Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My carrot and it looks good:)

Comments

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by Alot

Originally posted by thinktank001

Originally posted by Aerowyn Short video of my level 65 Ranger...never played an MMO with better variety of great looking non cap weapons/armor.  I know cosmetics aren't a big deal to many but between all the differn't skins and the dye system you can really create some amazing looking sets even at low levels  

Less than 2% of the players actually care about cosmetics

I know it's much to ask of a MMORPG forumite, but could you please provide me the source of that number?

www.Ilovetobulllshit.com

Oh and I saw a guy who posted a picture of the legendary, thumbs up!.

Really some cool look stuff.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

I dont get caught up in looks at all when I play an MMO, it just means nothing to me.  But it appears their are a larger number of people that will chase that carrot instead of character progression.

I guess thats why I cant stomach most of the stuff out of Korea, since it appears that is the primary driver for most of their games, looks and sex appeal.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by PaRoXiTiC

Finally got my sword and here are some pictures of my completed Main Character.

ive seen that thing in motion looks crazy:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

Short video of my level 65 Ranger...never played an MMO with better variety of great looking non cap weapons/armor.  I know cosmetics aren't a big deal to many but between all the differn't skins and the dye system you can really create some amazing looking sets even at low levels

Less than 2% of the players actually care about cosmetics, and P2W business model developers label you guys as peacocks.

Did you pull that number from your ass?  I'm guessing that you did..

Yep, he did. In an entirely unscientific poll on this site it turned out that a great majority (like over 80% of the respondents I think) did indeed care about cosmetic items which surprised me, because its just not something I'm concerned about.

But I'm out of touch when it comes to mainstream gamers, that much I know. image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765
    Originally posted by snapfusion

I dont get caught up in looks at all when I play an MMO, it just means nothing to me.  But it appears their are a larger number of people that will chase that carrot instead of character progression.

I guess thats why I cant stomach most of the stuff out of Korea, since it appears that is the primary driver for most of their games, looks and sex appeal.

Damn GW2 is a korean game? I guess you learn something new everyday!

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh

Short video of my level 65 Ranger...never played an MMO with better variety of great looking non cap weapons/armor.  I know cosmetics aren't a big deal to many but between all the differn't skins and the dye system you can really create some amazing looking sets even at low levels

Less than 2% of the players actually care about cosmetics, and P2W business model developers label you guys as peacocks.

Did you pull that number from your ass?  I'm guessing that you did..

Yep, he did. In an entirely unscientific poll on this site it turned out that a great majority (like over 80% of the respondents I think) did indeed care about cosmetic items which surprised me, because its just not something I'm concerned about.

But I'm out of touch when it comes to mainstream gamers, that much I know. image

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• VaultarVaultar Member Posts: 339

Ya I am loving playing around with armor combinations. Here is my TA set with deathly pauldrons from halloween and Karma helm. My aim now is to get Arah torch and scepter as well as Arah boots, gauntlets and helm. TA + Arah combination is just amazing.

Looking forward to EQL and EQN.

• GeobardiGeobardi Member Posts: 68

Nice thread, i will post my main character:

She's wearing some pieces of the krytan armor skin from the gem shop and the pirate needler, one of the few shortbows that looks like a longbow. I like this armor because it's not a coat and looks awesome when i go with my black moa, both of them looks badass. I hope Anet adds more classic GW1 armors like this in the future, i don't care if it's in the gem shop. Now i am aiming to get pieces of the cultural armor mixed with some pieces of my order's armor to get a unique feel, but they are sooo expensive...

And this is when you turn into the avatar of Balthazar in one of the personal story missions, i wanted to share this image because it's awesome when you use the Hounds of Balthazar elite skill with it, i want more transformations like this in the future.

• Grimrist000Grimrist000 Member Posts: 82

obtained my first "carrot" just a couple of weeks back. the amount of farming needed to obtain it was quite hefty but totally worth it, imo. image

i think people who can't find anything to strive for in the game just don't really care about cosmetics or just haven't found the look they want. the game is definitely lacking in the skins department atm, which is surprising tbh. i hope they add more and more armorsets and variety in the coming months so that more people can find their "carrot" to keep them playing.

i'm pretty sure ANet has a ton of artists working for them, so why not have some work on more armorskins? so far, all named lvl 80 exotic armors within the same armor class  look the same. hell, even the Mad King exotics have the same skins as those.

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
    THe last sylvari dude looks pretty sweet. Nice
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Is this a legendary? If so may I ask, how much did you spend?

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

Yea Grimrist, T3 Asuran Heavy is indeed badass. The T3 stuff generally is awesome but very expensive to obtain. I like your dye choices as well.

I don't have a lvl 80 yet interestingly (I'm to much an altoholic heh) but my Main wears Cultural armor. Specifically T1 Sylvari armor transmuted into lvl 60 crafted cloth. I particlarly like the dyes I chose for it. I think they fit the look perfectly. :)

FYI for those who love seeing folks armor and dye choices (and yea GW2 has more armor and weapon skins than any new MMOG I think I've ever seen) I highly recommend checking out the newish subreddit on the subject.

http://www.reddit.com/r/guildwarsdyejob

• KingzainiKingzaini Member Posts: 39

This is my charr 80 war in a pretty cool set I put together

Chr 1

charr 2

charr 3

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
    Originally posted by bcbully

Is this a legendary? If so may I ask, how much did you spend?

I started from day one with a main focus on obtaining this weopon. I bought the pre-cursor for 60 Gold on like day 5 or 6. 100 gold for runestones and I bougth 100 charged lodestones for about 68 gold at the time. Farmed most of the other mats, but did buy a few of them. I would say all in all since I started really early it probably cost me 400-450 total gold. The karma was actually the hardest part for me. That's just a straight up grind and get lucky at the forge for Clovers which I did get really lucky.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

My color scheme is basically "Iron" with some "wrath" on the mask.  I have 2 pieces of the armor set I'm working toward and any skin I don't like, I'll thow the hall of monuments skin on.

