Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

List of Celebrities that Play MMO's

RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

Thought I'd lighten things up with all the intresting threads lately.

Name the celebrity and what game(s) they play or have played. They can be from sports, movies, TV, singers  models..Kate beckensale and Kat dennings image  slobber.....oh got off track sorry. Well you know what I mean.....

Samuel jackson-Eve Online

Vin Diesel- World of Warcraft

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

Comments

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503
    Daniel Wilson-Rappelz
  • QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    I bet Nathan Fillion plays something... he's a gamer.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Miley Cyrus - Farmville  image
  • EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868

Robin Williams - WoW

Aubrey Plaza - WoW

• saxifrsaxifr Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Curt Schilling used to play WOW (not sure if he can still afford to pay electricity + internet + game sub)

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

McCauley Culkin - Former (possibly current?) WoW Player

Mila Kunis - Former WoW Player

Vin Diesel - Former WoW Player

All I can think of so far.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by RavingRabbid

Thought I'd lighten things up with all the intresting threads lately.

Name the celebrity and what game(s) they play or have played. They can be from sports, movies, TV, singers  models..Kate beckensale and Kat dennings image  slobber.....oh got off track sorry. Well you know what I mean.....

Samuel jackson-Eve Online

Vin Diesel- World of Warcraft

Kudos to big Sam

• ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

In the director's commentary of Resident Evil I, Mila jovovich and that other actress whose name escapes me talked about playing a lot of GTA. No idea if they ever played an MMO, though.

Surprised to hear vin diesel played WoW. Guess WoW's marketing paid off (no surprise). And I find it hard to believe Sammy Jackson playes Eve (what race, what corp, etc); although it would be super cool if that was the case.

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532
    Originally posted by Arclan And I find it hard to believe Sammy Jackson playes Eve (what race, what corp, etc); although it would be super cool if that was the case.

Imo that information is one of the most closely guarded ones in the industry...

Really, imagine the life of a celebrity like Samuel Jackson... Poor guy, he can't ever be just a normal dude. Wherever he shows his face it's "Oh man, you're Samuel Jackson!!!" Just think, mmos can provide celebrities with something no money or power can buy - a chance to hang around with "normal" people, to forget being a household name and to participate in the mundane world which is as closed to them (if not much more) as theirs is to us. I wouldn't be surprised that mmo-gaming is a hobby of choice for a lot of celebs nowadays...

• worldalphaworldalpha Member Posts: 403
    Mr. T plats WoW according to the commercials.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Working on Social Strategy MMORTS (now Launched!) http://www.worldalpha.com

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    Originally posted by Arclan

Surprised to hear vin diesel played WoW. Guess WoW's marketing paid off (no surprise).

Hardly a surprise. He's a D&D player afterall.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Surprised to hear vin diesel played WoW. Guess WoW's marketing paid off (no surprise).
    Vin grew up playing D&D, so WoW would not be a stretch for him, I would think :)

If WoW's Ads are true...
    Vic Mingona, William Shatner, Verne Troyer, Ozzy Osbourne, Mr. T, Jean-Claude van Damme, Willy Toledo, Steve vna Zandt, and of course, Chuck Norris himself all play WoW :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• daisdais Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Dave Chappelle played WoW for a while...not sure what that guy is up to these days though.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

Vin grew up playing D&D, so WoW would not be a stretch for him, I would think :)

If WoW's Ads are true...
    Vic Mingona, William Shatner, Verne Troyer, Ozzy Osbourne, Mr. T, Jean-Claude van Damme, Willy Toledo, Steve vna Zandt, and of course, Chuck Norris himself all play WoW :)

Yeah, Vin Diesel seems to be one of the truly legit fantasy fans but I'm not sure if he still plays:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36_-DauQi0s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL99gumGT-M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71AzW9_p4Jg

Anyone that references characters from the silmarillian gets a pass from me

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Jonathan Ross plays wow too.

Kudos to Samuel L Jackson for being the celebrity with taste!
  • Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    ... Kudos to Samuel L Jackson for being the celebrity with taste!

As long as he isn't an F'n goon that is... ;)

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Originally posted by Pilnkplonk
    Originally posted by Arclan And I find it hard to believe Sammy Jackson playes Eve (what race, what corp, etc); although it would be super cool if that was the case.

Imo that information is one of the most closely guarded ones in the industry...

Really, imagine the life of a celebrity like Samuel Jackson... Poor guy, he can't ever be just a normal dude. Wherever he shows his face it's "Oh man, you're Samuel Jackson!!!" Just think, mmos can provide celebrities with something no money or power can buy - a chance to hang around with "normal" people, to forget being a household name and to participate in the mundane world which is as closed to them (if not much more) as theirs is to us. I wouldn't be surprised that mmo-gaming is a hobby of choice for a lot of celebs nowadays...

the cool thing is he can probably be unknown even on vent.  The whole thing could just be like dude you know you sound just like Samuel L. Jackson???  Sam...I get that all the time, dont I wish!!!

• ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by Myrdynn
    Originally posted by Pilnkplonk Originally posted by Arclan And I find it hard to believe Sammy Jackson playes Eve (what race, what corp, etc); although it would be super cool if that was the case.
    Imo that information is one of the most closely guarded ones in the industry... Really, imagine the life of a celebrity like Samuel Jackson... Poor guy, he can't ever be just a normal dude. Wherever he shows his face it's "Oh man, you're Samuel Jackson!!!" Just think, mmos can provide celebrities with something no money or power can buy - a chance to hang around with "normal" people, to forget being a household name and to participate in the mundane world which is as closed to them (if not much more) as theirs is to us. I wouldn't be surprised that mmo-gaming is a hobby of choice for a lot of celebs nowadays...
    the cool thing is he can probably be unknown even on vent.  The whole thing could just be like dude you know you sound just like Samuel L. Jackson???  Sam...I get that all the time, dont I wish!!!

You know, I did bump into a pirate whose ship was named "bad mother f'r." Coincidence?

Re Vin Diesel, I remember seeing a D&D book in a hobby store, and the foreward was by Vin, himself. Being a Vin fan in general (pitch black pwned), I found this super cool to read about how he and his buddies in NY would always find some fire escape or other secluded space to play D&D at.

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757
    George Fisher from Cannibal Corpse admited in some interview that his contribution to the band's songs was small due to his WoW addiction. He would be playing the game while the rest of the band was writting the new songs.
  • Yodi2007Yodi2007 Member Posts: 167

Dave Chappelle-: WoW & GW2

Warrick Dunn-: WoW

Gackt  : FFXI

Below is where we can disscuss and come up with new ideas for Sandparks!

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5164689#5164689

• HahhnsHahhns Member Posts: 210
    Originally posted by Quirhid
    I bet Nathan Fillion plays something... he's a gamer.

from his twitter account

ringsoforbis

http://www.ringsoforbis.com/

• DarhammDarhamm Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Originally posted by gordiflu
    George Fisher from Cannibal Corpse admited in some interview that his contribution to the band's songs was small due to his WoW addiction. He would be playing the game while the rest of the band was writting the new songs.

Not safe language for work :D

• fetarnoxfetarnox Member Posts: 8
    Doesn't Lil Wayne play Ultima Online. I also heard he was, for awhile there, addicted to Final Fantasy 11. Is it true? It might be one of those closely guarded secrets...like David Letterman's cocaine addiction through the 80s. I might be wrong, but its what I heard.

Can you read slant-lettered words without moving squint-strained lips?