti-ffa people will use WarZ as an example when they try to argue against open world pvp - as if that had anything to do with its increasingly bad rep.

Show me an open world PvP that works!  And I mean one that doesn't work for the griefers and cheaters.

Im not sure what you mean. I love PvP. I also love DayZ and WarZ. I love the feeling of risk of loss, real loss. When encounter another player in these games, you feel real adrenaline. I can feel my heart beating in my ears. If i miss that shot... i could lose *everything*. You must gives games like this a chance and you will see what i mean. Its.. a feeling not many games can provide. You might even call it a "high".

I just cant deal with cheaters.

Originally posted by tristanryan

Im not sure what you mean. I love PvP. I also love DayZ and WarZ. I love the feeling of risk of loss, real loss. When encounter another player in these games, you feel real adrenaline. I can feel my heart beating in my ears. If i miss that shot... i could lose *everything*. You must gives games like this a chance and you will see what i mean. Its.. a feeling not many games can provide. You might even call it a "high".

What you love is an image of PvP in your mind. 

The unfortunate thing is that for you and many others , there is not a game out there that can provide that experience.

And the reason is just as you have stated.  It is because of the people that are drawn to play these games.  You may have notions of honourable and fair and balanced PvP in an open world but the reality is that it just doesn't work.   And the reason is, because these games are littlered with the type of anti-social misfits that could not give a rats ass about fairness or honor or skill.  They just want  to kick your ass and watch you cry.  Period.  And they will do it any way they can.

So if you enjoy playing with this type of person by all means go ahead and enjoy. 

Does that make it clearer?

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648

Absolutely infested. Hell, there are multiple live streams of hackers and nothing is done about it, at all. Everything from no clip, aimbot, ESP, ghosting, proximity alerts, 100% underground movement, 100% flight; the whole shabang.

Also, it gets worse.

Not only did they enter alpha/beta with *zero* anti cheat measures (which they will pay dearly for) would you like to know the ***only*** advice or reccomendation from Hammerpoint Interactive?

Wait for it...

Report the situation to a forum moderator (lol). Incase you dont know, there are no nameplates ingame, no death message of who killed you nothing. I can only imagine how some of these hack reports sound "umm someone killed me and then took off flying through the air, i dont have his name but.. ban plz". They also instantly delete any posts (thousands) that are made on the issue, in the alpha discussion forum. They would rather hide the problem.

Its ridiculous and im ashamed i wasted 50 dollars on this piece of shit. "its alpha", no it isnt, its beta and this games code has already been compromised from top to bottom. I hope for the best, but my past experience tells me this game has already started the swirling circle going down the shitter. I would provide a link to the multiple hacking streams, but it would only advertise the hack packages for sale, as little as 2 dollars for 48 hours.....................

Edit;

The NDA has been lifted for a while. Please dont lock down this post. Its a damn crime to let people knowingly spend money on something like this. Its just despicable and it makes me so fking mad i cannot describe.

Edit #2;

I dont post bullcrap. Heres proof. Im sorry, but word has to get out there. I lost 50 bucks!!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ultimatehackstream/theater

Hi Trist , I would like to thank you for bringing this to the player base here on mmorpg.com, because I WAS thinking about getting this game now when I read your post and watched the stream I am not interested at all in this god aweful piece of crap , reminds me of APB all over again but worse, it's people like this that ruin the experience for everyone, it would be awesome if some of these idiots were exposed for doing shit like that, but we also have to blame the devs , seems they really only care about money.

Really sorry you had a bad experience man , I really am, for my zombie fix I play Dead island , Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 seems to do the job, would be nice to see a massive scale survival horror game be built properly instead of rush rush rush , it pisses me off, because alot of us were looking forward to this , well not anymore!

Thank you again , you saved me 50 bucks, and in return I will give you a Planet side 2 beta code , just mail me bud!!

Take care,

Aeolron

Now PS2 makes sense to me!