In this pic, apparently I wanted to show off my huge sword...

and hey, you can't dress for battle all the time - sometimes I just want to chill...

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Here is mine!

Still working on his look...  ^^

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Originally posted by lifeordinary
    Originally posted by InFlamestwo
    I hear alot of whining on how armor has no variation etc. The thing in GW2 is that you can have 500 different dyes to colour your armor, there's a few thousands if not more different ways to colour your armour. Colours in GW2 really changes how your armour look, it can go from "fucking ugly" to "amazing!". Also, you can mix different pieces of armour from different armour sets and make it look really cool. If you don't like the Arah heavy set, mix it with CoF or Dredge armour for example and use the colours that fits best.

Ehmm who is whining? or just trying to stir up shit here because you don't like a peaceful topic for a change?  as far as medium armor is concerned. It is true that very few peices offer variations. Most of it is long over coats. A long coat is a long coat whether it is pink, red or yellow. We are talking about actualy design and not about the colors. Currently medium armor doesn't even go wo with the class for example engineer and thieves.

GW1 had best varity for medium armor and it is a shame devs didn't follow armor design from GW1.

As others said. light armor has the best varity and my mesmser looks different than say ELE and Necro.

I see many whine on how armor looks bad on different forums. I know Medium got alot of coats but there are sets that don't have coats... use those armour pieces with the set you want. I played GW1 since start, yes there are a few non-coats, mainly because of the Assassin doesn't looks good in it so ArenaNet made those armour sets for the Assassin. Ranger mostly had coats, same with Dervish.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by lifeordinary
    I hear alot of whining on how armor has no variation etc. The thing in GW2 is that you can have 500 different dyes to colour your armor, there's a few thousands if not more different ways to colour your armour. Colours in GW2 really changes how your armour look, it can go from "fucking ugly" to "amazing!". Also, you can mix different pieces of armour from different armour sets and make it look really cool. If you don't like the Arah heavy set, mix it with CoF or Dredge armour for example and use the colours that fits best.

Ehmm who is whining? or just trying to stir up shit here because you don't like a peaceful topic for a change?  as far as medium armor is concerned. It is true that very few peices offer variations. Most of it is long over coats. A long coat is a long coat whether it is pink, red or yellow. We are talking about actualy design and not about the colors. Currently medium armor doesn't even go wo with the class for example engineer and thieves.

GW1 had best varity for medium armor and it is a shame devs didn't follow armor design from GW1.

As others said. light armor has the best varity and my mesmser looks different than say ELE and Necro.

I see many whine on how armor looks bad on different forums. I know Medium got alot of coats but there are sets that don't have coats... use those armour pieces with the set you want. I played GW1 since start, yes there are a few non-coats, mainly because of the Assassin doesn't looks good in it so ArenaNet made those armour sets for the Assassin. Ranger mostly had coats, same with Dervish.

And their 'whinning' is justified. I and others have already acknowledged that not all medium armor consists of longcoats but they do over shaodw the over all  medium armor design.

Look i just want me engineer to look like an engineer. When i finally find something that suits me i saddens mee to see that a thief is also wearing the same set and so is a ranger. There is very little indivduality between the classes and if all this 'whining' wakes up Anet and they add new variotions based on classes, it is only a good thing.

• KingzainiKingzaini Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by Roxtarr

My color scheme is basically "Iron" with some "wrath" on the mask.  I have 2 pieces of the armor set I'm working toward and any skin I don't like, I'll thow the hall of monuments skin on.

In this pic, apparently I wanted to show off my huge sword...

and hey, you can't dress for battle all the time - sometimes I just want to chill...

your second pic looks like you're ready for a GW2 baseball game

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836

My Asura Guardian: "Online"

Lieutenant of Fort Aspenwood's [GODS]

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Vaultar

Ya I am loving playing around with armor combinations. Here is my TA set with deathly pauldrons from halloween and Karma helm. My aim now is to get Arah torch and scepter as well as Arah boots, gauntlets and helm. TA + Arah combination is just amazing.

Holy subjective experience of beauty, Batman!  Because I think that looks downright aweful!

• gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Originally posted by Homitu
    Originally posted by Vaultar

Holy subjective experience of beauty, Batman!  Because I think that looks downright aweful!

LOL yep, I don't know.... not my idea of beauty, but I will say it's nice that such extremes are possible.  Lot of options in GW2 for gear customization I would say.  There are a lot of long coats in medium armor, but there are a lot which are not of that style as well.  

For contrast here is my ranger (very purple... what can I say):

• ClawzonClawzon Member UncommonPosts: 188

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgXolN2Oexs&feature=youtu.be

haven't played as much as i'd like lately xcom has sucked a good amount of my time:P but really looking forward to see what's to come in the november update

Sorry but a gnome crossed with terminator doesn't work!

1/10

:)

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836

Alright I'm just gonna ask here so I can purge this ignorance once and for all. 

How do I put an image up that is clickable and expands? I thought linking it from MMORPG.com would do it but apparently not. :(

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Asthetics are HUGE in MMO's, i don't care what anyone says. Its my main TSW draw is that i can change my outfit daily if i want. While i did play GW2 during the trial (only got 2 days into it because the reticle combat from TSW drew more of my attention) ill admit that the clothing styles were quite good. Which is great, In terms of armor style i put GW2 above Rift (mainly because i cant see rift armor protecting anything and chafeing horribly). ill give the devil its due, GW2 was very pretty to look at, They should keep up with the cool looking armors.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.