Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Open Beta? ...meeh

UlorikUlorik TorrancePosts: 172Member Uncommon

I'm currently not subscribing but got this nice invite to completely open Beta on Thursday. Ok patched my original Rift and downloaded Beta Client...but..

since Saturday I've tried to transfer my max lvl Warrior to the PTS in order to test the Storm Legion regions but I only ever got the massage: Public Test Shard currently closed for transfers

Of course I was trying to post on the Beta Forums and the normal Rift forums, but then again...can't seem to post as my account is not currently active.

So much for Open Beta...argh

Comments

• nationalcitynationalcity Decatur, MIPosts: 330Member Uncommon

Make a character on the beta server use fluffy to level to 50 (TEST NEW CONTENT) so easy.....

Not trying to be rude but its not like its gonna really make much of a difference if you use your old character or a new one you can still test out the new content....

• SkymourneSkymourne Ruston, LAPosts: 366Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by nationalcity

Make a character on the beta server use fluffy to level to 50 (TEST NEW CONTENT) so easy.....

Not trying to be rude but its not like its gonna really make much of a difference if you use your old character or a new one you can still test out the new content....

This.  You're really missing out if you just throw  your hands in the air and walk away over something like this.  Just make a new toon, pop him to 50 through the Fluffy npc, get your 400 free plat, and go to town.  It's been a blast.

• UlorikUlorik TorrancePosts: 172Member Uncommon

Darn, didn't know about the Fluffy NPC..where do I find him/her/it?

• ArkainArkain Tampa, FLPosts: 490Member Uncommon
    Its a BIG were-wolf in the city

• sakersaker harrisburg, PAPosts: 993Member Uncommon

It hasn't excited me. It's a nice enough game, but, I don't know always feels somehow generic? I've never been able to get at all excited by it. Been in this beta, and the last, hardly played it at all. Had a look, nothing grabbed me.

• NilenyaNilenya TMIPosts: 364Member Uncommon
    Just be glad you didnt take the beta faq too literal. It did state we could copy our old toons to the beta. In black and white, that is what it said. I thought that would be a good time to resub to remove coinlock and get my toon over on beta to check things out. Well unfortunately it didnt allow me to copy my toon. I did use fluff, but that wasnt quite what I wanted - I didnt see any way to level up my craftings on a fluff toon, and I couldnt harvest the new nodes to check out the crafts. - In the end I was just so annoyed with having paid for a sub to remove coinlock (you cant copy toons when they are coinlocked, and you cant log a lvl 50 toon into the game to remove coinlock, and you can only have 2 toons on a fremium account. So in my case I had no slots to make a low toon to remove coinlock which meant resubbing) - that I pretty much just emo'd out of having anything else to do with the beta and particularly paying for the new expansion. I was just thoroughly disgusted with having bended over backwards to do my part in order to take advantage of what they stated in their own beta faq. And then still comming up short.