PvP with a purpose, other than mindlessly ganking other players and hopefully no cheaters. 

Enjoy the game!

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257

I'm sure they are working on something to stop the cheats. We'll just have to see after the offical release.

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868

Yep I can attest to this, been killed by flying guys, guys shooting through walls, guys moving at incredible speed.  One guys killed me and my three buddies with one shotgun blast, and we weren't even bunched up.

Fun stuff.

• infamouswhoisinfamouswhois Member Posts: 185

ustream.tv/channel/legitplayer

another hacker

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347

Infested is kind of inaccurate, it isn't that bad at all.

I've yet to come across one, and after introducing a friend to the game tonight ran for five hours with no threat in sight. I think it's an exagerated issue tbh, it exists, but not on the scale some might like to think.

• oreal52oreal52 Member UncommonPosts: 79

This program is a piece of crap ( i don't call it game,there is nothing entertaining in it )

Stay away! image

• Yavin_PrimeYavin_Prime Member Posts: 233
    Originally posted by Talonsin

I have not run into a hacker yet, I dont get a chance.  Everytime I try to enter a town, I get shot before I can search one building.  I understand this is a survival game but holy mackeral you would think I would be able to run into one person who does not want to shoot me for my noobie flashlight.  I dont really think the zombies even fit into the game right now.  It is more of a PVP game with a slight zombie annoyance than a zombie survival game.

Yes, I understand when the zombie outbreak happens that people will want to kill me for whatever I have but not EVERY SINGLE PERSON left in the world. 

This is exactly why I won't play the game at all. I really can't stand games with that level of PvP.

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    On a side this is good because they can experience and possibly get a defense in place for these hacks before launch.On the other side,it sucks because cheaters(notice not hackers,hackers are to be praised) suck by default.

• OriphusOriphus Member UncommonPosts: 467
    yes, game is infested.
    :)
    "Trump is a blunt force, all-American, laser-guided middle finger to everything and everyone in Washington, D.C." - Wayne Allyn Root 
    Originally posted by GolbezTheLion

Infested is kind of inaccurate, it isn't that bad at all.

I've yet to come across one, and after introducing a friend to the game tonight ran for five hours with no threat in sight. I think it's an exagerated issue tbh, it exists, but not on the scale some might like to think.

Golbez I am sorry but you have to be living in Fantasyland, IMO.  

Did you see what the  guy said when someone asked him, "why not get skills instead?"

His reply:  "Because I got hacks....Duhhh!!"

Nice and of course he is advertising where to get them.   So unless something is done about this, do you not agree that the game,if it isn't already, soon will be, INFESTED?

• PsyentistPsyentist Member UncommonPosts: 46

In beta is when you want outbreaks (pun intended) like this one to happen. Frankly, its a red flag to us likely consumers at this point, but seeing how Hammerpoint responds will be critical to the game's overall success.

To the OP, I would simply say your warning is appreciated if misguided. Yes, this game is intense enough to cause you to grief over the death penalty when you died unfairly; the game deseign itself makes everything hyper important and dying carries with it a hefty wait.  But it is stil in beta and you willingly paid $50 for an unproven product. Crying foul about an incomplete game is a bit... rash.

Personally, I've been delibrating whether to go with the DayZ standalone or this. Posts like this are only mildly disconcerting, but the resolution of the problem will solidify the deal.  Heres to hoping~

Edit:  Oh and on the subject of open pvp: Open world full pvp is by far the best, most engrossing style of rpg ever concieved.  That being said, its also the most touchy, tech savvy, and actively moderated kind of scenario to create which is both expensive and time sensative.

• AesowhreapAesowhreap Member Posts: 78
    What game is this about.

Best Regards, ...

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

The unfortunate thing is that for you and many others , there is not a game out there that can provide that experience.

And the reason is just as you have stated.  It is because of the people that are drawn to play these games.  You may have notions of honourable and fair and balanced PvP in an open world but the reality is that it just doesn't work.   And the reason is, because these games are littlered with the type of anti-social misfits that could not give a rats ass about fairness or honor or skill.  They just want  to kick your ass and watch you cry.  Period.  And they will do it any way they can.

So if you enjoy playing with this type of person by all means go ahead and enjoy. 

Who are you to tell somebody what games he loves?

Just because you can't handle open world PVP doesn't mean others don't enjoy it. Games like EVE, UO (private servers nowadays), DF and DayZ thrive on FFA PVP. They are not your typical themepark/consensual PVP type of game and thus require a different mindset and a different type of skill, but that's why they're popular within their own subset of the MMO community.

If you had any experience with these games you would know that "fair, balanced and honourable" are meaningless terms in open world environments, at least outside pre-arranged arena fights and duels. FFA PVP is more akin to warfare than a football match; it takes time, commitment, metagaming and political maneuvering to be successful, and it does not end just because you win one battle. 

But you probably won't understand this, since you seem to have more of a MOBA/BG approach to PVP - which is fine, but please respect that others enjoy other things.

As for hacking and cheating: it has nothing to do with FFA PVP - people hack, cheat and bot in all games. Sadly though, many FFA games are also indie projects and thus easier prey for cheaters than the big AAA titles. Also, cheating has a more devastating effect in a competitive environment than in a PVE-only themepark game.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

I agree hackers are a serious problem.

While playing the game I experienced some bugs in the game, and discovered that given the right memory codes to the game files you can easily edit memory with any hack program to amke yourself go through walls and such.

Problem isn't so much public hacking.

What about the users who play the game on their own private server lock down their room and use hacks to quickly farm a lot of items drop them into their storage and then go on another server without the hacks?

Also the fact that when you die you have to wait 60 minutes to play again this is annoying as hell spawn time should be no longer than 60 seconds.

The game in this state is just very bad and I agree waste of money however it is free so not much of a loss I will wait and see what the final product is like.

Also the game companies say CHEATING a game company is breaking the LAW lol? They are morons I don't agree with cheating, however I would like to see the cheat companies sued maybe not for revese engineer their game to hack it but for loss of money like blizzard did in the lawsuit against that one program that began with a G.

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331
    The hacking in the game has been lowered/reduced significantly since the last update, they've been working on the hackers and have acknowledged it very early on.  The issue was that the early build they had, players did not have name plates thus making it quite impossible to report players but now with the new update and anit hacking they've implemented along with player name plates the hacking epidemic is no where near where it was at the beginning.   Addtionally you have to keep in mind and i'm sure this has been mentioned several times that this is an "ALPHA".  Paying to play in an alpha in any game is risky and buyer beware.  Alpha usually ends up being the very raw essential features of the game in any type of game development cycle and game play is not refined at all.
  • GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347

Golbez I am sorry but you have to be living in Fantasyland, IMO.  

Did you see what the  guy said when someone asked him, "why not get skills instead?"

His reply:  "Because I got hacks....Duhhh!!"

Nice and of course he is advertising where to get them.   So unless something is done about this, do you not agree that the game,if it isn't already, soon will be, INFESTED?

I have no reason to lie, but you are obviously free to think whatever you choose.

I do not agree that the game is infested with hackers.

I do not agree that the game will soon be infested with hackers.

Anti-Cheat measures were implemented a few days ago, meanwhile they've been gathering metrics on the situation over the last few weeks, and the company revealed that of the playerbase less than 1% were utilizing hacks. Not my definition of rampant or infested, but so be it.

The majority of individuals who think they fell victim to a hacker, actually didn't. They simply lacked solid situational awareness and got dropped by someone that was better. It happens every day, someone who thinks they are having a decent run gets popped, and they immediately cry hacker out of spite or sheer ignorance. It couldn't possibly be that they just got outplayed, right? This isn't a new concept to online gaming, it's been going on for over a decade...

If I thought the game was a hacker infested shitpile I wouldn't recommend it to anyone I knew, and if it were I surely would have experienced that by now, but I haven't, and I have no reason to make up stories and defend the company blindly. I have zero vested interest in them. However, I do think that they seem to be doing a satisfactory job with the game, imho, and when issues arise they try to deal with them efficiently and in a timely manner.

No company wants there game to fall prey to hackers, especially at this early stage of development when bad press can crush a game before it even gets off the ground, and the War Z has had some issues with them - of that there is no doubt, I've seen the vids, etc... some of the hacks used were definitely blatantly obvious and others not so much - but I firmly believe that to refer to it as "infested" or to give the impression that they are running rampant killing everyone and nobody can play the game in a fun manner is absolutely untrue.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

yeah they have just started to bring in their anti hack system.. now they know what hacks people have been using it will be easier for them to stop..

From what i have seen its been a lot better sicne the last patch when they brought in the system.

Also anyone cought hacking gets their account perma banned..

• infamouswhoisinfamouswhois Member Posts: 185
    actually they only get permabanned if they get caught hacking twice. They posted that the first time a person get caugh hacking its; i can't remember how long but i think 72 hrs account ban. Basicly if you get caugh hacking you'll get a 2nd chance before getting your account permabanned. But ya after last patch its not as rampant for cheaters but there's still the odd one here and there. But just like the other cheats before, cheats happen in waves after some time has passed for hacks to develop. If there's still the odd hacker around after their fix, you can expect a 2nd wave of massive hackers to happen again.

Who are you to tell somebody what games he loves?

Just because you can't handle open world PVP doesn't mean others don't enjoy it. Games like EVE, UO (private servers nowadays), DF and DayZ thrive on FFA PVP. They are not your typical themepark/consensual PVP type of game and thus require a different mindset and a different type of skill, but that's why they're popular within their own subset of the MMO community.

If you had any experience with these games you would know that "fair, balanced and honourable" are meaningless terms in open world environments, at least outside pre-arranged arena fights and duels. FFA PVP is more akin to warfare than a football match; it takes time, commitment, metagaming and political maneuvering to be successful, and it does not end just because you win one battle. 

But you probably won't understand this, since you seem to have more of a MOBA/BG approach to PVP - which is fine, but please respect that others enjoy other things.

As for hacking and cheating: it has nothing to do with FFA PVP - people hack, cheat and bot in all games. Sadly though, many FFA games are also indie projects and thus easier prey for cheaters than the big AAA titles. Also, cheating has a more devastating effect in a competitive environment than in a PVE-only themepark game.

I think the point I was trying to make is that I know what he is looking for and it just isn't out there!  He was hoping this was it but no, the kids took it over and now it is ruined for him.  Maybe not for you.   And they will move on to the next version of this game and ruin it too.  Simply because they can, and thats the kind of player that lives for this type of PVP.

You are correct in your second paragraph.   It is warfare.  I respect that people are willing to go to war (real war), even knowing that lives could be taken from them by a gutless terrorist, hiding with a remote detonator.  They do it with honourable purpose and we owe them a great debt.   I suppose it is the same in a game.   What is the point however, of fighting in the game though, if you have no real hope of defeating an opponent who has an unfair advantage over you?  You will die over and over again.  Spawn camping, cheating, ganking call it whatever.    I suppose there are people that will enjoy any type of activity, you are correct.  Not sure if it will be huge numbers in this case though.

Honestly, in listening to PvP players on these forums I do respect what most of them seem to be looking for.   I can't help but feel though, that it is impossible to create that game .    I think what these games really need instead of a change to the game is a change to the type of player.  In PvP, the person you are playing against is really the key to having fun.  Not the game.  Or at least to a lesser extent, IMO. 

Thats really where I stand on it.  PvP is not bad, it is just very difficult to achieve.

By the way I just started playing Fallen Earth.  Not sure if I will try the PvP yet, as I will most surely suck at it, but its there to try and who knows I might even enjoy it.